Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using 2 Weapons

JdokiJdoki Member Posts: 68

Hi

My char is a Hume WAR, and if possible I'd like to wield two weapons at the same time - I'm only lvl 8 at the moment.

Is it possible to do this with my char? - Can anyone give me some pointers so I can gain this skill?

Thanks

Comments

• zhandorzhandor Member Posts: 9

Well first of all, my name is Tristan from Seraph server. I have played since NA PC release late October 2003.

In order to dual wield as any job, first you must complete the Ninja advanced job quest. Only ninjas as a main job or support job can use the dual wield job ability.

If you're lvl 8 right now as a warrior, your best bet is to continue gaining exp until lvl 18. Once you're 18th lvl, you can complete the subjob quest which originates in both Selbina, and Mhuara. Eventually after copmpleteing that quest, you can work on a new main job, and have a supost job as well. Keep in mind though that your support job will never be any more than half your main job, but this is a totally different subject.

Back on topic, the only way to use dual wielding weapons is with a ninja job. You must eventually become level 30 in your job before you can even consider going for any advanced job. However, even though that level 30 is required to qualify for any advance job quests, it is usually recommended to be a couple levels higher, and have several friends to help you on many of those quests. Some like Dark Knight and Ranger can be done solo easily, however other jobs like ninja and samurai require high level assistance, or tons of buddies to help. As for ninja, the toughest part will be killing three notorious monster spawns, Korroloka Leeches, that spawn at the same time. You'll want a tank class, bard, whitemage, and a blackmage to make it smooth, or a real high level player to tank the whole mob to get the drop needed for the quest.

Darth Tristan - Dark Knight of Vana'diel
    Saraph Server FFXI

Darth Tristan - Dark Knight of Vana'diel
    Saraph Server FFXI Dark Knight 52/Warrior 32/Ninja 30/Samurai 15/ Paladin 8/ Summoner 5/Thief 4

• thundagathundaga Member Posts: 5

yes you need to be a ninja to duel weild