Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Laptops?!

Im Looking to buy a new laptop that can handle new mmorpgs.

what set up do you think is the best for my dollar?

"The new age is upon us, yet the past refuses to rest in its shallow grave."

Comments

• xpyrofuryxxpyrofuryx Member CommonPosts: 1,587
  • FilipinoFuryFilipinoFury Member Posts: 1,056
    Two of my friends got laptops from there.(ibuypower.com) One came DOA the other broke after a month or two. One returned his for a full refund the other switched it for a brand new one which  broke 8 months later. You'd be better off throwing money at a baby elephant.

On Time? On Target? Never Quit?

• RK-MaraRK-Mara Member Posts: 641
    You should buy a desktop pc.

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

A year or so ago I bought a Dell and it's working great still. I wanted the XPS but they were ridiculously expensive, so I did some searching and found NotebookForums which had some good info on it. I wound up buying an Inspiron 9300 and then getting a 256mb 7800 GTX from the parts direct part of Dell, telling them I had a XPS system. After I put the new video card in, the total of my system I think was about $1,500 and it was the equivalent of the $3,000 XPS system minus the gigabit ethernet port (since that's not changeable). In the past 6 months I also changed out the wireless card for an Atheros one which supports 108Mbps, since that's the wireless router I have.

I've been happy with it.