Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exploring tasks

I have problem with exploring tasks. I always get coordinates, but i cant get to them. They are always located on land, but i cant get there because of borders, when i go out of town, and searching from my ship cant get anything either. Has anyone else got this problem?

Comments

• CherelCherel Member Posts: 34
    what do you mean by "located in land"?

Almost all discoveries must be done from the high seas screen. You go to the coordinates (for instance, "X,Y near Alexander") with your boat, then click on the exploration button in your shortcut bar (get it from your Instruction Panel if you haven't it in the shortcut bar already) and you will get promps about the status of the exploration in your standard chat tab. You will recognize you are in the right spot because of blue sparkles. There are one or two discoveries in deep seas, but almost ALL discoveries can be found by sailing by the coastline.

You can make discoveries on land (ports, cities and suburbs), but these are mostly about buildings and new mobs, requiring a certain item to drop in order to authenificate them. If you are told a spot, I would say the coordinates reffer to the high seas map.
  • NosturNostur Member Posts: 3
    Yep, i know, but i never saw the sparks, even when i was on the coordinates, discovering for 10 minutes, nothing found. I was going around but still no sparks... :[
  • CherelCherel Member Posts: 34
    Then I don't think I can help you. I advice you to post this issue in the official forums, in order to ask for help. Many people have answered to problems with questing before. As I am not a professional explorer, I can just cover the basics.
  • NosturNostur Member Posts: 3
    I already posted there, still waiting for reply, anyways thanks
  • TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984
      If your having issues with the Boabab tree just keep exploring in the spot its supposed to be, except in a bit on the shore. I didnt even get the journal and I still passed the mission. Its one of the few bugged missions for the Adv. guild.