Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still a piece of crap?

13»

Comments

• govedotogovedoto Member Posts: 11

EVE pvp's arent as good as L2 lol......but oh well gimme a some link to download an EVE pvp movie made by player to see how hardcore the pvps are if you want I will post you link for L2 pvp movies aswell .

2Fast4you

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I am thinking our definitions of hardcore are different.

In L2 if you die in PvP, if it's war you lose 1% or .5% if you have a clan hall or none if you get brez. If you are not in a war it will cost you 4% or 2% if you have a clan hall. This is experience.

In EVE if your ship explodes, you lose your ship and what was in your cargo (equals millions of currency), some dude complained on the forums for losing 400m worth of goods in his cargo, he was a transporter. If you get podded, you could lose skill points which = time.

Thus by that it is hardcore, if by intense and adrenaline rush, then L2 > EVE. But Diablo 2 PvP in hardcore mode >>>>>>>>>>>> all. If your heart isn't pumping, then it's not hardcore PvP. (No hacks of course in Diablo 2, the only way to really PvP). Let me try to find some PvP movies in EVE. I'll edit it and post it back.

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
    Deleted due to double post. 
  • govedotogovedoto Member Posts: 11

i know the death penalties in L2 dont worry ;)

im waiting for the movie :p

2Fast4you

• funkulafunkula Member Posts: 6
    Lineage 2 is certainly not for many people, especially people who live in Europe and North America. The game is geared towards internet cafe gaming, in a sort of twisted symbiotic relationship. Sure, the game can be fun when played with friends, but what exactly would you be doing with your friends that would make the game any different? Not much, from my experience. The quests are still boring , and the armors , though looking cool, seem useless in most cases, as everyone ends up wearing the same thing, yet all the megabytes are used to make it look slightly different on different races. I just dont like it. This is after playing C4, I dont know if C5 is any different, but I assume its still the grind-fest it was when I played it.
  • Rha-ELRha-EL Member Posts: 208
    Originally posted by funkula

Lineage 2 is certainly not for many people, especially people who live in Europe and North America. The game is geared towards internet cafe gaming, in a sort of twisted symbiotic relationship. Sure, the game can be fun when played with friends, but what exactly would you be doing with your friends that would make the game any different? Not much, from my experience. The quests are still boring , and the armors , though looking cool, seem useless in most cases, as everyone ends up wearing the same thing, yet all the megabytes are used to make it look slightly different on different races. I just dont like it. This is after playing C4, I dont know if C5 is any different, but I assume its still the grind-fest it was when I played it.

Ya know I certainly had problems with this game myself.  Badly implemented quests and the ebayers/bots (althought they seem to have cleaned up a lot on the bots lately).  But I think your going waaay out on a limb there saying this game is only for internet cafes and not for people living in Europe or North America.  Where did you get this bullshit from?

If you played C4 and actually experienced the amount of people who play from North American and especially Europe, you'll definitely get that foot stuck in your mouth.  Its still a vibrant game.  A VERY Hard-Core game with a lot of flaws but a good game.  Its NCSOFT that needs to shape up.  Their MANAGEMENT of the game has been the biggest flaw to date.

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

game in itself isnt crap, its pretty fun despite the grind. but the ebaying, farming, and influx of new adena from farming service websites, really is taking a toll on the economy as a whole, once u hit A grade and S grade it really hurts your pocket. Now granted im Not saying you should be able to get your armor as soon as you hit lvl 61 and what not, but if ur lvl 65 or more and cant afford ur full A grade and A grade weapon, something is wrong with the pricing. Im lvl 54 all i have is full doom and a +4 SLS (focus)

i cant afford a damacsus sword cuase it cost like 68-80 mill a sword. i can only imagine A grade. oh yeah i also have only C grade jewlery, but I have B grade blackore earrings I got from a clan member. crap is expensive in this game, so much so you almost get to the point where u have to suffer, or quit the game. I okay but i dont think ill be able to make it past A grade, given how the prices are going at the current rate of inflation.

but like i said the game in of itself aint bad, just the economy. Lineage2 has a bad case of farming disease. its rampant-aids pandemic level.

rha-el would be correct on NCSOFT major lack of management. they been the biggest factor of this game fouling up. despite the farming being so rampant. but hey NCSOFT dont care as long as they getting a buck.

OCCASIONAL BANS=PR CAMPAIGN TO LOOK LIKE THEY ACTUALLY DOING STUFF, or SEEM LIKE IT.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by Hatefull

this game still the bot riddled exploit fest it alwasy has been?
    Pretty much.
  • TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905
    Originally posted by Shijuki

Pretty much.

Welcome back to square one.... 
    Originally posted by Torak

Originally posted by Shijuki

Pretty much.

Welcome back to square one.... 

Sometimes Torak, It's better to scrap everything and start over again. BWAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.

Cryomatrix

• digibluezdigibluez Member Posts: 20
    yes it is still CRAP.

Peace
  • XilasXilas Member Posts: 30

Did some particularly intelligent individual just try to pass off D2 as hardcore? I'm sorry, how long did it take you to max out in D2? One day?

Originally posted by Xilas

Did some particularly intelligent individual just try to pass off D2 as hardcore? I'm sorry, how long did it take you to max out in D2? One day?

When I said D2 was hardcore, i meant that if you played in hardcore mode where if you die once your character is deleted. I used to play that and I'd go out Pking and dueling. Where if i screw up or i get owned all my work is lost. Therefore when dueling/pking in diablo, it is more hardcore than dueling in lineage2 due to the fact that there is much more to lose if you die.

Cryomatrix
  • marik_ishtarmarik_ishtar Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by Cryomatrix

Originally posted by Xilas

When I said D2 was hardcore, i meant that if you played in hardcore mode where if you die once your character is deleted. I used to play that and I'd go out Pking and dueling. Where if i screw up or i get owned all my work is lost. Therefore when dueling/pking in diablo, it is more hardcore than dueling in lineage2 due to the fact that there is much more to lose if you die.

Cryomatrix D2 for D2...This is a L2 topic so let's talk about it =P.

So bots are still here.. i wonder the same thing as the others ... which games doesn't have bots. why would you actualy bother with them.. just think they are NPCs and that's it.

About the crapynes L2 is a grinding mmo, but it still got alot of players. The thing is, L2 had the biggest Private server community ever, so noone knows how many players actualy played L2...

I actualy learn how to play MMOs trough L2 - been playing it for 2 years and i like it.

And what impresses me so much is also the class system- please tell me which game got more then 31 classes.

basicly noone.
    I like the L2 class system.

It's kind of interesting but there are a few problems with it. All classes are the same, you do have 31 classes, but you can only have 31 classes. Other games which allow you customization via choosing different skills will have less classes but more variety.

For example in WoW i know there were 3 skill trees per character, so that doubled the real number of classes you could have. Furthermore, some of the classes in lineage 2 are not that different in reality.

I hated the fact in L2 every character had the same skill set, wore the same armor, and did the same thing. Your comment about bots is short sighted. Because bots in L2 ruin your game play by preventing you access to the mobs and they further just jack up the price.

The game would have been great and very difficult if NCsoft eliminated the botting and tried to eliminate the ebaying. I got fed up with all the douchebags who ebayed/botted and yet regardless of how obviously they ebayed, still said they were legit . . . It was crap. The game has no meaning. You're in a cesspool of cutthroat a-holes who'll ebay and bot and never admit it.

The game is great, i loved it at first, but then i realized that the only reason i played was the challenge of affording top A grade legitimately a challenge that i guarantee more than 50% of everyone bypasses by ebaying. Once i afforded my gear, that was it, game over, no more reason to play the game because, in reality, it wasn't intrinsically fun to me. I got bored with the grind.

Lineage 2 has a lot of good things in it, it kept me longer than WoW, not that WoW was such a bad game, but i need a game that doesn't piss me off every time i play it. And L2 certainly pissed me off every time i played. 

I'm currently enjoying EVE at the moment, other than yesterday in which i lost both my ships and wasn't paying attention and paid 1000x the price on something bwhahahahaha.

Also, EVE's class system owns L2 because you can have unlimited classes, well there are no classes, so you can customize your character any way you bloody want and that is better than being stuck with the same skill set as everyone else.

Cryomatrix
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    #1 All MMOs have bots....Period

#2 Games like WoW, GW and most others have instanced zones where the bots do their farming. Does that make them not there? No it doesn't.

#3 Lineage II has absolutely NO INSTANCING which is the main reason why I play it but it does make the bots more visible in L2.

#4 If no other games have bots then why can I buy currency/items online for EVERY one of them from a multitude of Websites?

All you Lineage II hating trolls just got OWNED!!!! Muhahahahahahahaha!

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280
    Skill trees in WoW and eve give you the illusion that there are an infinite amount of classes that can be built.

Every game that has a custom build suffers from the same exact problem, no one utilizes it. Everyone converges onto a cookie cutter build because it is superior to others. Yes, you may have a few people that pick out unique skill sets, but in pvp oriented games, and a lesser extent pve games, they are gimp compared to mainstream builds.

At least in L2 although classes are similar there are noticeable differences between the dagger, mage, and archer classes.

ie

HE vs PR

The HE can survive a full archer crit while a PR won't, but that PR will dominate a siege field if left alone.
  • outthislifeoutthislife Member Posts: 115
    Originally posted by SantaClaws48

Skill trees in WoW and eve give you the illusion that there are an infinite amount of classes that can be built.

In WoW? Yes.

In EVE? No.

Try again.
  • euangelioneuangelion Member Posts: 109
    Originally posted by outthislife

Originally posted by SantaClaws48

In WoW? Yes.

In EVE? No.

Try again.

Umm...

It's actaully:

WoW? No.

EVE? Yes

EVE doesn't really have classes more so skills and attributes, so you can making whatever type of character you want. WoW you just buy skills that are in your class, so character differentiality is limited.

Tried: Vanguard, UO, Rappelz, Archlord, RF Online, SWG, WAR, Ryzom, Anarchy Online, AC, APB, STO, Perfect World, Black Prophecy...

Played: EQ,EQII, Lineage, Lineage 2, GW, EVE Online, AoC, DoAC, iRO, AC2, WoW, SWTOR, Runes of Magic, Allods, Rift..
    Currently Playing: Tera