Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jaded gamers

Comments

• Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586

I'll provide a few title even with an insider analysis and at the end, you're still going to piss vinegar.

Don't count on it...

Long list of games from the last 10+ years (you implied Myst1 so that's about right)

<yawn> So you've had some pretty bad experiences in the biz. Doesn't change the fact that you came here with the intention of insulting and alienating everyone on this board to get attention.

But maybe you are capable of good things in life and admit your mistake.

What mistake? You came here declaring yourself "God of Gaming" and I asked for some credentials. No mistake there. And you still haven't made any meaningful rebuttals to my previous counterpoints.

I notice that the only MMORPG on that list is Shadowbane. Your gaming background also points to having a stronger interest in multiplayer RTS and FPS games. I'd say that the problem isn't the games; it's you.

I used to have a pretty glum look on the future of gaming as well. I never bullshitted myself into believing that games are "Art." A social activity? Yes. An intellectual exercise? Absolutely. A profound statement about the nature of the human condition? Ah... no....

Anyway, I've noticed that there's a lot of great stuff happening in the independent and freeware scenes. There's also retro gaming since there are a lot of games that I missed, or didn't complete when they first came out. If you're not happy with mainstream games, look for something that's not mainstream.

P.S. God willing, the developers of Determinance will begin work on porting it to the Wii after the game goes gold. With both the Xbox 360 and Wii providing direct download games by independent developers, the stage is set for gaming to get a major face lift (or rearranging)

• airheadairhead Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by Xyang

2. That's really funny. As if posted picture of myself or anything like that would make any difference?? By me showing papers to you, along with every proof in the world that i've been in the credit of some major games, would really change your opinion about what i'm saying?? If that's the case, well i don't have the word in english to describe it but that's beyond pathetic. Cause the argument would remain the same, but "just" because it would have a corporate stamp beside it, you would "suddendly" consider what i'm saying for a valid argument instead of hot air?  No thanks. Sorry but this would be a never ending game, because no matter how many proof i post here, there will always be some idiot to claim that he "knows" it's not me anyway. You clearly don't know how popular people like myself has to deal with wannabes like Johnny Cait Sith who "thinks" they have 10% of my knowledge or gaming culture and even talents. Sorry to disapoint you Johnny nothing, but it only takes one dude like me to keep 10 people at the bottom of human creation like you at bay. I must say that you are very good at copy pasting others flaming argument, but your junior stuff is the only hot air in this thread, and it has bad breath.
    3. I guess you missed a few of my post. I'm definitely not an employee anymore and working for myself, with a small team (around 20 people) that see the gaming industry as i do. Clearly, i'm putting alot of my money in the project as well, because i have to keep small projects running in order to give the necessary milk to the big one. So far, there hasn't been a single dime that didn't come from myself or my teams pocket. There was a few investors, (it's not that hard to find with a game such as ours) but they we're either asking us to prostitute our work, or to rush the project into impossible delay. We're all cool with that by the way, which makes us way above the rest of the little and big company who sold out the first chance they had to.

Finally, i don't think money is the only power in this world. This is of course the main opinion of the people who are trying to refute my argument constantly. I believe that we'll conceive, to make in hell of this industry for us a heaven. A brave new world, a promise land, a fortitude of hearts and minds. Until i see this gaming world ours, i'll turn the darkness into light and i'll guide the blind. A man who wants to move a mountain, begins by carrying away small stones... And that's exactly what i'm doing here, every time i come to fight against the lies of corporate that a lot of you people have been brain washed with over the years.
    Regards.
    2. hehe. The picture comment was ALLEGORICAL. It's an allusion to what happens when guys start argueing about who is the biggest... "post a picture to prove it". The point is, if you are going make a point and say "well, X is true because i'm a game designer and I'm a big deal"... they YOU have made what you are have some kind of meaning in the arguement... like it's evidence or adds weight to the arguement. If you do that, then you got to back that up with proof that you really are a big deal. However, IF you just make your point and try to convince someone with reasonable arguements, then what you are is irrelevant and hence can remain private.

Now as for me personally, I do not think X or Y because so-and-so has some experience... so even if you proved you were a big deal in game design to me, I may or may not accept what you say. There are many game designers I disagree with... famous ones for that matter. YOU are the one who started the whole "I'm a big deal, everyone else is retarded" form of arguement. I just asked for some proof.... (still waiting).

