Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Likes and dislikes...my opinions after 1 month.

ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008
Things I like (in no particulary order).

1.  Solo content and gear.   Game is very solo friendly.

2.  Ability to lock combat XP

3.  Superb Graphics (in newer zones especially).

4.  Very friendly and helpful community

5.  Awesome crafting system

6.  Dieties

7.  Collections

8.  Multitude of items in every category

9.  Achievement point system

10.  Duel bet system

11.  mentoring

12.  Guild leveling

13.  Surnames and Titles.

14.  Player housing and items (for the home).

Things I dislike (again in no particular order).

1.  Zoning.   Too much in my opinion, especially in the older cities and Qeynos.   Some times you have to clik a bell to zone, sometimes a door, sometimes a mound of rocks, sometimes a ladder and sometimes you zone simply by running down a long canyon..this is ok but you should always have the option to cancel the zoning process once it has started (without exiting the game).  Zoning is frustrating... zoning by accident and having to zone again just to undue the accident is just plain annoying in my opinion.

2.  Artificial zone boundaries (explained:  Too often  you are blocked from movement because the developers have made that the boundary of the game.   Instead of designing some kind barrier within the game,  a simple "invisible wall" is placed prohibiting your movement...this for me is a major turn off).

3.  6 characters total.    This one boggles my mind.   You have, Humans, Froglocks, Dwarfs, Haflings, Erudites, Ratunga, Gnomes, Fae, Ogres, Barbarians, dark elves, wood elves, High Elves,  those lizard guys (forget the name) Thos cat dudes (forget their names) and i'm sure i'm missing a couple... there is at least 14 there alone.   Now think of all the classes to choose  and you get just 6 slots to play with (unless your a "station member" paying a monthly premium above the normal subscription rate).

4.  Some Old, ugly and  uninspired zones,  Thundering steppes, Zek and Nektulos come to mind.    The ground tetures are very poor and repetitive.(the new zones are spectacular however).

14 "likes" to 4 dislikes is pretty darn good. 

I'm really suprised.    I got this game to keep me occupied till vangaurd released, now I'm debating whether or not to even bother with vangaurd (at least for some time).

Comments

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810

Originally posted by ValiumSummer

4.  Some Old, ugly and  uninspired zones,  Thundering steppes, Zek and Nektulos come to mind.    The ground tetures are very poor and repetitive.(the new zones are spectacular however).

Funny, I like all three of those zones. Nec forest and TS hold some particularly fond memories for me. I crossed them doing my betrayal quest less then a week after the game was released.

Back then everything in Nec was heroic, aggro, and of course 10 levels above me. I died 9 times to bleeders in the water, and had one of them camp the respawn point. This was back when you had to recover your shards after you died of face a significant debuff and I was down as many as 6 shards at one point.

I did eventfully get all my shards back and even found my way through without getting lost, which was something of a minor miracle because there were no maps at the time and for most of beta you could catch a boat in CL to avoid the run so everything was very poorly documented.

As I said, I made it through and still remember hearing the music in TS for the first time. I was ecstatic at the time because the hardest part was supposed to be over. In fact this was only partly true. Had I gone the right way there were no aggro mobs between me and Antonica, but I was in a zone I had never seen before following rough instructions.

I missed my turn and ended up heading up the valley surrounded by heroic aggro undead. The eventually caught me and I wound up in thundermist, and lost 2 more shards before giving up on trying to recover them. I got somewhat lucky and turned the correct way coming out of Thundermist, and ran up and down the road until I found the gate to Antonica.

I had a qeynos side alt so I did recognize the music immediately, but hearing that time has to be my favorite experience in any mmo, ever. The fact that I had made my way through a huge number of aggro heroic mobs that would be red to me for many many more levels, being down so many shards that my character could barely walk was incredible. Anyway, because of that Nec, Ant and TS remain some of my favorite zones to this day, just hearing the music in TS and Ant makes me happy :)

Nec, on the other hand is kind of disappointing these days. There are no more bleeders in the water and most of the heroics are solo mobs. What was once a dark scary place is just another dank forest, and the feerott is better.

• DelamekoDelameko Member Posts: 200
    Originally posted by lomiller

Funny, I like all three of those zones. Nec forest and TS hold some particularly fond memories for me. I crossed them doing my betrayal quest less then a week after the game was released.

I think the griffins make things seem worse.  Flying overhead you can see how bad the ground texturing is.  But before the griffins were around I never even realised how bad.

I love Nek too, its one of my favourite zones
  • DelamekoDelameko Member Posts: 200

2.  Artificial zone boundaries (explained:  Too often  you are blocked from movement because the developers have made that the boundary of the game.   Instead of designing some kind barrier within the game,  a simple "invisible wall" is placed prohibiting your movement...this for me is a major turn off).

3.  6 characters total.    This one boggles my mind.   You have, Humans, Froglocks, Dwarfs, Haflings, Erudites, Ratunga, Gnomes, Fae, Ogres, Barbarians, dark elves, wood elves, High Elves,  those lizard guys (forget the name) Thos cat dudes (forget their names) and i'm sure i'm missing a couple... there is at least 14 there alone.   Now think of all the classes to choose  and you get just 6 slots to play with (unless your a "station member" paying a monthly premium above the normal subscription rate).

2.  You'll see this more in the old world.  They know people dislike it and are trying to remove it.  Just look at the revamped Nek Forest.  The only time you get this feeling in the new zones is if you try and climb a surface that is too steep for you...

3. I heard they're working on this, but its not as easy to increase as you'd think.
  • ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008
    Originally posted by Delameko

2.  You'll see this more in the old world.  They know people dislike it and are trying to remove it.  Just look at the revamped Nek Forest.  The only time you get this feeling in the new zones is if you try and climb a surface that is too steep for you...

3. I heard they're working on this, but its not as easy to increase as you'd think.

If I pay the premium $24.99 I get 10 character slots.        I can't see any reason why they couldn't just forget about the xtra fee and give everyone 10 character slots.    That is still 40 character slots less than WoW allows.   WoW went from 8 to 10 at one point too I believe (per server) but always allowed a great many (I believe 50) total (all servers) @ launch.

Fifty slots was more than I ever needed in Wow but...

As it stands now, with just six slots.   I have to delete one of the six characters I have already made in order to experiment with another class.   14 classes (+/-) and 6 slots is a glaring deficiency in my opinion.   I hope they are working on it.

• repoman8679repoman8679 Member Posts: 66
    The only downside to EQ2 for me is the zones.  They are just uninspiring.  Nothing makes me want to log in to run around.  Everything else they got completely right in my eyes.  It's a great game, they just need better artists.  Also I am tired of these games having huge spaces just to have them.  No sense in it if they can't put things there.  That's why the noobie levels are usually really fun to play.  Good size for the areas, then ya get higher level and you have to run everywhere which eats up gametime.  Anyway, thats another rant, ya zones need to look better, everything else in EQ2 is right up my alley.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    You must have your textures way down. I like the graphics in EQ2. ALL of them. I also like Nek but not TS.
  • End_of_a_eraEnd_of_a_era Member Posts: 527

I think:

Antonica,Nek and TS are sooooo crap.

imageimage