Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it still one person per ship?

Cause if it is, WHY!?

Comments

• daenrrdaenrr Member Posts: 26
    Think about it, one player ships will always be better in a game like this. Having multi-user ships just doesn't work. If you had multi-user ships you'd have one person sitting at a station but mostly not doing anything unless you come across enemy ships. Even then it wouldn't be much fun. Wouldn't you rather be the captain of your own crew or would you rather be a petty pirate/marine. I'd assume you'd take the captain role. :D
  • atamboatambo Member Posts: 21
    I'd rather be in fleet with my friends rather then arguing with them about who gets to be the captain of a ship.
    I'm not talking about it that way, I'm saying you wouldn't want to be part of a crew. You would just want to be the captain (the only user-controlled character) on the ship, every other character would be computer controlled I'm assuming. But I think you control the ship, you don't actually get to walk aboard the ship whilst you're sailing, I'm not sure, I need to research more. Setting specific stations to a specific character would make it too complex and boring unless it's ongoing activity. But this is not Puzzle Pirates.
  • atamboatambo Member Posts: 21
    I was agreeing with you lol...a fleet is a group of multiple ships meaning everyone would get to be a captain of their own and not have to argue over who gets to be the captain of one ship. Sorry if it was confusing. Your right each ship is captained/controlled by one character and all the little npc guys on your ship move to your keystrokes (when you fire they duck and plug their ears or when you reload they reload).
    Oh sorry, I misread. Yeah, I completely agree with you.
  • blacknebulablacknebula Member Posts: 8
    JEEZZZZZZ............................
    Eh? Whats so geeez?
  • blacknebulablacknebula Member Posts: 8

nothing im just saying... is it illegal?

JEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ........................................

• WizhkWizhk Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Trying to work up his post count so he can Hype..
  • errorcodeerrorcode Member Posts: 4
    i like the idea of sailing with a fleet of my friends instead of all of us crewing a ship. i mean, who wants to be the guy stuck working the bilge pump?
  • Shinshu123Shinshu123 Member Posts: 4
    I too understand where you are coming from. I would enjoy being on a ship where all of the crew were players and you gained maybe cannon skill or aiming skill ect. But is that logical? How can you run a ship with 100+ crew with all players? think about it you would have to have a hell of a lot of players to even run a moderately sized ship. I just cant see that happening. Though I cant wait to play the game and im sure it will be spectacular in all aspects.
  • tcm151tcm151 Member Posts: 9
    So am I, but yea.. agreed with both of u
  • freiheitfreiheit Member Posts: 264
    Originally posted by errorcode

i like the idea of sailing with a fleet of my friends instead of all of us crewing a ship. i mean, who wants to be the guy stuck working the bilge pump?

lol

Well said, but you never know how far people will take roleplay.

• LocoGuruLocoGuru Member Posts: 6
    Aye, I hated running the bilge pumps when I served in the Navy! I vote Captain for us all.
  • PaidinPaidin Member Posts: 4

I'd rather not be swabing the deck, I don't know about the rest of your.  Besides, the captains quarters are much more comfortable than the forecastle where the common ship's hand slept.  That said, multiple players in boarding actions has some potental to be extreemly fun.  Perhapse PotBS will comprimise and allow multiple ships to participate in a boarding action?

• treefrg426treefrg426 Member Posts: 2
    I think allowing player crew should be optional.

And if it's your ship, your the captain. But I think you should be able to invite your friends on your ship. I also think that in ship battles you should be able to grapple on to the enemy ship and control your character and fight the enemy.
  • DeathAngel34DeathAngel34 Member Posts: 28

Well if there was a mode were the players could do one time battle arena were every1 choses a station and then when ur ready, u go against another ship, and when its over u just keep doing the solo captain thing.

But its just a suggestion for ppl who like being in the gunner seat.

• KoolaiderKoolaider Member Posts: 450
    I'd still like to be able to have friends come aboard. If ships were disigned for more than one person, it wouldn't necessarily mean that you need to have them help you in combat. I think that SWG is a really good example of where certain classes of ships allow people to come aboard and do whatever they want to do. Adds to the fun factor in my opinion.
  • Pl4terPl4ter Member Posts: 3
    It would be so much better if there would be a "clan" per ship and we can do clan fights with each other. That would be a good fight
  • kjm2006kjm2006 Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by Pl4ter

It would be so much better if there would be a "clan" per ship and we can do clan fights with each other. That would be a good fight
    Well you do in a way as you all have your own ships and you battle as fleets, you can have clan vs clan in a battle.

POTBS username:yohorumrunner
    Guild:St George Squadron