Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Performance- Beta vs. Release

VicatinVicatin Member UncommonPosts: 139
Im curious if the performance has been raised since release?  I heard the debugger was on in beta causing lower performance rates.

I got about 40avg FPS in beta the last week or so.  Before that 30ish.  They definately made leaps and bounds on performance issues during beta.  But what i want to know is if the debugger thing was a myth, or if theres a substantial improvement now.

Thanks!!

-Maudlin

Comments

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

there are a lot more bugs in release than there was in beta

go fugure

• YukkioneYukkione Member Posts: 618
    Originally posted by ghoul31

go fugure

Not true.
  • tonestones Member Posts: 60

go fugure

That's a total lie.....are you even playing now in release?

Performance is MUCH better....everyone is raving about the performance and the server stability.....server was up for about 26 hours straight before they took it down for a patch.

I can't believe how smooth its running.

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777
    Has been pretty good, but there's still some work to do.  For example, my server, Shidreth, just crashed.  I'm waiting for it to come back up now.
  • BaldzuluBaldzulu Member Posts: 19
    It seems like the performance has increased just a touch since beta.  I have not seen an increase in bugs since beta, just the opposite there is a significant decrease in bugs from my days in beta.

All-in-all this is a very good game and remember the real launch day is a couple more days away.
  • redelf07redelf07 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by Deathstrike2

Has been pretty good, but there's still some work to do.  For example, my server, Shidreth, just crashed.  I'm waiting for it to come back up now.
    The servers were taken down due to a patch...

(I'm also on Shindreth. The GM's announced it ingame.)

E8400@ 4.0Ghz ~ Saphire HD 4870 ~ 6GB DDR2@ 860MhZ

Originally posted by tones

go fugure

That's a total lie.....are you even playing now in release?

Performance is MUCH better....everyone is raving about the performance and the server stability.....server was up for about 26 hours straight before they took it down for a patch.

I can't believe how smooth its running.

Yes  i am am playing. My xbow doesnt wok. it worked in beta. half the time i recall, i crash, it worked fine in beta. I can't get the damn brokers or mail to work most of the time. it worked better in beta. Sometimes when i load the game, i get this wierd graphical thing, and have to reload the game. On the PVP server, you cant target other players. So healers are totally useless.

on my server, some of this cities are down, you cant log in if you are in that city, and u can't go there

So yes there are more bugs

• DizzlerDizzler Member Posts: 231
    Dont forget the game hasnt been released yet!

• JTJT Member Posts: 401
    Vicatin, I've been beta testing for over 10 years and they do use debugging during beta.
  • tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Yup, the game is released on the 30th of January 2007. Today is the 27th of January. So it hasn't been released yet.
  • TommyKHartTommyKHart Member UncommonPosts: 294

Yes  i am am playing. My xbow doesnt wok. it worked in beta. half the time i recall, i crash, it worked fine in beta. I can't get the damn brokers or mail to work most of the time. it worked better in beta. Sometimes when i load the game, i get this wierd graphical thing, and have to reload the game. On the PVP server, you cant target other players. So healers are totally useless.

I ahvnt crash ones im about 8 hours of plau. I've never experianced any of those problems you're talking about.

You can't target other players? I played for about 30 min on the pvp server waiting for the eu server to come up. I never saw any problem like that.

I am wondering if you're just talking crap. Sry if you really do have problems.

• KarandorKarandor Member Posts: 113
    Originally posted by Deathstrike2

That wasn't a crash, they're patching
  • BlurrBlurr Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

The game in its current state is far improved over beta.

Launch should be great.

"Because it's easier to nitpick something than to be constructive." -roach5000

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Its a bit hard to judge yet, since everyone is still kind of packed into the same starter zones.  When I first logged in it was madness, and with my poor old (4 years) rig very laggy.  But its just 25 hours in now and getting better.
  • SartagisSartagis Member Posts: 38

Performance for me has increased significantly since beta ended. Had one area where I kept freezing for 1-3 minutes at a time for about 10 minutes. It was the outpost in a level 30ish area where I was sent to do a tradeskill delivery. As far as bugs go I have seen several but it seems to be lower than Beta.

I currently have a level 12 Dwarf Cleric / 10 blacksmith.

• taliftalif Member Posts: 141
    Well i must say that the game is running alot better than it did in beta 5. althou i did have some freeze ups then crashes but other than that the game ran great for me i was having about 20 to 30 fps with my 1gig for ram

FFxi Retired
    Coh/Cov Retired
    Guild Wars/Retired
    WOW/(11-23-04/1-6-07)
    VSOH/ retired
    AOC/retired that was fast :(
    Waiting 4 DCUO ,and FFXIV

• KienKien Member Posts: 520
    Compared to beta 4, the performance is MUCH better. I'd say 33% better. That's not to say it's perfect. There's still some hitching and lag.
    Originally posted by thomas.hart

I ahvnt crash ones im about 8 hours of plau. I've never experianced any of those problems you're talking about.

You can't target other players? I played for about 30 min on the pvp server waiting for the eu server to come up. I never saw any problem like that.

I am wondering if you're just talking crap. Sry if you really do have problems.

yea, i like coming to forums and making up a bunch of  fake problems

moron

• VicatinVicatin Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Awesome! Appreciate all the input guys. 

I didnt preorder due to about 30 hrs of work this weekend.  But come Tuesday i will have a copy in my hands.  Glad to hear performance has gotten better and better.

*bows*

-Maudlin
  • ZwerchfellZwerchfell Member Posts: 37
    For me its running much better then in Beta I don't have those brutal FPS drops anymore running much better. Also super stable no crash so far.
  • SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Im finding the performance is much better especially in the heavy lag point of Lomshir. In Beta 5 I could hardly interact with NPC because of the choppiness. Now I can intereact just fine. Im quite impressed.
  • andretomitaoandretomitao Member Posts: 16
    i agreen with u man!!!!