Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

.....Soon (TM)

TCoS - Q1 2007.  Is all i can see.

So with keen eyes and baited breath, I am awaiting what may be the last game I have any hopes for.  Other than perhaps PoTBS..

So - I am keen to know, who else shared the hopes that Spellborn will deliver what we have been waiting for these past 3 years,  Will it fill the rift that warcraft has created?  Truth is there is nothing out there at all.  Vanguard has just destroyed its reputation in my books and while I hope everything goes well, the game just has no soul.   What else is there?  that beautiful little spellborn game I've followed for so long :) 

I guess we will have to wait and see if TCoS delivers but im sure it will. 

Has there been a release date confirmed ? /me would love to know.

And Mr Marco PR Guy darling.. old buddy old pal... I would love you for a beta invite.. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Comments

• runedragonrunedragon Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Check the TCoS site it has info on open beta and release, posted today
  • FluidFluid Member Posts: 17

They haven't said anything more then Q1.  The Beta ramp up in December didn't actually start ramping up till just a couple days ago.  Hold up was likely due to the hardware for the US Servers.

Hopefully it does get released soon.  I don't think it is a good idea to be released headtohead with AoC so Q1should be a high priority goal to develope a solid playerbase.

I didn't have much hope for Vanguard so my disappointment is limited as it appears to be what they said it was.  I think it will be fine its just not my type of game.

That said, Spellborn IS my type of game and we need some new, quality, blood like it out soon.

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    Dont expect, and you wont be disapointed.

---

• FluidFluid Member Posts: 17

Pretty risky schedule from a marketing point of view.  Not my decision but going against the Q2 Q3 releases of some very big IPs this year is an interesting approach.

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by godpuppet

Dont expect, and you wont be disapointed.
    I expect them to meet none of their ETA and hope to be disappointed.

There is a good chance that the last closed beta will start in time though, since they have been postponing that one for quite some time now.

--
    Delanor

• silly2k2silly2k2 Member Posts: 63
    Ack, I'm just hoping tha's all :)

looking at the calendar... it seems to me that spellborn are competing with PoTBS Vanguard, and possibly Age of Conan.  Burning sea is going to have its own niche just like spellborn, and age of conan is a part time game.  If Spellborn can deliver the content / freedom that the mainstream games can't, they're in for a hit.  If its all terribly linear and painful, we're in for hysterics and lots of crying from me :lol:

I wait very patiently to see what happens.  As quite simply I've ran out of games to play!  being a 8 year veteran of mmos really does jade you!

A friend started playing rappelz, and she thinks its a fantastic game! I sadly logged on and it took thirty seconds for me to hate it.  Which is a shame as she says its fun.  The difference between her and me ? She is a complete beginner to mmos.  so I suppose your right about not having expectations!

Although.. I did expect vanguard to be not great, and I was right!  But.. then there is eudemons online, I expected that to be terrible, but I lasted 3 weeks in it lol!

it shows how bad things are when i start playing eudemons :)

• Christoph27Christoph27 Member Posts: 5

Chronicles of Spellborn may take it easier to outperform expectations as it seems to put on great features and in depth gameplay while no franchise other than a number of mmos selling poor content on a large brand names ticket. Looks like a perfect surprise blockbuster by the weirdo mmo fundamentalist dutch developer guys to me.

So whats the latest guess on when its to be released? Is open beta still scheduled for March?

• airheadairhead Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Concerning the TCoS vs AoC fears....

AoC just pushed back to Oct-2007.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/112607

and of course PoTBS may get pushed to the next millenium?

SO... tcos has some breathing room. I wouldn't be suprised to see a JUNE release... give everyone time to get burned out on WoW TBC, but 3-4 months in front of AoC.... and SUMMER.... no games to play but tcos during summer? THey could do really good.
  • Christoph27Christoph27 Member Posts: 5
    It seems TCoS release is substantially more predictable than AoC right now ... so the timelag between both mmos might be determined by by the question whether AoC is in time...