Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warlock or Hunter??? (POLL)

XeratixXeratix Member Posts: 130
Warlock or Hunter

Comments

• XeratixXeratix Member Posts: 130
    I think its the Warlock, because you can keep summoning in a match. Buy a hunter u loose the pet and have to go away and tame
  • keolienkeolien Member Posts: 198
    Originally posted by Xeratix

I think its the Warlock, because you can keep summoning in a match. Buy a hunter u loose the pet and have to go away and tame

Umm, do you know what your talking about? You can ressurect your hunter's pet. Most warlock pets cost soul stones to summon...

• outthislifeoutthislife Member Posts: 115
    Warlock because they're overpowered.
  • XeratixXeratix Member Posts: 130
    Ye but Warlocks pets are more powerfull
  • mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747
    i have played both Hunter and warlock.  I actually thought that the hunter had more DPS then the Warlock and that the hunter could tank better,   The thing i hated about the warlock was the costant consumption of stones which you always had to get and if you got to many it would hinder your inventory.  All and all i saw the Warlock to more fun then the hunter. 
  • bebopdrumsbebopdrums Member UncommonPosts: 168
    as far as inventory goes hunters have just the same problem as warlocks in that they need a quiver...its almost worse for hunters in that sense because a whole bag slot it taken. i enjoy hunter alot for pve because you can pull multiple targets alot more easily as you arent a squishie like a lok. however in the end, you wont be doing 12k crits with a hunter. hunter may be dps but a high level warlock is unbelievably destructive force. i also like warlock for pvp because a contanst fear is a great way to run away...however if i had to choose one on the fun factor, itd be hunter...i think high lievel mail is awesome and the fact that you simply are more resilient makes for fun pveing.
  • NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755

Make a BM spec hunter and tell me that please.

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508
    Originally posted by Nierro

Make a BM spec hunter and tell me that please. It depends alot on the pet and what your using it for. Some pets are offensive, some are defensive, and some are inbetween.

If you run alot of instances or PVP then you want an offensive pet like a cat or spider. If you are a quester then you need defensive like a bear or turtle.

Also some pets literally stink even if your a BM. Those new warp mobs are crap. I cant count how many beastmasters I see having to constantly rez the things. Stalkers, hunters, etc.

Again it also depends on the situation. I have a grovestalker and ravager now. The grovestalker is a good inbetween pet and can get stealth so I can Eyes of the Beast and scout something out. But for pure damage I use the ravager.

Kai
  • TaniquetilTaniquetil Member Posts: 214
    Warlock   -You'll always get a group , plenty of power and I think you won't have to pay for your mount.
  • RushagRushag Member Posts: 39
    If you looking forward to instances i suggest to play tank (warrior or feral druid) or healer or semi healer (Priest, Druid, Shaman) Currently on our server its almost impossible for hunters to find a group. Also, about 2 months ago we had a total lack of warlocks but now we have alot. Basically all classes come in waves. Lack of warlocks 2 months ago has brought us a crowd of warlocks now.

So in my opinion is worth to do "/who 1-20" and inspect a "current new generation" classes balance before creating new char. Alternative way is just create a new char and try to play it to know which class you like to play. All people who make tanks just "to have tank char" is bad tanks, so you can play your character well only if you like to play this class and willing to learn how to play it well.
  • Hitash_LevatHitash_Levat Member Posts: 43
    I would say... it really depends on what you are looking for.  My lock is lvl 18, and my hunter is 33, but it really depends on what your looking for.  me,  I say that locks are awsome fun wise... I can bait my pet to get away from something i can't kill, or even fear off and run away...  problem is the soul stone issue... only 1 pet can be summoned without one and that pet is garbage, not to mention he refuses to hold agro.    With my hunter,  My turtle is always a loyal pet for holding his own with anything I put him up against.  My Ghost Saber is an excellent DPS pet and I am trying to figure out what I want as my 3rd pet... for now i got an Ape, don't really like them though.  I like the fact that if my pet refuses to hold agro i can kill the mob without to much trouble.  and feign death is a quick way to drop agro off you to continue building hate on your pet.  So I guess I would have to say I like my hunter better.  though it is true... hunters have a hard time finding groups at times.  though being in my own guild I don't find it to hard.   I don't know why they don't want hunters in their groups... they are the best pullers in the game.  and they can quickly dump agro onto the tank.   and also help as secondary tank.  meh... to each their own.   Though i will say if i had the choice between a lvl 30 hunter and a lvl 30 lock in my party Id take the lock for the rez stone purpose only.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    There usually are far too many hunters on a server, which is one reason why people don't want them in their groups...otherwise, ive always had good luck having hunters in the group....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon