Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ascalon destroyed?

johnny_warrjohnny_warr Member Posts: 1
Hi.  I've been playing Guild Wars Prophecies for the last year and a half.  It has been a lot of fun.  I've completed all the quests with nearly every character.  The lands around Ascalon are really beautiful and exciting to play in.  I really like the mesmer quest where you stop the charging bull from the lake.  It's so cool!

I have a problem though, I think the game is bugged because I noticed that when I finished one of the quests with my last character (my monk), suddenly everything in Ascalon was wiped out by some Charr things.  Is this an alternate storyline?

Thanks.

Comments

• hatchethandshatchethands Member Posts: 187

Well, after you complete the ''pre searing'' (nice pretty ascalon) you go into ''post searing''(ugly nasty ascalon), this is the mainland that the charr had destroyed. There will be main quests that will take you thru the story line.

What level are you if you have been playing for the last yr and a half in pre searing???

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

Nothing wrong with enjoying Pre Searing. Now he's got the whole rest of the game to enjoy.

Too bad Ascalon will never return to its pristene glory. Yep, ugly Burnt Toast Ascalon forever for that character. Also, you'll find that a lot of the basic play mechanics are different for the rest of the game (just as a heads up).

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• smartkidzsmartkidz Member Posts: 252
    I thought the same thing. I got so angry. LoL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    =The best bash.org quote ever=
    Curt teh Juggler: our graduation ceremony was today, and right when some gamer nerd got his diploma, someone in the audience played the zelda "get item" music and he did the zelda spin-hold-out-item stance
    Curt teh Juggler: it was quite possibly the most amazing thing ever.

• AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

Originally posted by johnny_warr
    Hi. I've been playing Guild Wars Prophecies for the last year and a half.[...]I have a problem though, I think the game is bugged because I noticed that when I finished one of the quests with my last character (my monk), suddenly everything in Ascalon was wiped out by some Charr things. Is this an alternate storyline?
    You fail at making the funny. :(

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
      I wish we could save ascalon.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• SerlingSerling Member Posts: 662

LOL! Methinks this is a bit of a spoof (and anyone who took it seriously has been "had.")

:)

• fiddefidde Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Serling

LOL! Methinks this is a bit of a spoof (and anyone who took it seriously has been "had.")
    :)
    Yeah it's kind of obvious.