3. Glad to hear you are on your own... (I tried to read all posts; must have missed that statement?). So you are developing a game with 20 other people, I guess you are the main guy? Are you putting up all the money to develop it? How do these 20 other people live without funding? Do you guys like all work together in the same general area or place? Can I read about it on a webpage? How does everyone pay their bills? Only the independantly wealthy can participate? Or is there some stockpile of funds available for development? OR is there some kind of social program in Canada where programmers can get basic services (food, shelter, medicine) from the government while they develop game software?

The whole thing sounds preposterous to me... dreamy, other-worldy, almost cultish. I'm beginning to think you normally don't talk like this; and this whole thread is just one big joke... to get people to argue... is that the case? This is a big joke isn't it? Do i win a prize for being the first to figure it out?

EDIT: oh yea... who the hell is Johnny Cait Sith? Wasn't Cait Sith a character from an old Final Fantasy game? (Finally, please don't cast some kind of evil spell on me or anything... i'm just a software developer guy; not some evil psionicist or anything like that....)
  • XyangXyang Member Posts: 216
    Originally posted by airhead

3. Glad to hear you are on your own... (I tried to read all posts; must have missed that statement?). So you are developing a game with 20 other people, I guess you are the main guy? Are you putting up all the money to develop it? How do these 20 other people live without funding? Do you guys like all work together in the same general area or place? Can I read about it on a webpage? How does everyone pay their bills? Only the independantly wealthy can participate? Or is there some stockpile of funds available for development? OR is there some kind of social program in Canada where programmers can get basic services (food, shelter, medicine) from the government while they develop game software?

The whole thing sounds preposterous to me... dreamy, other-worldy, almost cultish. I'm beginning to think you normally don't talk like this; and this whole thread is just one big joke... to get people to argue... is that the case? This is a big joke isn't it? Do i win a prize for being the first to figure it out?

EDIT: oh yea... who the hell is Johnny Cait Sith? Wasn't Cait Sith a character from an old Final Fantasy game? (Finally, please don't cast some kind of evil spell on me or anything... i'm just a software developer guy; not some evil psionicist or anything like that....)

3. Every people are working part time with us indeed and yes, i'm the lead developer as well. They need to keep their main job because the funds provided only covers for the basic expense and software/hardware when needed. We do have a private development website, which is no interest to make it public just now. There will be a public forum and website in due time, but it's still way too early right now. As for our location, i have enough room in my house to have 8 computers working simultaneously. But half of the crew is working from their home and we meet once or twice a week to coordinate our efforts. That's why we all need to be located in montreal, because by experience, working with people everywhere in the world is a nightmare.

As far as this thread being a joke... Well, you are certainly more intelligent then most people here for taking what is being said in perspective. It's surely not the way i'm adressing to people normally. But i wanted to tried this for a long time now: I figured, since the industry doesn't respect their gamers by taking their money for half-assed and poorly designed product, i should be able to talk to people the same way they threat their customer base and still get a round of applause for it right? Not to my surprise, people react better when they're getting ripped off of their money, which is much worst then me insulting and/or laughing at them at first place. But they don't want to feel stupid, so they act like they actually love and appraise the product they bought... Admitting that it sucks, would just be admiting that they're stupid customers, which they are.

Johnny Dangerously over here thinks that i'm stupid to defend the gaming world like i do... Well once again, i have to spit on his comment and fart in his face: Listen jack ass, i defend "everything" i believe in my life. This is not limited to games of course, but to everything else that i do. I care for a "shit load" of stuff and i'm contributing my fair share to help a lot of people around me. Especially children who can't get a breakfast every morning because their family is too poor to afford it. So stop being a punk and get a clue: It is not because i'm intense in everything i do in life that this energy is not well spend.

If you would only be half-conscious to realise that when they play games, people are more open "to learn" then in any situation in real life. Their brain is like a "sponge", so i'm using that opportunity to use games to make them better people and teach them lessons and concepts they will be able to USE in their real life and have a good influence for their surroundings. GET IT NOW???

I'm just the loud voice of your sub-conscience. The voice that is screaming in your head, but that you want to shup up at any price because your ego can't take it. So although this thread is not a joke by any means, it is still a role playing game that i love to enter as your benevolent game master who creates each new adventures for your own pleasure and life enlightment.  

What deserves to be done, deserves to be "well" done...

