Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dial-up capable?

On the advertised box one can read: Minimum requirements 64k modem. Is it true one can play this game with dial-up or will I download patches forever? Both EQ2 and WoW were still pretty dial-up friendly.

Comments

• LinuxxxLinuxxx Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by Mahoning

On the advertised box one can read: Minimum requirements 64k modem. Is it true one can play this game with dial-up or will I download patches forever? Both EQ2 and WoW were still pretty dial-up friendly.

I don't know if you can play the game with a modem. And  the patches usually take 5-40 minutes with 7mbit adsl, but it's mostly small patches.

Tho if you are going to download the whole client.. hehe, it will take time.
  • VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Dude, there is no excuse for you to still have dial up... unless you live in the middle of nowhere than I am truely sorry.

• MahoningMahoning Member Posts: 16

Well, thanks for the first response and not so many thanks for the second one, that's not really helping.

• twiztid19twiztid19 Member Posts: 44
    You should be able to run it, but it will take a 2+ hours to download the game, and you will lagg in the game, but not horribly.. but when theres alot of player interaction it will be hell for you. Id really advise atleast getting cable, because personally i cant enjoy a game with lots of lagg, and not many other people can either.
  • BaldzuluBaldzulu Member Posts: 19
    I agree with everyone else.  You should really upgrade to a broadband connection, it will make your gaming experience so much better.

Neither DSL nor cable is available to me, seriously. Friends don't believe me and I make them call for me instead and any provider just tells us next year, next year since several years now. Most advanced country of this world? Go figure ...

After trying the game out: I downloaded at first a 16 hour patch and after that followed 3 more 5 minute patches in the first week. The game plays smoothly with dial-up, little bit worse than WoW, little bit better than EQ2. So in my opinion yes, this game is dial-up capable just as info for the sorry people like me having no broadband available. That is the status after one week, so please don't blame me if they should change game mechanics or patch size.

Shoot me, I am a Van-boi .