Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ or EQII?

clothosclothos Member Posts: 19
tell me what you think.  Im curently not subscribed to EQ but i used to play like 2 years ago, so i check up on whats going on because its still something that interests me.  But now that i see all the new stuff thats going int EQ its making me want to start up again, however evearything im seeing on EQII is making me not want to play it at all. Sooooooooooo, my basic question is this: Is EQ going to be better (more fun and a fuller experience) than EQII? if so or if not, why? Im interested in hearing your opinions.image

Comments

• GnarledGnarled Member Posts: 566
    If your rig can handle it, wait for EQ2. These guys have been at it longer than anyone else with a legit sequel, so they should be closer to fixing the original issues. On the other hand, the graphical changes to EQ look pretty impressive, and the other changes are surprising. The big thing for me is I really don't want to start back into a game where everyone is either uber-65 or a twinked up alt.

A fronte precipitium a tergo lupi

EQII
    Requiiem, Templar
    Neriak

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

It's very hard to tell which one to choose right now. Probably wont be able to make a good decision until the retail of EQII or at least the beta comes out. Then people will be playing and we might learn how it is coming along. Until then it is anyone's guess.

"No one can draw a clear line between sane and insane. You move that line as you see fit for yourself. No one else can. You'll understand soon... that the one that's insane is this world." - Vincent

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• viet_boy33viet_boy33 Member Posts: 395
         I say EQII because It's pretty much EQ but upgraded. I'll give you some reasons why. First EQII graphics have upgraded not that EQ 1 graphics need it but still their upgrade. Next, gameplay like fighting and casting spells is probally more interesting then sitting there for a couple of minutes attacking, it would probally have some cool effects and things. Also my last reason why EQII would be better is that the MMORPG system for it would be upgraded, like their guild system would be better since they had past bug or problems with EQ1 or other problems in EQ1 that they'll fix for EQII. Also since the game would be more upgraded and updated for todays MMORPGs it will also have tons of new things that EQ didn't have.

.99999999999~=1?
    I want to cast magic missle.
    http://www.flashplayer.com/animation/8bitdnd.html

http://www.narutofan.com go there for Naruto episodes!!

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

I would say go with EQ1 for now.  EQ2 is far far from retail and you would have many months to enjoy and develop a character in the original while you wait.

From what I have read and seen EQ1 and EQ2 are going to be very different games from one another so if you play EQ1 now you can decide if EQ2 fits your tastes as it gets closer to release.

• ZaceZace Member Posts: 77

If you DID play EQ1 2 years ago - try logging in now - it seems most old accounts have been reactivated for a short while.  You will see their new graphics engine...decent rain and stars, spell effects, etc.

As for EQ2, well since they did SWG in the mean time their graphics are awesome - i just hope EQ2 is true 3D (unlike SWG - where you cant take falling damage, or dive down when swimming).  Ah to fly properly would be great, heck, even the dragons in Horizons can do that now!

• GnarledGnarled Member Posts: 566
    Ya know I wanted to log back in, I quit shortly after SoL came out, but my station password doesnt appear to work and there is no way I am installing Kunark, then Velious, then SoL, and still end up short 2 more expansions. . .

A fronte precipitium a tergo lupi

EQII
    Requiiem, Templar
    Neriak

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

It has been said that if your machine can handle it, then go EQII

if it's a hassle to upgrade though, stay with I

• AelrazAelraz Member UncommonPosts: 168

From what I've heard, EQII will be more suitable for casual players (biggest raid-group you can put together is 24 players etc). But if you're into spending 10 hours in front of your computer each day and go on über-raids you might wanna stick with EQ.

I myself will wait for EQII (used to play EQ for 2-3 years), EQ is way to time consuming. Both games will be good so you're probably happy either way :)