• airheadairhead Member UncommonPosts: 718

3. Every people are working part time with us indeed and yes, i'm the lead developer as well. They need to keep their main job because the funds provided only covers for the basic expense and software/hardware when needed. We do have a private development website, which is no interest to make it public just now. There will be a public forum and website in due time, but it's still way too early right now. As for our location, i have enough room in my house to have 8 computers working simultaneously. But half of the crew is working from their home and we meet once or twice a week to coordinate our efforts. That's why we all need to be located in montreal, because by experience, working with people everywhere in the world is a nightmare.

As far as this thread being a joke... Well, you are certainly more intelligent then most people here for taking what is being said in perspective. It's surely not the way i'm adressing to people normally. But i wanted to tried this for a long time now: I figured, since the industry doesn't respect their gamers by taking their money for half-assed and poorly designed product, i should be able to talk to people the same way they threat their customer base and still get a round of applause for it right? Not to my surprise, people react better when they're getting ripped off of their money, which is much worst then me insulting and/or laughing at them at first place. But they don't want to feel stupid, so they act like they actually love and appraise the product they bought... Admitting that it sucks, would just be admiting that they're stupid customers, which they are.

Johnny Dangerously over here thinks that i'm stupid to defend the gaming world like i do... Well once again, i have to spit on his comment and fart in his face: Listen jack ass, i defend "everything" i believe in my life. This is not limited to games of course, but to everything else that i do. I care for a "shit load" of stuff and i'm contributing my fair share to help a lot of people around me. Especially children who can't get a breakfast every morning because their family is too poor to afford it. So stop being a punk and get a clue: It is not because i'm intense in everything i do in life that this energy is not well spend.

If you would only be half-conscious to realise that when they play games, people are more open "to learn" then in any situation in real life. Their brain is like a "sponge", so i'm using that opportunity to use games to make them better people and teach them lessons and concepts they will be able to USE in their real life and have a good influence for their surroundings. GET IT NOW???

I'm just the loud voice of your sub-conscience. The voice that is screaming in your head, but that you want to shup up at any price because your ego can't take it. So although this thread is not a joke by any means, it is still a role playing game that i love to enter as your benevolent game master who creates each new adventures for your own pleasure and life enlightment.  

k. I get it now.... Johnny Dangerously / Johnny Cait Sith doesn't really exist; you are trashing to illustrate how game companies are doing that to customers by releasing inferior products. You are role-playing a prophet! It's like Ezekiel in the Old Testament covering himself with donkey crap to make a point.  Or Jeremiah walking around in his underwear and an ox yoke around his neck to illustrate the coming bondage of his people.

Just two points I would make then...

1. Not everyone views games as such a big deal... and that's ok. And it's ok that you view it as a super big deal, and do whatever you can to make it better. But these people who think games are not a big deal, aren't they going to be your customers? I mean, at some point, the creators of entertainment have to realize that what they produce is just that to others... entertainment... which to them, is not that big of a deal. To be a creator of entertainment, don't you have to accept that fact, but find enjoyment and praise from your peers and not really worry about how customers will consider how hard you worked at it?

2. Don't over generalize people in forums. There are over half a million registered users here. Sure, there will be kids and jerks, but there also might be some independently wealthy venture capitalist that would invest in your game... if only you hadn't called him an asshole or a jerk.

Anonymity breeds contempt. The internet hides our identities, so people can easily talk to each other worse than they would face to face... But the flip side of that is that it also hides the gold. How do you know user X is not the one connection that propels you stardom? That puts the money behind your energy to let you realize your goals?

(I will detract from your thread no longer then.... later)
  • enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464

Haha, game tester all pissed off. Lemme guess,  you were a temporary tester too, probably didn't get picked up full time because no one liked you. I would never recommend working for EA, they don't care about their employees. You aren't shedding any new light on the crap that they pump out every year. I dunno about your Ubi claims, but then again if you were a tester of course you are going to see the crap end of the stick.

Why?

Because everyone wants your job. If you aren't programming, producing, or in PR/Marketing you are a nobody.

I'm that jaded gamer too, minus the elitist crap you are spewing, cause you "were in the industry".

Been in the industry myself for a very, very long time.

