Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installing L2 right now!

2»

Comments

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

I would say go with whichever class appeals to you the most.  Which does the most damage all depends on the circumstance.

Solo, a Silver Ranger does amazingly well since they are the fastest runners in the game and their bows do great damage.  They can solo kite stuff fast and efficiently.

For pure damage in a group the rogue classes do the most damage usually.  They get a large selection of devestating attack skills like backstab, deadly blow, mortal blow etc...

A lot depends on your race.  One of the human warrior type classes the gladiator for instance does amazing damage with his dual sword skills.  They wont be outdamaging the rogue classes but they do very well and can tank to a small degree and their damage isnt as dependent on having another player keeping the targets attention for backstabs and such.

As for the bow, yes buy one now for sure.  At the low levels all fighters benefit from bows and will reduce their downtime significantly.  In fact I have yet to see a time when a melee class shouldnt have one at least for backup if they need to kite something for some reason.

EDIT - I would also highly recommend you view the skills page I linked so you can get a feel for what the different classes are like and what skills they get.  Once you choose a path there is no turning back...

• SquareSquare Member Posts: 254
    I prefer the new classes, I think they sound better. It would makes sense if they switched shadow gladiator with bladedancer, though, and changed the human bladedancer back to warlord.

-----------------------
    It's hip to be square.

-----------------------
    It's hip to be square.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

man that bow rocks!

well anyway..i'm level 8 now..8.4

and uhhh my mp problem is getting annoying..

is there any way to regain MP quicker?

anyway to regain mp quicker?

(bumpage)

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

Yes and no.

As you level up your hp and mp regen rates increase.  There is a bit of a low period from levels 7 to 10 or so where mp regen seems a bit behind. 

One tip is to keep your health and mp bars equal.  If your fighting with your bow a lot, full health, and your mana is at 50% you should switch over and finnish things off with melee.  That way your recovering both hp and mana all the time instead of sitting around full health with no mp.

At higher levels many race/class combos can buy skills that increase mp regen.  For example on my path from Dark Elf fighter-->Palus Knight-->Bladedancer I have the opportunity to buy like 4 levels of focus mind.

• zentuskenzentusken Member Posts: 70

yea ima try that..

im level 11 w00t...or am i 10..uhm..well im one of those

sos rocks!

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

yawn, i got bored after level 5, so ima try ryzom open beta.

--------------------------------------

man..this game is getting really repetetive

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087
    Yeah, it's like that. Basically it's the old-school level-grind with better graphics (which has been the trend for quite a while now).

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

we need a revolution in mmorpgs! no more level treadmill! although, that treadmill is what makes an mmorpg an mmorpg. i think i might try the planetside trial.

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087
    Planetside is awesome. i quit it because 1.my computer's horrid as always 2.they came out with an expansion that you had to buy in order to continue playing it I believe. I liked being a cloaked hacker and taking over outposts and bases like crazy. It was awesome lol. In a cargo holding when my older bro was playing it, he was in an exo suit with a ton of other soldiers gathering around and taking positions behind boxes and then enemies would come in and they would blast the heck out of them. Vanu Soverignty rocks. Also like crushing people when driving a tank...image

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

planetside blows..

it sucks really ...really bad

• TimeWiz4TimeWiz4 Member Posts: 1

I like it alot, but i am depressed by the fact that it will cost about $14.99 a month. I was going to go into p2p but when my friends backed out, i kinda lost interest in playing without them.

I think the graphics of the games are excellent. And the idea of siege warfare seems very interesting. I also like the pet system, especially dragons.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Actually planetside sucks if you expect it to be a mmorpg.A big mistake SoE did on release was fail to compare the game to the likes of FPS.

They let folks come in expecting quests and mobs!This is true because in beta it got asked by many players if there would be quests!

I like planetside because I like FPS.I expect to kill and get killed.

However ,it got as successful as it ever would.People are not ready to pay a monthly fee for a FPS.

• ExcaliburExcalibur Member Posts: 37

Lineage 2 looks great, has very good monsters and animations.
    This game could be amazing but...
    The developers didnt do much to improve overall gameplay.
    I had a lvl 21 Knight and and to get this char at this level I basicaly kept on killing mobs.
    The game lacks quests or other things one could do to get XP.
    In this state it is realy a grinding game where people only go for killing mobs and collecting money to buy better gear so that they can kill the next level mobs etc. etc.

I almost bought the game but I dont like to grind all the way up to lvl 60.