Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

player controlled crewmembers

I think to a certain extent that in a expansion(since by that time there will be alot of fleets out there) to the game some of the crew should be able to be real people just for the type of gamers out there that would rather do that than be a captain and a way for people who dont have ships yet be able to make money by being paid for their sevice and have fun pvp and level combat skills at the same time(based on my perseption of the game anways)not to many though as it would be to hard to fill but something like 3-5 or even 10+ maybe for the really big ships as like mercenarys for hires. To many people in my opinion see that multi player crews would suck, automaticly do something boring like pulling ropes or swabbing the deck but thats perfect jobs for the ncp that way it would be more fun when you board an enemies ship or get boarded you arnt fighting boring ncps.. ,get that added bonus to a ship of having real people and also facing real people not computer controlled people, more skill based and funner in my opinion expecially if you get bored just doing the same old captain style play of getting ship into position and firing . My reasoning for that is if in combat when you and another ship roll up to each other does the crew fire rifles/pistals at the other ship trying to reduce their numbers along with the cannon fire before a boarding party goes aboard i assume? and then have like melee weapons aswell for closer combat when need arises? and atleast if multi player crews arnt added in an expansion, can a captain be apart of a boarding party aswell with firearm and melee? if not im a little dissapointed only because i thought the game was gonna be something different than that more like other mmorpgs pvp combat up close and personal , though i still think the game will be great no doubt. I also know that this would take alot of time and effort and alot more rethinking and work than i just described,  i wouldnt want that added wait time for release just like everyone else so which is why i said in an expansion or something, what do you guys think?and like i said this is based on my knowledge of the game which isnt that great so please correct me and answer my questions if you can, thanks.

Comments

• NumenesseNumenesse Member Posts: 22
    I like this idea.  Like a  POB ship.  Perhaps the player characters would have better stats and it would enhance the community as you could fight with your friends.
  • Dread-TzuDread-Tzu Member Posts: 1
    You already can fight along side your friends just in seperate ships. I dont like this idea because it will one way or another make the fights unbalanced. If a players side has all AI crew and the other has 6 real life players on his one ship it is hardly an even  fight. But to answer one of your questions, they are working on avatar combat while boarding.
  • IronHeadIronHead Member Posts: 25
    I'm really kind of disapointed in that the crews will be NPC,  player manned ships were what I was looking forward to
  • KoolaiderKoolaider Member Posts: 450
    I'd like to see some player participation to some extent. But something like a POB class ship that SWG has. That ends up working really well. But Instead of having multiple people needed in order to run the ship, it can be optional, so players can run their 50 gun ships by themselves.
  • EaradiEaradi Member Posts: 42

Well you cant say it any better than that.  If you have 6 real life people you should have the advantage.  That is why its an mmo.  Use RL people pay them wages whatever, but seems to me it would bring a more difficult state to the game and it wont be a grab your ship and pillage.  You would have real people to anwser to if you suck.

Originally posted by Dread-Tzu

You already can fight along side your friends just in seperate ships. I dont like this idea because it will one way or another make the fights unbalanced. If a players side has all AI crew and the other has 6 real life players on his one ship it is hardly an even  fight. But to answer one of your questions, they are working on avatar combat while boarding.
  • TheRebelGenTheRebelGen Member Posts: 103

I'm pretty sure you can't even walk around in the ship when not boarding

Its like EVE all it looks so cool...to bAD I CANT ex[plore it!

• kjm2006kjm2006 Member Posts: 90
    There was a post by Rusty a few days ago (sorry can't find it right now) and in it he said they have been thinking about and brainstorming about it for awhile and haven't really come up with a good way yet, they still haven't ruled it out though, as he said it won't be in R1 but may be something for R2 or R3 or maybe even as late as R4. 

POTBS username:yohorumrunner
    Guild:St George Squadron