Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would you like to see in new expanison?

FalfeirFalfeir Member UncommonPosts: 492

A similar topic was probably addressed before but maybe Anet exec. registered to this forum recently -like me- , and maybe they are dying to hear what we would say on the subject. Question being asked in the title, here is my own answer:

Auction houses: We need it. item search, best price check would be nice

Expanded material Storage or Customization: 250 is way too low. Or customization: I wont be having 250 ectos anytime soon but I surely have next two winters woodstock. Why cant  i  use ectos place?

Something like teamspeak supported by GW servers.

Races: Instead of making new professions, they can make an expansion which introduces a new race -elves for example-. They can decide on the proffessions the new race can choose. They would have different hp, speed, AR, race dependent skills etc.

So what do you say?

I need more vespene gas.

Comments

• AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

Originally posted by Falfeir

A similar topic was probably addressed before but maybe Anet exec. registered to this forum recently -like me- , and maybe they are dying to hear what we would say on the subject. Question being asked in the title, here is my own answer:
    Auction houses: We need it. item search, best price check would be nice
    Expanded material Storage or Customization: 250 is way too low. Or customization: I wont be having 250 ectos anytime soon but I surely have next two winters woodstock. Why cant i use ectos place?
    Something like teamspeak supported by GW servers.
    Races: Instead of making new professions, they can make an expansion which introduces a new race -elves for example-. They can decide on the proffessions the new race can choose. They would have different hp, speed, AR, race dependent skills etc.
    So what do you say?

Auction houses: doubtful.
    Expanded material storage: why not, I guess.
    In-game voice chat: would tax their servers, definitely a NO.
    Races: NO please.

• pureazurepureazure Member Posts: 148

I could really do with them increasing the storage space.

Being able to edit your characters appearence after creation (such as hair).

Being able to set combos for the heroes to use, so you tell them to use the combo, and they use those certain skills in the order you defined (eg, glyph of lesser energy + 2 heal parties - my favourite combo).

Creating a hero who isnt part of the storyline, so you can customize them.

Un-nerfing spirit bond so I can farm :p

// The G&H Townhall - http://gnhth.vault.ign.com - a Gods and Heroes fansite

• FalfeirFalfeir Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by Akaraxle

Auction houses: doubtful.

Expanded material storage: why not, I guess.

In-game voice chat: would tax their servers, definitely a NO.

I get the feeling you would want these changes but doubt NCSoft is willing to do for various reasons.

Races: NO please.

This, however, you dont want. Why if i may ask? As long as they keep the balance between different classes this imo should be fun. Besides they will run out of proffessions sooner or later.

I need more vespene gas.

• emdtemdt Member Posts: 325

ha, hell no, this isnt wow or some other cookie cutter mmmo.

as for me, i do not want to see any more heros. completely killed the community aspect of the game (or the fun of at least joining a grp w/ real people)

---------------------------------------------
    *characters*
    Guild Wars
    -Danish Kokor-lvl 20 monk/mesmer
    -Ettarde Aoi- lvl 7 warrior/ranher
    Maple Story
    -Danish-lvl30 Hunter
    -kokore-lvl8 Mage
    Runescape
    -Lady Ettarde-lvl 58

I get the feeling you would want these changes but doubt NCSoft is willing to do for various reasons.
    In all honesty I don't care much.
    Auction houses wouldn't be bad, but ANet has never really mentioned action houses (they promised improved trading instead). There is already a nice Search window for trading that works like a charm, but the vast majority of idiots keep spamming local+trade instead - because they're dumb.
    I don't feel the need to store more than 250 materials at once; when I need more, I just go salvage stuff or borrow them.
    In-game voice chat, I already explained why it's not possible. Plus, I use TS/Vent regularly and it doesn't bother me the slightest.

This, however, you dont want. Why if i may ask? As long as they keep the balance between different classes this imo should be fun. Besides they will run out of proffessions sooner or later.
    Because elves suck, and because there are currently no "common" races that live among humans in the GW lore. Also, I've got my hands full with choosing professions and skills already. Last, I definitely wouldn't want to see all Rangers elves, all Warriors dwarves etc. just because it's the most convenient.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Adding non human playable races would be a terrible move by Anet, IMO, and I doubt they would even consider it.  I did enjoy how there were some non human henchmen though, that is perfectly fine and all.

I would definitely love to see an auctionhouse.  More importantly, I would like to see them expand the party search window, so that we can search across the whole world instead of only the outpost we are in, and post ourselves under multiple tags so that we can post ourselves as LFG for several missions at once...  I think it would definitely make it easier to find groups in depopulated areas if this were so, which is good for new players as well as those who want to make new RP characters.

The two classes that I think are probable would be a Druid/Shapeshifter class and some sort of  Demon Summoner class, although that might be a bit too much like a ritualist/necromancer/ranger.  I would especially like to see another healing class, one that can contend directly with monks, but I dont think that would appeal to most players and I doubt Anet would add a pure healing class.  I think that theres a good chance we will see a class that has to do with machinery, weilding rifles and using various gizmos and explosives, although I dont really like the idea, it would be unique, and Anet has said that they may venture into some sci fi with GW if they feel there is a suitable market.

Also I think and hope we are going to see lots of snow in the expansion...  Hopefully they can improve the weather effects beyond those that we see in the Shiverpeaks of Tyria.

Formost I would like to see some of the storyarcs from previous campaigns come together.  I would be happiest if the next campaign takes place north of Tyria, just above where Northern Ascalon and the Northern Shiverpeaks are.  This would be ideal for zones with snow, and could lead the way for a deeper explaination of the Charr and the Dwarves, which were sorta iffy in the Prophecies campaign.  I've heard some speculation that the forth campaign will finally bring together the story of the previous 3, and I hope that is true, as long as that doesnt mean the end of GW campaigns.

I like how they are releasing them in such uniform order-  It is very nice.  Its good to have some things in the world that are stable and sure to be enjoyable...  Gives us something to look forward to!

What if the next campaign, like I said, is north of Tyria, but it is such that it overlaps Tyria a little, and we can visit Ascalon again?  But the new campaign would be set several years later or several years before Prophecies, so Ascalon would be different!  That would be neat wouldnt it?  Maybe players could help rebuild the new Ascalon... ect....

Which reminds me, we just HAVE TO SEE GWEN IN THE NEXT CAMPAIGN!!!  That would be so great, to see her again, and hopefully she will be a main character, wheither bad or good, grown up or still young.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• SerlingSerling Member Posts: 662

"Last, I definitely wouldn't want to see all Rangers elves, all Warriors dwarves etc. just because it's the most convenient."

Oh, I don't know. I think it might be kinda' cool to introduce a race like the Charr into PvP. And when you think about it, having Zhed Shadowhoof and Talon Silverwing on your side (a Centaur hero and a Tengu henchie) does IMHO enhance the story line. I can't see doing elves and orcs because they've been done to death. But a Charr guild facing off against a Human guild might make for a very cool GvG battle. GW has some really cool races (aside fronm the overdone dwarves) and it might be worth exploring. Playing a Charr Axe Fiend might be very cool, if just for the look of it.

Other than that, a new hero based on a Charr who "turned" would be cool, too.

• SecromSecrom Member Posts: 318
    Auction house (or at least improved trading) and hair cut changes have been talked about and/or mentioned by Gaile Gray if my memory serves me well. So they are at least considered.

What I'd like to see in the next chapters? Hmm...

Well there is this idea I've had for a while, about a class that you could actually "mount", and would be quite humongous, think Juggernaut of Bigfoot. For a limited amount of time (improved by the primary attribute, something in the lines of "Docility") a team member can ride that player, their HP and AL merge, but the juggernaut moves slower or something...

Very rough concept, hope you get the idea though.

EDIT: forgot to mention, storage upgrades would be nice indeed. Something like they did for crafting components, applied to collector items or Dyes. The former might require too much disk space server side though. All 8 character slots taken, it's getting tight in there.

• slapstik89slapstik89 Member Posts: 19
    One thing i would like to see more of in a new chapter is slightly more open game play with respect to where you can travel to. Prophecies showed this to a slightly greater degree than NF and Factions which almost completely eliminated it. I personally am a fan of MMOs where you can travel where you want when you want, not necessarily in any particular order. Take travelling to Droknar's Forge in prohpecies before even having reached LA for example. While it was never easy, you could get there with a little help even though reaching DF was not intended til later on in the game. I supose what i'm trying to say is...Factions and NF both had outposts/towns and regions in their gameplay that would be closed to you (usually by a closed gate) if you hadn't done a certain quest/mission. It may aid in storyline to a certain extent, but sometimes it's nice to be able to run forward to get something first, then proceed with storyline. I realise in some cases this may not be viable and would just be ludicrous but just the possibility for options would be nice
  • SerlingSerling Member Posts: 662

"Take travelling to Droknar's Forge in prohpecies before even having reached LA for example."

The reason Factions and Nightfall have zones you have to "unlock" through gameplay was because of the way "running" skewed balance in Prophecies. Experienced players were getting run to Drok's, getting their maxed-out armor and weapons as a level 2 or 3, then going back into the Ascalon Arena and competing against new players who couldn't understand why their best attacks weren't even making a dent in the other guy. Running - IMHO - is tantamount to cheating: taking a shortcut through the game that offers an unfair advantage to those players who could afford to do it.

Problem is, now you have people spamming request for "ferries" instead of "runners" in Factions and Nightfall. Guess the devs can't win.

Originally posted by Serling

"Take travelling to Droknar's Forge in prohpecies before even having reached LA for example."The reason Factions and Nightfall have zones you have to "unlock" through gameplay was because of the way "running" skewed balance in Prophecies. Experienced players were getting run to Drok's, getting their maxed-out armor and weapons as a level 2 or 3, then going back into the Ascalon Arena and competing against new players who couldn't understand why their best attacks weren't even making a dent in the other guy. Running - IMHO - is tantamount to cheating: taking a shortcut through the game that offers an unfair advantage to those players who could afford to do it.Problem is, now you have people spamming request for "ferries" instead of "runners" in Factions and Nightfall. Guess the devs can't win.

Well, one way could be to cap gear stats in lower level arenas, to the highest values the local crafters can offer. I.e. no matter what equipment you're bearing, once inside the arena your stuff has the same attributes as anyone else (runes aside).

Personally I think it's a shame some people use runners to gain an unfair advantage in PvP, however for those who do that to go through PvE on easy mode, well it's their money and their problem.
  • RPGnubRPGnub Member Posts: 96
    Well as for the setting I'd love to see some steam-punk, sort of like in Arcanum and a gun-wiedling class to fit in.

Regarding additional features I'd wish for a more in-depth storyline, something with drama, surprising twists or maybe even different branches to follow (I know that'd hardly be possible but one can dream). While the storyline of GW is already pretty good when compared to the competition I'd like this aspect of the game to become even more developed.

I'd also love to have some way to remove party members during a mission to get rid of leechers. While it hasn't happened often to me it's still annyoing. I realize that such a function could easily be abused by the leader though so some sort of automated "leecher detection device" would be perfect.
    Originally posted by RPGnub

I'd also love to have some way to remove party members during a mission to get rid of leechers. While it hasn't happened often to me it's still annyoing. I realize that such a function could easily be abused by the leader though so some sort of automated "leecher detection device" would be perfect.

That would indeed be dangerous.

"The Smite Crawler drops a Glob of Ectoplasm that your party reserves for Random Player.

Random Player has been kicked from your party.

