Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hats off to Sigil

I finally got home around 7pm pac tonight and playted till almost 2 am. Vanguard plays so fast now compared to even the 2 days before open beta ended. Someone in /ooc said they removed the debuggers, all I know is I have no more memory hitching. NONE!. All my quests have waypoints, way higher fps, everything looks amazing and plays tightly; it is astounding the leaps this game has made in the 4 months I have been playing.

Vanguard is freaking sweet as hell.

Comments

• metalcoremetalcore Member Posts: 798

Originally posted by anarchyart
    I finally got home around 7pm pac tonight and playted till almost 2 am. Vanguard plays so fast now compared to even the 2 days before open beta ended. Someone in /ooc said they removed the debuggers, all I know is I have no more memory hitching. NONE!. All my quests have waypoints, way higher fps, everything looks amazing and plays tightly; it is astounding the leaps this game has made in the 4 months I have been playing.

Started play 5am, its now 10am, no crash, no reboot, pretty sweet.

Not seen any lag, not seen any bugs, perfect.

Now playing: VG (after a long break from MMORPGS)
    Played for more than a month: Darkfall online, Vanguard SOH, Everquest, Horizons, WoW, SWG, Everquest II, Eve

• YanikYanik Member Posts: 25
    Thats good to know, when BT get my freakin phone working again i shall see you there.(its been over a week now without broadband! And i'm in a beta for a very popular mmo but i cant get to play, i hate BT!! Ba$~ards
  • ShazzelShazzel Member Posts: 472
    BC is out , dont have time.
  • KarmaMuleKarmaMule Member Posts: 10

I'm very pleased with the early access so far.  Like the other posters, everything went without a hitch for me, the performance is very good, the game's playing well and I'm having an absolute blast!  Here's hoping the official launch in a few days goes as well!

--------------------------------------------------
    Regard all phenomena as dreams...

• airheadairhead Member UncommonPosts: 718

IF that is true (not calling you a liar of course... just reasoning from your statements).... THEN Sigil/SOE has made a huge marketing blunder imo.

They should have removed the 'debugging' code, and had a 1-week, TRUE open-beta. As it stands now, from what I'm reading in forums, hearing on eq2 guild chat etc, there are a lot of people who are not going to buy the game because it played like crap on their computer 1-week before release. If the bad performance was due to the game's debug code, then that's just plain stupid of them....
  • BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423
    Originally posted by airhead

IF that is true (not calling you a liar of course... just reasoning from your statements).... THEN Sigil/SOE has made a huge marketing blunder imo.

They should have removed the 'debugging' code, and had a 1-week, TRUE open-beta. As it stands now, from what I'm reading in forums, hearing on eq2 guild chat etc, there are a lot of people who are not going to buy the game because it played like crap on their computer 1-week before release. If the bad performance was due to the game's debug code, then that's just plain stupid of them....

I would have to agree with you on that one airhead. Guess I'll do like I was gonna do and thats wait for a free trial any ways
  • godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    Originally posted by airhead

They should have removed the 'debugging' code, and had a 1-week, TRUE open-beta. As it stands now, from what I'm reading in forums, hearing on eq2 guild chat etc, there are a lot of people who are not going to buy the game because it played like crap on their computer 1-week before release. If the bad performance was due to the game's debug code, then that's just plain stupid of them.... QFT!

Only way ill play this game again is if a trial comes out.

---

• Originally posted by Shazzel

But you have time posting here? Moron.

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    Originally posted by Nolite

Originally posted by Shazzel

Maybe he comes here whilst he waits for his griffon ride to end?

---

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

Good one.

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

• swede2swede2 Member Posts: 975

Originally posted by godpuppet

i would say he is waiting in a que myself lol
  • AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433
    Originally posted by swede2

You guys sound like you know more of WoW than of the game you are supposed to enjoy. 

Now, if you will excuse me, it is double XP weekend in the only MMO worth of this title IMO.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

Ya i agree AA the game is pretty awesome am a little pissed at sigil cause i ordered a top of the line computer , might even have it today lol and now my old one runs great . no lag or bugs even with 50 people around me. But my wife is playing and she gets my old one, but god night and day difference in preformance  Kudo's sigil

Honestly i would say if your saying bad things about vanguard now your just a SOE hating fag not that it wasnt hard to tell that thats what they all where anyway lol

• DalanonDalanon Member UncommonPosts: 126

I'm sorry but i'm already seeing a fair amount of 70's running around and i'm almost 65 and i really haven't played that much.  WoW will be a ton of fun for 2 nights a week for the next month or so until i do all the stuff in the expansion, then i'll just have to play something else for 20 months or so until the next expansion

And yes, Vanguard nailed it, i've been playing all day and it's been running great and the game just gets better and better.

Not all who wander are lost...

Originally posted by Anofalye

Originally posted by swede2

You guys sound like you know more of WoW than of the game you are supposed to enjoy. 

Now, if you will excuse me, it is double XP weekend in the only MMO worth of this title IMO.

Grab a brain , am sure we have all played it Anofalye , i deleted my grand marshal rogue and came here the game is well made its just so simple and theres no depth to it what so ever
  • BaldzuluBaldzulu Member Posts: 19
    I agree Vanguard has really improved and it's lots of fun.

Way to go Sigil.
  • ThamorisThamoris Member UncommonPosts: 686
    The game's performance has vastly improved since Beta 5. My fps is in the 30 range with a fairly old rig. Amd 3500..gig of ram and nvid 6600. To be fair...I have settings pretty low..but game still looks great !! and I'm really enjoying it !! Bravo Sigil ! I look forward to many years of adventure and fun in Vangaurd !
  • spiritglowspiritglow Member Posts: 171
    K, Anarchy, I'm changing my mind about paying to have a look at Vanguard. I bought the pre-order In part due to your posts. If it's what you say then I'll probably  buy the game if not then it's just 10 dollars.

Spiritglow
  • Kinslayer5Kinslayer5 Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Thamoris

The game's performance has vastly improved since Beta 5. My fps is in the 30 range with a fairly old rig. Amd 3500..gig of ram and nvid 6600. To be fair...I have settings pretty low..but game still looks great !! and I'm really enjoying it !! Bravo Sigil ! I look forward to many years of adventure and fun in Vangaurd !
    Yesss you have the same rig i do!  I'm happy to know it runs fine.  How much Ram do you have?