Current Games:

Originally posted by enzyme

Haha, game tester all pissed off. Lemme guess,  you were a temporary tester too, probably didn't get picked up full time because no one liked you. I would never recommend working for EA, they don't care about their employees. You aren't shedding any new light on the crap that they pump out every year. I dunno about your Ubi claims, but then again if you were a tester of course you are going to see the crap end of the stick.
    Why?
    Because everyone wants your job. If you aren't programming, producing, or in PR/Marketing you are a nobody.
    I'm that jaded gamer too, minus the elitist crap you are spewing, cause you "were in the industry".
    Been in the industry myself for a very, very long time.

And as tester obviously... So now you think that only a "testers" could rebel against the industry?  Reality check pal: There's a LOT of people working at the production who aren't sold out ass holes who please and bathe themselves in mediocrity. It just so happens that it's also those who leaves junk food game making companies after a few years... So only the morons remains. (That's prolly the sadest part) We all have different limits and life reality. If i would have 3 kids to feed, i probably would still be a slave. I understand that. But for those who have the choice, there's no excuses.

Anyway, your point was? Ah yeah... Only testers have the virtue of knowing what's good or not in our beloved industry... I heard that one so often that this kind of comment was long timed shewed, and digested.

k. I get it now.... Johnny Dangerously / Johnny Cait Sith doesn't really exist; you are trashing to illustrate how game companies are doing that to customers by releasing inferior products. You are role-playing a prophet! It's like Ezekiel in the Old Testament covering himself with donkey crap to make a point.  Or Jeremiah walking around in his underwear and an ox yoke around his neck to illustrate the coming bondage of his people.
    LOL ok, i'm really starting to like you now, that's dangerous

Just two points I would make then...

1. Not everyone views games as such a big deal... and that's ok. And it's ok that you view it as a super big deal, and do whatever you can to make it better. But these people who think games are not a big deal, aren't they going to be your customers? I mean, at some point, the creators of entertainment have to realize that what they produce is just that to others... entertainment... which to them, is not that big of a deal. To be a creator of entertainment, don't you have to accept that fact, but find enjoyment and praise from your peers and not really worry about how customers will consider how hard you worked at it?
    You are 100% right. I'm just not to that stage of evolution yet

2. Don't over generalize people in forums. There are over half a million registered users here. Sure, there will be kids and jerks, but there also might be some independently wealthy venture capitalist that would invest in your game... if only you hadn't called him an asshole or a jerk.
    That i beg to differ though. Because first: Someone who don't see eye to eye with me, wouldn't invest at first place. So if he sees eye to eye, that means i prolly didn't called him a jerk either

Anonymity breeds contempt. The internet hides our identities, so people can easily talk to each other worse than they would face to face... But the flip side of that is that it also hides the gold. How do you know user X is not the one connection that propels you stardom? That puts the money behind your energy to let you realize your goals?
    Once again, i do realise all of this. But it's part of my mentality to not lick anyones ass "just" to reach my goal. If someone is going to invest, he won't have anything to say about the game. He either sign for what it's going to be or get lost. My way or the highway. It's the only way to make great games btw
    (I will detract from your thread no longer then.... later)
    So long!

• CptDogtoffeeCptDogtoffee Member Posts: 17

lol... so the Canadians have banded together against the US and UK?

After following this little thread, I think I might change my signature to something like: "my post is best"

And seriously, in this thread, my post is the best one!  lol

Seems like Xyang ignored me and didn't reply... so let me summarize and restate:

1. MMOs today suck. agreed.

2. Xyang, if you are going to appeal to yourself as an authority in a debate, then you got to back it up and post info about yourself. If you don't want to prove you are a big deal in a public forum, that's fine... but you can't really appeal to it as an arguement point without proving it. So if you are a big deal, post some pictures! OR just argue the content. But without some proof, my default / initial position is that you clean toilets or something... If you want your position/history to mean something in an arguement, then you prove it. (I'm not being mean in saying that... still listening / waiting for the reply)

3. Put your money where your mouth is. IF someone else is paying for you to develop your ideas, then you are not taking any risks. In other words, if you are still an employee, then you are not taking risks... someone else is. Perhaps that is the source of your discontent? Discontent is actually a good thing. Let it motivate you to take risks and move towards being the boss/owner yourself. That's cool.

The only real judge is the market and your wealth or lack thereof. Being super-smart, (even IF you are), is irrelevant. The only thing that really matters is money. IF your ideas are so good, and you got some balls to go with it, then you will leave your enslaved employee position (if you are still an employee), get some money behind your ideas, develop it, and rule the world. All talk 'in a forum' is really irrelevant and meaningless....

