Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW Prophecies

outthislifeoutthislife Member Posts: 115
So this is a game I have, and used to have a char at the "peek" of the game, at least of the time I played.

I'm bored of EVE/WoW/UT and those Korean-made free games are all disgusting, so I figured I might try it again..

However..

Do people still play prophecies? Would I be able to get groups, and is it worth it? Or should I not bother, and try for NF/Factions?

Comments

• MeonMeon Member Posts: 993

You can find people for the earlier missions. but for some crystal desert, southern shiverpeak, and fire isles missions its nearly impossible to find a group.

especially on abbadons mouth and hell's precipice

• adderworksadderworks Member Posts: 10
    You should be able to hook up with a decent guild by the time you hit the high missions.
  • r1m1k1r1m1k1 Member Posts: 129

IMO Prophecies is still the best, Factions was boring, the quests were 2 long and boring that just ran u from 1 place 2 the other, hard 2 explain y i dont like it really..... Havent gotten Nightfall yet. Im 2 busy trying to figure out the complexities of EVE. Is Nightfall good?

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Nightfall is easily better than Factions...  I think most people agree that it is also better than Prophecies, although you know how it is, people always like the original because it felt so fresh at the time, and prophecies has a larger world than nightfall, so theres a good reason to say its better.

Anyways, lots of people still play prophecies.  Its harder to find a group, but not impossible, and the items you find in Tyria are still just as good as those found in the other continents.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• wargod79wargod79 Member Posts: 1
    iv had guild wars prophecies for about 6 months. and i still play on a reguoar basses. but after 6 months it is boering.
  • r1m1k1r1m1k1 Member Posts: 129
    Do you pvp a lot and have an active guild and take part in HoH? I agree that while the storyline is rich PvE gets old fast.
  • ram3oram3o Member Posts: 134
    If i where u i get the latest guild wars first. Nightfall.  Newer game, and more people are playing it.  Then if u like it, u can work backwards to add more content to your guild wars collection.
  • harmtbharmtb Member Posts: 3
    Gotta agree with Ram. Getting the latest game will get you in more with groups. It will also get you all the updates that people that don't have Factions/Nightfall didn't get. However, you will still get to play with people in Prophecies, as well. There are still plenty of people playing in Tyria.