Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Fighter-Balanced Character.

MukaMuka Member Posts: 3
I've tried trials for about 3-4 times, so i played about 2 monts. But i Have a great problem. Some pro guys told to that if i want to make at least something in EvE i should start out with 3 accounts with different oriented characters. So im not such a geek, i Want tomake 1 Characnet but the problem is that i can't find the best one. Sure Achura looks awesome with 3 charisma, but i dont want to play for chineese.

So the Revelations is up, and the system of creating character if some differ, so could you give me an advise some examples of Good Fighter-Balanced characters, i want everything, PvP, Agent Missions, I just wanna see all cool parts of EvE, maby some days i could mine or something.

So i made some exaples here check it out:

Minmatar – Sebiestor

Starting Att.:

- Intelligence 7

- Charisma 6

- Perception 5

- Memory 6

- Willpower 6

So we put Intelligence +2,  Perception +2,  Memory +1 and choosing “Rebels” (Perception +3 and Willpower +1)

Now we got:

- Intelligence 9

- Charisma 6

- Perception 10

- Memory 7

- Willpower 7

And something nice with skills.

So hope you got the idea, and could advise me a character that would be nice nowadays if i dont wanna making lots of accs. And i want to start paying by in game cash as fast is possible, but dont want to play like geek to get i prefer pay but have fun. So hope oon your advises.

Comments

• ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Originally posted by Muka

Some pro guys told to that if i want to make at least something in EvE i should start out with 3 accounts with different oriented characters.
    That's nonsense. I've been playing for almost 4 years now and i never needed a second, let alone third account.

Don't specialize in attributes. A 'fighter' still needs int and mem to train his support skills, for example - Perception and willpower aren't the end-all of shooting stuff.

Just puzzle a bit with combinations on characters. I'd say that Minmatar/Sebiestor or Caldari/Achura are best if you want well-rounded stats, with Charisma as the lowest - An attribute you don't really need in abundance. Perception and Intelligence are used the most, but don't neglect Memory and Willpower.

You can make an Achura with 3 cha, 8 mem/wil and 10 per/int, a nice combination. Or you can make it 3/9/9/9/9 for a more rounded look.

A sebiestor can have 7/8/8/8/8, or 7/7/7/8(wil)/10(per), also a nice combo.

Just don't make the mistake of completely ignoring some attributes, it will hurt your training later on. For the rest, you can do pretty much everything with 1 character, at least, that's what i do. As a new player, you really don't need mroe than 1 anyway.

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

• GrismarGrismar Member Posts: 20
    You only need those three accounts if you're some sort of misanthrope and are playing a MMO game where you should really be playing a single player game.

Balance your character well, don't min/max on attributes. There's something to be said for dropping some Charisma for Perception if you want to be a fighter, or some Perception for Intelligence if you want to focus on production, but overall you will need them all to get the most from the game.

If you need something done in the game that you don't want to invest training time into, find someone that has and either issue them contracts or join their corporation. No single player can do everything there is to do in EVE, that is the nature of the game and it is its strength.

Use your trial account and the fact that you can roll 3 characters on a single account to see what parts of the game you like. There is a lot to try, in fact there is more than you can probably wrap your mind around in the short 2 weeks of trial. Hunting, Complex running, Missions, Trading, Production, Starbases, PvP (both solo and in gangs), COSMOS, Exploration, Mining, etc.

And don't forget that one of the reasons EVE is popular is its community. Ask for help (not for money :)) and make use of their services.

Greetings,

Grismar.
  • kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692
    It doesn't take as long to delete a character anymore either so you can play with a few different builds and if you accidentally finish the creation process you can just set it to delete and try again.  I've also been counting the starting Learning Skills into my creation process which is prolly silly cause they will balance out as I train up the other Learning skills.

For example, an Archura can technically start out with 10 int | 12 per | 3 cha | 10 wil | 10 mem if you choose Military-Soldier with the right choice of stats.  I really wish the Eve Character Tool website would get updated to the new creation process.  Unless of course someone can recommend another site/tool that does the new character creation?

Once you figure out your initial character you HAVE to grab EVEMon -- this is not an option imo, you HAVE to have this program to plan and progress your character properly in this game.

My only complaint about the Archura IS the 3 in Charisma starting out -- that hurts if/when you want to do any social/trading skills at a later point even if you pump it with Learning Skills and implants.