Hey Airhead. Sorry if i didn't answer the other post directly, but i thought all my post combine had already answered it. Since you came back for more, well i'll give you more.

1. Ok, your eyes are open. Good start.

2. That's really funny. As if posted picture of myself or anything like that would make any difference?? By me showing papers to you, along with every proof in the world that i've been in the credit of some major games, would really change your opinion about what i'm saying?? If that's the case, well i don't have the word in english to describe it but that's beyond pathetic. Cause the argument would remain the same, but "just" because it would have a corporate stamp beside it, you would "suddendly" consider what i'm saying for a valid argument instead of hot air?  No thanks. Sorry but this would be a never ending game, because no matter how many proof i post here, there will always be some idiot to claim that he "knows" it's not me anyway. You clearly don't know how popular people like myself has to deal with wannabes like Johnny Cait Sith who "thinks" they have 10% of my knowledge or gaming culture and even talents. Sorry to disapoint you Johnny nothing, but it only takes one dude like me to keep 10 people at the bottom of human creation like you at bay. I must say that you are very good at copy pasting others flaming argument, but your junior stuff is the only hot air in this thread, and it has bad breath.

3. I guess you missed a few of my post. I'm definitely not an employee anymore and working for myself, with a small team (around 20 people) that see the gaming industry as i do. Clearly, i'm putting alot of my money in the project as well, because i have to keep small projects running in order to give the necessary milk to the big one. So far, there hasn't been a single dime that didn't come from myself or my teams pocket. There was a few investors, (it's not that hard to find with a game such as ours) but they we're either asking us to prostitute our work, or to rush the project into impossible delay. We're all cool with that by the way, which makes us way above the rest of the little and big company who sold out the first chance they had to.

Finally, i don't think money is the only power in this world. This is of course the main opinion of the people who are trying to refute my argument constantly. I believe that we'll conceive, to make in hell of this industry for us a heaven. A brave new world, a promise land, a fortitude of hearts and minds. Until i see this gaming world ours, i'll turn the darkness into light and i'll guide the blind. A man who wants to move a mountain, begins by carrying away small stones... And that's exactly what i'm doing here, every time i come to fight against the lies of corporate that a lot of you people have been brain washed with over the years.

Regards.

HAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAA !

Your last paragraph is pure comedic genius (or at least I hope you did it intentionally to be amusing).

You should write jingles for Coca-Cola Ads because that's right up there with "I'd like to teach the world to sing!"

Let me get this straight, you read up on every shitty platitude & adage you could get your grubby little hands on, whacked them higgledy piggledy into a post , usually out of context, in the hope that you'll sound like the messiah of MMORPG.

Guess what ? You failed.

Please, post more - we like the moving mountains bit & leading the blind was good. Perhaps you could pop something about burning bushes in there or walking on water.

Hell, go for broke. Just put that God made you post and that you are designing an MMORPG which is in fact an entry exam to qualify to go into Heaven.

Everyone already thinks you are as nutty as a sackful of badgers - we now wanna sit back & enjoy the show when you really go off the deep end.

Popcorn anyone ?

lol ok well, i'm afraid my repertory is running short to entertain people like you. You sick-a-fentic suck ups are draining "everything" in their path and nothing will ever satisfy your desire for troubles or never ending story/argumentation. So keep watching and enjoy!

It will probably sound crazy to you but i'm not religious, and don't even believe in god. In fact, i believe that i don't need someone else to tell me how to think. I don't need a bible to tell me that killing the guy next to me ain't the right thing to do. Just like i don't need corporation to tell me what i should buy and what i should like... So my attitude, conviction or crazyness (if you please yourself to call me crazy) are pure and nothing was forced into my mind

Sorry but i really don't know what to add to your comment, beside: Get your pop corn, and i'll suplly the butter

• gothokaosgothokaos Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Does anyone else hear the "Real Men of Genius" song playing in their head when reading Xyang's posts?

I salute you! Mr. "I'll die for good video games maker"

thefuntimesguide.com/2004/10/bud_light_real.php
    Originally posted by gothokaos

Does anyone else hear the "Real Men of Genius" song playing in their head when reading Xyang's posts?

Hopefully, we will finish our game without you having to die for us, and before you die out of boredom

• Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586
    With your original post, I almost died of laughter...... almost

I didn't have to jump into this one until you wrote that "essay" <snicker>.

but anyway....

