Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grindig for equipment...

I stopped playing like 2 months ago.

It came up to me that the only thing i did was to grind for better eq, everything you can do is grind for better eq, which seems quite pointless to me.

It just feels lame that you cant do anything else, I dont think that is fun really.

I dont know about you but really, do you enjoy this?

Starwars Galaxies, An Empier Diveded, That's what it says on my box anyway.

Comments

• retrospecticretrospectic Member UncommonPosts: 1,466
    Originally posted by Trubaduren

It came up to me that the only thing i did was to grind for better eq, everything you can do is grind for better eq, which seems quite pointless to me.
    It just feels lame that you cant do anything else, I dont think that is fun really.

I know this is a troll, but I'll respond.  WoW, like many other MMORPGs, offers a distinct itemization that helps sustain players without releasing new content every few weeks.  Would you prefer perhaps, a more FPS feel to the game?  I mean, would you rather fight other players on an equal platform in multiple areas?  This type of game is different fundamentally, and therefore not something you'll find in WoW.  If you'd like something like that, I have heard GuildWars offers PvP only characters who start out pre-leveled for you.  Other than that, I can't help you.

Personally, I enjoy questing/grinding.  It is fun, for me at least, to level, find item, make new items, and buy new stuff.  Perhaps that is a "fun factor" that you don't find fun.
  • BattlecatBattlecat Member Posts: 84

If you only play to get better eq, sure go ahead and quit.

People are having a good time doing PvP, instances and raiding, while not mainly focusing on item upgrades. With my ele shaman I did hardcore PvP a long time even if there was nothing even at high warlord that was better than my current gear, did it just for fun.
  • csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

one of the reasons why i prefer playing eq1 over wow, you basically do the same thing, but eq1 it has more items out there (because its an older game) and the raiding was more fun for me than when i raided in wow...eq1 has good storyline to it....i enjoyed going through PoP progression one of the best they made...
  • DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    nope I hate the fact that gear shall be a key feature to success. I wanna feel true skills but hours played as the highest priority.

I seek a game that has Roleplaying elements that can keep you playing forever even at "end-game".

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• keolienkeolien Member Posts: 198

Um, we are talking about WoW right? I never once grinded for my gear and I had 3 lvl 60's... Maybe I missed something or didn't know about mobs dropping random loot? Or maybe i even miscalculate what you are talking about. But to get gear in WoW, I always ran Dungeons or Instances, Even did my TIer 1.5 quest when i was bored. BUT if you were to play WoW again from not having played in 2months, You will notice tons of changes, they seem to make Pvp little more vaulable to people. Plus the new expansion coming out.. I enjoy some grinding sure, but thats not what WoW is about......

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by keolien

Um, we are talking about WoW right? I never once grinded for my gear and I had 3 lvl 60's... Maybe I missed something or didn't know about mobs dropping random loot? Or maybe i even miscalculate what you are talking about. But to get gear in WoW, I always ran Dungeons or Instances, Even did my TIer 1.5 quest when i was bored. BUT if you were to play WoW again from not having played in 2months, You will notice tons of changes, they seem to make Pvp little more vaulable to people. Plus the new expansion coming out.. I enjoy some grinding sure, but thats not what WoW is about......

Mmmm.... the main objective the game is pointing towards is... gues what, to get better items.

That's what about everything in the WoW world is about. Every dungeon is about special items in the end.

WoW is not about grinding (at least not when you're done with it), it's about farming.

There are no real end-game features but getting better EQ or doing PvP which - if you look at it from a greater perspective - is pointless.

You might Roleplay, but with so few RP'ing features it's not really something fun anyway. It's 98% about combat anyway.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "