Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrono Trigger

ZepeeZepee Member Posts: 947
I got to say... This game ROCKS!..

I was at a friends house and I saw he had a SNES.... started seing his games and I saw Chrono there...  having never played it, loving RPGs and playing nothing currently I decided to take a look.... Big mistake,  being that I'm starting with my 2nd term tests this week... I would never have thought I could egt so hooked by a 10+ year old game..... Brings a new meaning to the "graphics don't matter" issue...

I now know that if I died without playing it I wouldn't have taken the max out of life...

For those who never played it, PLAY IT!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Played- Runescape, Conquer
Tested- EQ, RYL, Freeworld

Comments

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    I was about maybe 7 years old when I first played Chrono Trigger. I rented it, and back in the day game rentals was 3 days. I didn't understand a thing. My dad said he used to watch the cartoon when he was a kid. I wonder what he was talkin about though. Dragon Ball maybe? Could have been, becuase the artist from that also did the art from the Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z series. Well my memories of that game was contiuning someones save and hoping on this huge time vechicle to go in a cave to fight this boss. I hear back then the game was pretty reveloutionary back then. I didn't read mags back the, I just when by what I liked...on the art.

It was my first RPG and even though I loved it, I didn't understand what I was doing. I need to pick up the PSX version. Final Fantasy Chronicals. They got the anime scenes on there and stuff and the game Chrono Trigger. I always happen to run into that game when I go into a GameStop or EB Games yet I never buy it becuase they have it at over 20 bucks and under 30. I'm glad you got to experience it and to show you that graphics is nothing but icing on the cake, but it's the gameplay that will make the graphics attractive. Did you know back then the graphics in that game were pretty good. Believe it or not.

I know a friend that has Chrono Cross for PSX, but I never played it. Hey you must have herd of Blue Dragon then? It's comeing out for X360 and it's by the creators of Chrono Trigger and it's the top X360 game in Japan atm. People buy X360s for that 3 disc game there.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• sheeshsheesh Member Posts: 330
     I agree, that game is just a classic!
  • BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    The soundtrack to this game is awesome, and also Chrono Cross.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    The game is a classic, but the sequal, Chrono Cross, is even better Imo.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/chronocross/review.html?q=Chrono Cross

Its not easy to get a perfect 10 from Gamespot.
  • euangelioneuangelion Member Posts: 109
    It is quite amazing, I still play it on an emulator once and a while ^_^

Tried: Vanguard, UO, Rappelz, Archlord, RF Online, SWG, WAR, Ryzom, Anarchy Online, AC, APB, STO, Perfect World, Black Prophecy...

Played: EQ,EQII, Lineage, Lineage 2, GW, EVE Online, AoC, DoAC, iRO, AC2, WoW, SWTOR, Runes of Magic, Allods, Rift..
    Currently Playing: Tera

• dhartzdhartz Member Posts: 482
    I hope blue dragon will be as half as good as those

• ZepeeZepee Member Posts: 947
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Uh... back in 1998-2000 or something Gamespot gave a few 10s... the only ones they ever gave for that matter, I'm sure they were less picky during that time.... Zelda:OoT, Goldeneye(9.8 I think), Chrono Cross, Some sports game I forgot....

Yea, I already read about blue dragon and Chrono Cross.... too bad I know no1 with either a Dreamcast/X360.... Here in Portugal all most people care about is PS... n00bs!

Btw, I'm playing the whole game, It's completly amazing! Ijust got the Mazamune (or however you spell it) to frog and found out he was Cyrus helper!... Just found it odd that people still think Cyrus is alive... Why hasn't Frog told the truth?.. no matter, I'll keep playing and I'll eventually find out!

Of to bed now... tomorrow there's more before and after studying

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Played- Runescape, Conquer
    Tested- EQ, RYL, Freeworld

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Originally posted by Zepee

Yea, I already read about blue dragon and Chrono Cross.... too bad I know no1 with either a Dreamcast/X360.... Here in Portugal all most people care about is PS... n00bs!

Chrono Cross is for PSX (Playstaion) ya know... You can have a PS2 and play it.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

Originally posted by Zepee

Chrono Cross is for PSX (Playstaion) ya know... You can have a PS2 and play it. He probably can't. Portugal is part of the PAL region if I'm not mistaken, just like the rest of Europe. Chrono Cross was never released in Europe (We have a tradition to keep up, all legendary RPG's are not for Europe). Because of that, Chrono Cross only works on an NTSC Playstation, or one that has been chipped. I had to put a chip in my playstation and import the game from the US. Chrono Trigger wasn't released in Europe either, not even the final fantasy remake that included chrono trigger in the US didn't include CT in Europe.