Fair enough. I think the thread is slowly dying anyway. I feel everything has been covered in regard of this topic as well.

• ShastraShastra Member Posts: 1,061

Xyang, you can actually get your points across without the little barbs. It's a unique concept; perhaps you ought to try it sometime. It has the beneficial side effect of getting people to perhaps listen to you, rather than closing the door in your face.

Try to be nice next time ok? more people will listen to you then. For tips read Ramzeppelin's thread.

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303

I think what ruined it for me was when my favorite franchises were taken out back and shot.

My favorite games are all shooters. Around 2001, I was playing what I considered to be the best shooters I had ever gotten my hands on. For single player, that was Deus Ex. For multiplayer, it was Tribes and Tribes 2. Tribes 2 had a very buggy release, but before the developers could patch it properly, Sierra got acquired by Vivendi, who promptly pulled Dynamix off the project.

I was overjoyed, though, when I later heard about sequels to those two games. Of course, anybody who has actually played Invisible War or Tribes: Vengeance knows how this sad story ends.

• cain1983cain1983 Member Posts: 34
    while i do have my douts of the OP's statement of working with those companys i  do agree with what he says
    Originally posted by cain1983

while i do have my douts of the OP's statement of working with those companys i  do agree with what he says

That's all that matters.

At the end, no matter what i say, you would only believe me "maybe" if i took you by the hand, and run you through the Peck Buildings on St-Laurent. Clearly too much trouble for me for such irrelevant proof that won't change a thing about this debate anyway.

Doubts are like ass holes: Every body has it, and it stinks.

Originally posted by gothokaos

You might like the style of another genius posting. Care bear "ish", but basically saying all i've said during this thread.

Worth reading anyway, so check this one out!  http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/112949

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

I totally agree that the MMO genre as whole is in a current state of stasis. One after another cookie-cutter MMO flood the market, and it seems as though the market is saturated. Amidst the crowd, once in while a great MMO is released and is quickly doomed, due to the sea of titles out there, consuming what playerbase they could have had, by a multitude of American/European Everquest clones, and gobs of Asian grind-fests. A lot of MMOs in the past, that have showcased unique ideas, (Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, etc.) have not done so well historically, and this perplexes me. It is also the reason why most MMO developers/publishers shy away from taking too radical an approach to their game designs. We, the consumers, are to blame for this in my honest opinion, because if MMO developers thought that we wouldn't pay for another EQ knockoff, or Asian Grind-clone, they wouldn't keep pushing them out. It is our duty, in my belief, to make a stand and show the big-wigs what we want with our wallets. It's the only language they understand. So instead of going out to pre-order/purchase that next similar game we've all played before a hundred times over, wait for a game that truly attempts to break the mold, and reward that developer/publisher with your hard earned dough. No matter how much we bitch in forums, the executive wheel keeps turning, and the execs stay paid. The only way to change anything is with our checkbooks, yes it is sad, but it is also very true. Here's to progress, cheers!

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

lol thank you
    Obviously, my post was a nice filter for a lot of loosers who won't find anything to contradict me here... No replies mean that nothing more can be add because of a strong argument. Although i'm pretty sure some troll will find a way to make a fool of himself somehow... But those with a big ego will always avoid strong thread that can't be beat up with stupid argumentation. Which i admit, is a very good thing 

This guy is to full of himself to arrogant calling others stupid or trolls or whatever.

Your the one with a big ego its real pathetic how you react,ive seen more replys of you bah:(

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697
    Originally posted by bongo123

He's pissed off cause the last coupla games he had a hand in tanked, and played worse than barbies playtime funhouse or somit. So they sacked his useless ass and hes now on welfare back living with mommy... either that or he needs a good mmo
    Lol

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628
    Yes those who accuse others and resort to name calling most likely have self-esteem or emotional problems. What makes some people think it is necessary to degrade others based on their opinions is beyond me. If no one had an opinion we'd all be the same person. And boy would that suck. Keep that in mind, when you wanna hate on somone for having a different view than yours.
  • methulahmethulah Member Posts: 236
    I know this thread's been derailed, but I'm not going to read people defending their favourite game rather than going at what matters in the original post. Fact is, I'm jaded as all hell with the current state of MMORPG games. I enjoyed Star Wars: Galaxies and Everquest, and it sounds as though I would've enjoyed Ultima Online had I given it a shot around launch. I've had great experiences in other games, but really, none of them have had content that grabbed me and said: "this game freaking rocks, you just lost the next two years of your life" quite like the aforementioned titles.