{Random Player} wtf man??"
  • RPGnubRPGnub Member Posts: 96
    Yeah that's basically what I was hinting at. That's why it'd have to be some automatic function... unless people grow up (which  unfortunatly won't happen).
  • yojimbo24yojimbo24 Member Posts: 11
    I personally would like to see no new classes. I want ArenaNet to develop the classes that all ready exist. Lets focus on improvement of the gameplay. And we we finally get the ability to jump?

Originally posted by yojimbo24
    And we we finally get the ability to jump?image
    Never, sorry.

• slapstik89slapstik89 Member Posts: 19

Reverting back to my first post about a more open ended game...i guess they could put an armour/weapon level cap like they have for heroes in NF stop lowbies getting maxed items...but that would just cause more drama than it's worth i guess.

Originally posted by yojimbo24

I personally would like to see no new classes. I want ArenaNet to develop the classes that all ready exist. Lets focus on improvement of the gameplay. And we we finally get the ability to jump?

Yea, i'm getting sick of making new chars every time a new chapter comes out -- only to realise i've wasted my time and revert back to my old chars. So i myself, and thousands of other players feel the same way.  However, that being said, if they stopped bringing out new classes what are new players who only have the new chapter going to do? It's ANOTHER one of those lose-lose situations i guess  

Yea...jumping would be fun but absolutely pointless with respect to GW and its current gameplay. (unless ofcourse you count ' /jump ' ) That and the ability to scale cliff faces.

Hell, while i'm at it - and i know it's been said a million times - mounts! Pretty much the only thing that gets me down about GW is that there are no mounts. (though do you count wurms in the sulfurous wastes?)

Originally posted by slapstik89
    Hell, while i'm at it - and i know it's been said a million times - mounts! Pretty much the only thing that gets me down about GW is that there are no mounts. (though do you count wurms in the sulfurous wastes?)
    If you think about it - just a tiny little bit :) - you'll see mounts are "kinda" pointless with that thing called Map Travel.

• emdtemdt Member Posts: 325
    lol word.

---------------------------------------------
    *characters*
    Guild Wars
    -Danish Kokor-lvl 20 monk/mesmer
    -Ettarde Aoi- lvl 7 warrior/ranher
    Maple Story
    -Danish-lvl30 Hunter
    -kokore-lvl8 Mage
    Runescape
    -Lady Ettarde-lvl 58

Originally posted by slapstik89

Hell, while i'm at it - and i know it's been said a million times - mounts! Pretty much the only thing that gets me down about GW is that there are no mounts. (though do you count wurms in the sulfurous wastes?)
    If you think about it - just a tiny little bit :) - you'll see mounts are "kinda" pointless with that thing called Map Travel.

Yeah, hehe.  Thats why when I heard about wurms in Nightfall I was like...  WHHHAAA?  Now I'm starting to think that an expansion could have mounts, and it would all be combat oriented, not travel oriented.  Mounts could be useful for doing runs though... 

Originally posted by Secrom

Originally posted by Serling

"Take travelling to Droknar's Forge in prohpecies before even having reached LA for example."
    The reason Factions and Nightfall have zones you have to "unlock" through gameplay was because of the way "running" skewed balance in Prophecies. Experienced players were getting run to Drok's, getting their maxed-out armor and weapons as a level 2 or 3, then going back into the Ascalon Arena and competing against new players who couldn't understand why their best attacks weren't even making a dent in the other guy. Running - IMHO - is tantamount to cheating: taking a shortcut through the game that offers an unfair advantage to those players who could afford to do it.
    Problem is, now you have people spamming request for "ferries" instead of "runners" in Factions and Nightfall. Guess the devs can't win.
    Well, one way could be to cap gear stats in lower level arenas, to the highest values the local crafters can offer. I.e. no matter what equipment you're bearing, once inside the arena your stuff has the same attributes as anyone else (runes aside).

Personally I think it's a shame some people use runners to gain an unfair advantage in PvP, however for those who do that to go through PvE on easy mode, well it's their money and their problem.

/agree.  Running was never really a problem, the problem was lower level characters using high end gear in arenas.  I think running was actually good for GW if anything, because it helped encourage veteran players to create new RP characters by giving them something of a bonus, it helped the flow of money, it gave lots of players an alternative income source besides farming, ect.

I really did hate it when people would play the low level arenas with good armor though.  That was terrible...  So I like the idea of capping armor levels for the lowbie arenas.    I think its a shame you cant run Cantha and Elona, but theres still running going on in Tyria so it doesnt really matter...  People can still make some gold for running Tyria, and thats enough I suppose.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• Spy_HIppoSpy_HIppo Member Posts: 322
    I'm hoping for more diverse classes and mabey uniqe races. Not like elves,but Like really wierd ones. The gw centaur or there djinn. something like that. Also some permanent spells mabey. Like scars,permant enchantments,or when you die so many times you become a ghost.

My mind has changed so much. Yet I'm still acting like I'm the same.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    OP:

The main issue with GW to me are the SELLERS!!!! Get them off the chats pleeeeeease they are such a pain in the ....

The standard Trade chat doesn't work, they still sell openly in the main chat.

I would like to see:

** Auction House!

** Group Finding interface!

** Enlargened Ignore list, believe me there are more than 10 idiots in this game.

** More PvP scenarios and game types.

** No more classes ;) I think it's enough now.

** Something that makes u able to pass smaller obstacles/fences/cliffs so you don't feel like a bulky refridgerator when you explore the maps.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

Originally posted by DuraheLL

OP:

The main issue with GW to me are the SELLERS!!!! Get them off the chats pleeeeeease they are such a pain in the ....

The standard Trade chat doesn't work, they still sell openly in the main chat.

I would like to see:

** Auction House!

** Enlargened Ignore list, believe me there are more than 10 idiots in this game.

** More PvP scenarios and game types.

** No more classes ;) I think it's enough now.

** Something that makes u able to pass smaller obstacles/fences/cliffs so you don't feel like a bulky refridgerator when you explore the maps.

Hehe, I agree with this plenty.  I wouldnt mind if they stopped adding classes, but I can imagine that most people (most who dont play GW) would really love to bash Anet for that.  Even if they did replace the class additions with meaningful content, they'd be attacked like mad over it.  I think its probably safest for Anet to continue adding classes, although I wouldnt personally mind a change.    As long as that change doesnt mean new playable races or some pointless gibberish like that.

I like the more PvP scenarios idea, I think they could come up with some interesting PvP map types and they havent nearly explored all avenues there.

Group finding interface (one that works across all outposts) and auction house would be top of my list too.

And as to the refridgerator thing.    I dont think theyll ever change that...  Its the sort of thing we'd prefer to be different, but it is just part of the games structure, and theres not really much we can do about it.  Maybe some small changes would be nice, but even small changes like being able to pass through two players who are standing with some room between them might ruin game play.  Right now, blocking strategies play a big role in a lot of PvP situations, and even in some PvE.  Player / Player collision detection is really something that sets GW apart from many mmorpgs, and by taking away the 'refridgerator effect' they would be sorta wasting the great player/player collision system.

Originally posted by DuraheLL
    OP:
    The main issue with GW to me are the SELLERS!!!! Get them off the chats pleeeeeease they are such a pain in the ....The standard Trade chat doesn't work, they still sell openly in the main chat.

Actually, they spam on both chats because they think they have more visibility - not knowing that most people just disable local chat.
    There is a handy interface already (although far from being full-featured), but 99% of the traders still don't use it. A wise fellow once said: "There is no patch for human stupidity."

En, there is one already. Try pressing P or clicking on Search. ;)
    I'd want to be able to type longer text on that interface though.

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

i would like

ingame voice chat system - something like , when you join a party you can eneble microfone and you can also mute a especific player or all party.

titles ( infinite range ) - age ( not hours online , acount creation age in months ) , experience ( millions )

emotes - hug , kiss , lol

elite end game pve areas

more heros ascent maps and games