Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Dev Profile: Funcom's Didrik Tollefsen

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Garrett Fuller had a chance to get to know Funcom's Didrik Tollefsen, the Art Director for Age of Conan.

MMORPG.com:

Tell us a little about your childhood. How did school and where you live influence your choice to join the video game community?

Didrik Tollefsen:

We grew up in a little village on the countryside, surrounded by beautiful, dense forest and wide acres. We loved to play in that forest. We spent a lot of time in there, finding new and magical spots. As we grew older we dared to venture further in to this endless jungle. In to the unknown. I still dream about those places and they can actually still help me in different creative processes during a game production. Later on our little innocent world was invaded by large, grey supercomputers... with 64K of easy-accessible RAM! All the kids in our street had one. So magic took a new form. "Press play on tape" became a big part of our everyday life. Homework had to wait, naturally.

Read the whole Developer Profile here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• roadwarriorsroadwarriors Member Posts: 218
    Kewl guy. He followed his dreams not his wallet. Great story and great interview. I will be buying this game because of this interview. thank you very much. (Elvis leaves the premise)
  • SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927

The Stargate?!?!?!

WTF???

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

haha, you sell it to em Didrik!

But  OCT 2k7 is a long time away. :(

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927
    Am I loosing my mind or is there a stargate question in there?

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

• PaksPaks Member Posts: 263
    [quote]
    MMORPG.com:

The Stargate universe offers many planets for viewers to enjoy. How many of these planets can we expect to see in the game? Will the stargate itself be the only form of transportation between worlds?[/quote]

What is this?  Your editor spazzing or what?

• exzireexzire Member Posts: 7
    Stargate is still there ;) Great dev profile either way tho.

The Stargate universe offers many planets for viewers to enjoy. How many of these planets can we expect to see in the game? Will the stargate itself be the only form of transportation between worlds?
  • LeifisLeifis Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Sturmrabe

Am I loosing my mind or is there a stargate question in there?
    Yea, that totally threw me off.  I wasn't wearing my glasses either, so I had to keep squinting and go back tot eh top to make sure this was really Conan (I have both SG Worlds and AoC in my email alert too, so that didn't help, lol)
  • AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Indeed it seems that one slipped by our editor.  All fixed up!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.