All new games, as indicated by MMORPG.com's current public poll, seem to cater for people who want no downtime to roleplay or chat with friends, people who want to kill as many NPCs or players in as little time as possible, regardless of whether that's fun or not. People argue that they don't have the time for forced downtime or large levelling curves, but really, as someone who generally can only play an MMORPG for 2 hours on a good day, I understand, however, I don't feel a session is wasted if I spent it making new friends or shopping around for an item rather than heading to the generic implementation of the bazaar mechanic to find the cheapest price.

I want challenge, I want quests that mean something other than the quickest way to level, I want freedom to do what I want, rather than a game where playing though the content in a certain order is the only way to do it. Basically, I want something of a challenge, that allows me to play the game how I want to play it, and hopefully, how others do, too. If the old official Vanguard: Saga of Heroes forums are anything to go by, a lot of people do.

Either way, I'm not seeing it in any upcoming games. Vanguard: Saga of Heroes is said to bring some, and I'll buy it when it comes out here (Australia), but in the meantime, I'm not optimistic about the future of MMORPG gaming.
    Originally posted by bongo123

He's pissed off cause the last coupla games he had a hand in tanked, and played worse than barbies playtime funhouse or somit. So they sacked his useless ass and hes now on welfare back living with mommy... either that or he needs a good mmo
    I vote for the latest

• ArcheusCrossArcheusCross Member Posts: 793

I'll admit, i'm myself part of a crowd called the "jaded gamers". I have a hard time to find anything good on the market right now. The fact that i've worked for Ubi Soft and EA in the past, only contributes to turn me even more off with the gaming industry... When you see from the "inside" how those companies litteraly "botch" their games and don't give a shit about their fan base, it's really disearthening.
    So when you have lost all of your illusion, it's kind of hard to await a new title with hope. And when a new promising title (like Vanguard for example) come out, i can't help but see all the flaws in the game instead of the good points. Especially when those flaws shows the same "we don't care" syndrom of the developper toward it's fan base.
    Basically, i haven't been satisfied by an MMO for my whole life. The first one i started to play hardcore was Dark Age of Camelot, and there was a lot left to be desired. Then, i quited after they release that aweful trial of atlantis. I tried a few others along the way, but the only one i was able to play a few months after that was WoW. Needless to say WoW was WAY MORE of a disapointment. When you think at all the ressources and talent Blizzard has, only to pull out such crappy kiddies bull shit and dumb game like this...
    Then i tried EvE, which must be the slowest and most boring game i've ever played. No matter how cool the end game seems to be, the pace is so slow to start with and you're fired up with so many interfaces that i quit after 2 hours. I want to have FUN, not to READ 100 HOURS OF MANUAL BEFORE I START DOING SO FFS!
    Then you have all those clones of each other, not to mention all the wannabes... You then end up with the sad sad fact that WoW is "still" the number one currently on the market  It will stay like this until War Hammer... Age of Conan is following the same idiotic concept of "raiding gear is the best" then WoW so it will be bull shit, just for that simple fact. A PvP game CANNOT base it's gear around raid: Ever heard of CRAFTING?!
    And what if War Hammer does not live to it's expectation? It's too soon to call the shot on it. I'm in complete withdrawal of playing a good MMO, but i realise there never was a good one when i look back at it. It's like they are setting the bar so low compare to any other games and counting on the fact that "people" will make their game fun... Well it's not happening.
    So yeah, i'm jaded. Jaded of games. Jaded of people like you morons constantly babling in this forum, thinking that you know what you're talking about... I've yet to hear anything intelligent from people here, so i guess not many work in the gaming industry. Obviously, players don't have a clue about how things can and "should" be done, and they keep eating the crap those companies sends to them. Shame on you all who are still playing games like WoW: You're just as disgusting as that 300 pounds dude eating McDonalds with a big smile.
    For the very small percentage that still has the decency to keep their money and wait for a game that will prolly never come, i bow to you...
    I agree man, its time for a change of winds again. Time for someone to break the mold and jump out of this rut being made.

"Do not fret! Your captain is about to enter Valhalla!" - General Beatrix of Alexandria

"The acquisition of knowledge is of use to the intellect, for nothing can be loved or hated without first being known." - Leo da Vinci