Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Game Worth Buying?

VixFirthVixFirth Member Posts: 48

Is this game worth buying and if so wehre is it at i rode my bike all around town looking for it!

-Vix

Cant wait for WoW to come out!

-Vix

-FOR THE HORDE!

Comments

• MalltrakMalltrak Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I think it is Worth it Its pretty fun, Nd you can Buy it online & Down Load it if you cant find it any where Just go to the Main web site www.anarcheyonline.com

• Virtual98741Virtual98741 Member Posts: 24
    I played beta and i just loved the game!i mean like really loved this game u should try it with 3d glasses<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<awsume!!!!!!

• MaxxxMaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 389

loved beta... that was like 3 years ago lol

• Kuja090Kuja090 Member Posts: 33

This game is worth more than the cost, you will love Anarchy Online.

Gamers.

Gamers.

• RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

Originally posted by Kuja090

This game is worth more than the cost, you will love Anarchy Online.Gamers.

I am seriously considering AO after reading the various player reviews. Despite the fact that it's 3 years old, it sounds like a very solid, enjoyable MMOG. Also, I wouldn't mind a MMOG where PvE and PvP are both present. Of course, unless I am a hardcore player (I'm not), then PvP won't be practical for a very long time.

At present, I'm ambivalent about EQII. I don't wish to play the game simply due to nostalgia for EQ - I want the product to stand on it's own legs.

My only concern with AO, is that the recent SL expansion looks like it has deeply divided the AO community. In fact, from a game that prided itself on doing something different from ye old grind, I cannot understand - if player reviews are correct - why an expansion pack has been released that is nothing but camp x mob, grind, etc etc.

Mind you, even for 6 months or so (maybe longer?), AO looks like it has a lot to offer.

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"she's like this cleavagey, slut-bomb walking around going 'oh, check me out. i'm wicked cool. i'm five by five'."

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

• AzzazzimonAzzazzimon Member UncommonPosts: 211

Originally posted by Riotgirl

Originally posted by Kuja090

This game is worth more than the cost, you will love Anarchy Online.

Gamers.

I am seriously considering AO after reading the various player reviews. Despite the fact that it's 3 years old, it sounds like a very solid, enjoyable MMOG. Also, I wouldn't mind a MMOG where PvE and PvP are both present. Of course, unless I am a hardcore player (I'm not), then PvP won't be practical for a very long time.

At present, I'm ambivalent about EQII. I don't wish to play the game simply due to nostalgia for EQ - I want the product to stand on it's own legs.

My only concern with AO, is that the recent SL expansion looks like it has deeply divided the AO community. In fact, from a game that prided itself on doing something different from ye old grind, I cannot understand - if player reviews are correct - why an expansion pack has been released that is nothing but camp x mob, grind, etc etc.

Mind you, even for 6 months or so (maybe longer?), AO looks like it has a lot to offer.

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"she's like this cleavagey, slut-bomb walking around going 'oh, check me out. i'm wicked cool. i'm five by five'."

If you start playing AO now you will have a fun time for several months until you get high lvl(200+)

You can lvl up to 200 with very little camping and FC have made it easier to access all zones except last one in Shadowlands.

As a new player you won't be able to be any useful in PvP for a long time because of all twinks that are PvPing at low lvl.

As a MMOG you plan to play until WoW/EQ2 comes up then I think AO can be good, it's only at high lvl it's mad camping and no content.

Azzazzimon

-------------------------
    Azzazzimon

• vickykolvickykol Member UncommonPosts: 106
    Just an FYI for anyone interested...they have a 7 day free trial download.  Just go ahead and try for a few days.
  • starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

There was a time when the answer would have been an emphatic YES. Im afraid the game has been pretty much abandoned though. Funcom is long overdue to come out with a sequel to this once amazing title but alas they just keep putting out expansions instead. The graphics are now sub par by todays standards and there have been many advances in game structure and zoning that AO just hasnt got the tech ability to implement.

I hate to say it but im afraid this one is down for the count.

"we're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs....drink up me hearties yo ho"

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• syrocosyroco Member Posts: 110
    Yes, it is worth buying.

• ElviellaElviella Member Posts: 6

no way AO whill be fun at any lvl and the big a moond of profections will keep you bizzy

for a long time

in fact the only tip a can give you

keep eating and keep a life out site the game beacus its realy realy addictif

and you can take my wort on it am playing for 4 years now

and gat many car's in the game

Elviella

lvl 200 doc in AO