Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unofficial Server Population types!

BlurrBlurr Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Okay so in general there's just the US servers, with the pvps and the RP server, but people have been talking about unoffical titles for the different servers.

So here's a list of the various "unofficial" and "official" server titles that I've heard.

Florendyl             - RP Server (official)

Targonor             - "Oceanic" server (unofficial) <- Aussie gamers I think

Thunderaxe

Flamehammer

Shidreth               - "East Coasters" server (unofficial)

Hilsbury

Woefeather         - (I hear theres a Ranger community going here)

Gulgrethor

Tharridon            - PvP FFA (official)

Varking               -  PvP Team (official)

Eu Servers        - Eu people might play here  (Gelenia = PvE, Frengrot = PvP Team)

If you know or have heard any other info on where populations are going to be located, post in the thread and I'll add them to the list.

"Because it's easier to nitpick something than to be constructive." -roach5000

Comments

• ErwinnErwinn Member Posts: 48
    Ok this is probably a silly question, but what is the difference between PvP FFA and PvP Team?

FoE
    "Our Enemies are sacred cause they make us strong."

• TommyKHartTommyKHart Member UncommonPosts: 294

Pvp ffa is when anyone can kill anyone.

Pvp team is when theres two teams. The races are split up between the two teams. You can only kill those on the other team.

Orc, goblins lesser giant ...ect on one team

Humans, high elfs, dwarf... ect on the other team

• BlurrBlurr Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Ya, thomas.hart has it correct.

The FFA pvp is anyone can kill anyone (with a few slight limitations).

The ALT or "Team" pvp server is like the FFA, but people are placed on a team based on what their race is. There are 2 teams on the server. The Shadows of Kaerellun, and the Order of Alurad.

Here's the official info from the devs:

Hi everyone-

Here it is, the much awaited announcement of the specific rulesets. We apologize for not getting this to you sooner, but there were some things we needed to nail down that took some time.

Free for all server:

Minimum level 7

20% soft level difference (explained below)

15% coin loot

PvE item durability is disabled on ability activation and PvP death causes a chance for each equipped item to take a large hit

Releasing your spirit after a PvP death takes you to your bind point. You will not drop a corpse.

Team server:

Minimum level 7

20% soft level difference

15% coin loot

Durability is no different than a PvE server

Releasing your spirit drops a corpse (with no experience loss) and transports you to the nearest altar

Defensive targeting and grouping is restricted

The teams

Shadows of Kaerellun

Dark Elf

Kurashasa

Varanthari

Orc

Goblin

Vulmane

Varanjar

Lesser Giant

Order of Alurad

Wood Elf

Raki

Dwarf

Halfling

High Elf

Half Elf

Qaliathari

Mordebi

Gnome

Kojani

Thestran Human

We have support for additional teams, but we feel this is the best initial setup that supports the content and has people able to find opponents from a fairly low level.

The soft level difference means, while your ability to attack someone above the minimum level is unrestricted, if you are more than 20% of their level higher than them, they suffer no penalty and you gain no reward.

The percentages are easily adjustable and we will be enabling coin banking for PvP servers.

EDIT: European server will be a team server

• New_to_MMONew_to_MMO Member Posts: 71

so is there pvp on the RP server?

i don't pvp much, but a little would be nice. if no pvp on RP, i guess i'll hit the team pvp server.

• MechanicusMechanicus Member Posts: 77
    I think all servers are consentual PvP (That is, bot hplayers have to agree to fight), but on the PvP servers you are open to attack at any time. So I would think the RP server is consentual.

Current MMO: None
    Previous MMOs: WoW, Guild Wars, SWG, EQ2, LotrO, Vanguard, Matrix Online, AoC, Ultima Online, Fallen Earth, D&D Online, Champions Online, Aion, Rift.

Originally posted by Mechanicus

I think all servers are consentual PvP (That is, bot hplayers have to agree to fight), but on the PvP servers you are open to attack at any time. So I would think the RP server is consentual.
    thanks!
    Correct, on PVE servers, (of which the RP server is one of them) you can do Duels, where one person challenges and the other person accepts. This means both players have agreed to the 'duel', and fight it out. Otherwise on any pve server there is no pvp action. (Unless they put in an arena or something)

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106
    Woefeather is having a ranger community?  Hmmm, maybe I should hit that server up instead.  I think the RP servers will be too crowded to be honest, too much of a competition. 
    /played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

Well, I was on some ranger board reading stuff when alot of them said they were going to Woefeather. I think it was called "Vanguard Rangers" or it might've been on the "Druids Grove". One of those class sites.

I'm just trying to get the word out so people can find others that they want to play with. (For example, I know the Oceanic guys will appreciate knowing that alot of oceanic people are going to the Targonor server, or atleast from what I've read. This means they will be on at the same itme as people they play with)

If anyone hears more info or maybe that I've got something wrong, lemme know and I'll update the list. (Already updated that the Euro PvP server is supposedly a Team pvp server).

Originally posted by Blurr

Correct, on PVE servers, (of which the RP server is one of them) you can do Duels, where one person challenges and the other person accepts. This means both players have agreed to the 'duel', and fight it out. Otherwise on any pve server there is no pvp action. (Unless they put in an arena or something)
    hmm. i guess i'll go to the team pvp. i was hoping it would be like SWG where you can activate pvp for city vs. city stuff. not just dueling.
  • MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106
    So where is everyone going exactly? 

As it looks now, I'll be going Woefeather, MAYBE the Rp server.
    /played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds