Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did C5 balance some of the classes?

RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

I played L2 for almost 2 years, and i totally loved it. The only reason i quit was due to a hack that totally crushed everything me and my rl friends had accomplished w/o resorting to ebaying adena etc. The only reason i never went back however was due to the imbalance between melee classes and everything else. Nukers with set ups of all acumen down from their robes/weapon/tats were impossible to beat unless you were a nuker yourself or an archer class. The dagger classes were nice up close but not as good after C3. I started as a BD and hit lv 62 with no issues, pvp for me was fun regardless of wether i won or not. I later played a Phantom summoner and also hit lv 62 it was my favorite class of all but stil highly ineffective against true nuker classes or even a necro for that matter.

I only played till C4 which is about the time i got nicely shafted so i dont know what C5 brought about. So my question is wether melee classes are any decent now in pvp or not? Its not mainly because i want to play a melee class or not but rather the fact that i think its very important for a pvp game to be balanced so i dont see a clan full of freaking nukers winning every siege etc.

Comments

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

There has to be someone who knows the truth behind this....unless you all rerolled into necros during C4 and melee classes no longer exist lol.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by Rehmes

There has to be someone who knows the truth behind this....unless you all rerolled into necros during C4 and melee classes no longer exist lol.

There has been some balancing. Likewhen a DA rooted me and killed me.

There is still some disparity but I do know of melee that are a bit more happy. However, Archers and Mage do have that whole range thing. There are going to be new changes in the next update. Also, not sure if this came in the last update (or will be included in the next) as I haven't experienced it yet but hate will be usable in pvp.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by Rehmes

There has been some balancing. Likewhen a DA rooted me and killed me.

There is still some disparity but I do know of melee that are a bit more happy. However, Archers and Mage do have that whole range thing. There are going to be new changes in the next update. Also, not sure if this came in the last update (or will be included in the next) as I haven't experienced it yet but hate will be usable in pvp.

Thanks for the reply and the idea of using hate in pvp is friggin awesome, i know CoH/V employ this and is very effective.
  • EllChanEllChan Member Posts: 24

I don't know if "balance" is the right word. The advantage of using a nuker to destroy all other classes was more or less eliminated by severely increasing the wait time for sleep to take effect (you get a bar now like a soe) and giving some classes the ability to reduce mp. (both by actually casting a spell that reduces mana and by casting a spell that will cause every cast from that point on to consume more mana)

So yes, there are a lot of angry mages out there, but the archers have not yet seen a substantial nerf. (unless you count archer/healers because for some reason healers are now limited to weapons they can use without penalty. Yeah.. nerf the healers. wtg! lol)

• BlaadBlaad Member Posts: 64
    Not really, Archers/Nukers are still greater than all in PvP despite the attempt to add some balance in C5.  Archers, buffed right, are just about unstoppable.  NCsoft has cracked down on botting for the past 6-8 weeks but is gradually allowing them to come back.  For example, the catacombs are starting to fill up with bots and they are all over the newbie towns at the moment.  I can only conclude that NCsoft is an unethical company that will do anything for a buck.  The things that made you quit the game (for good reason) are still alive and well in C5.
  • JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Just remember this isn't a 1v1 game. Ranged usually has advantage in 1v1. Archers take out nukers, and nukers take out nukers, nukers can also take out archers. But remember that a smart tank with some luck could take out a nuker or archer.

Every class has it's place. The big damage dealers such as archers, nukers, and sometimes daggers are usually what dominate 1v1 pvp such as the silly arena.

This game is very pvp centered at it's core, but it has legions of grind to go threw until you touch the core. So playing a class that is fun in pve is just as importaint if not more than a good pvp class.

Phantom Summoners are the only class I know that can solo ToI 10. They also get some pretty cool skills such as summoning friends. Being a summoner can be a lonely road though, since they were designed for the soloer basically. If you liked this class, I would encourage you to continue with it. The the best in any pvp really, but still has it's purpose.

This isn't a game where every class has a chance to beat another. There is balance, but it is less apparent than many other games. Balance depends on your team, your coordination, your luck, you gear, and your levels. But there are many times (a am a nuker) that I would bring a tank with me to hunt, just for some protection during some random pvps.

I would say it is much more balanced now than it was in C3 and C4, if you want the short answer.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by Jukan

Just remember this isn't a 1v1 game. Ranged usually has advantage in 1v1. Archers take out nukers, and nukers take out nukers, nukers can also take out archers. But remember that a smart tank with some luck could take out a nuker or archer.

Every class has it's place. The big damage dealers such as archers, nukers, and sometimes daggers are usually what dominate 1v1 pvp such as the silly arena.

This game is very pvp centered at it's core, but it has legions of grind to go threw until you touch the core. So playing a class that is fun in pve is just as importaint if not more than a good pvp class.

Phantom Summoners are the only class I know that can solo ToI 10. They also get some pretty cool skills such as summoning friends. Being a summoner can be a lonely road though, since they were designed for the soloer basically. If you liked this class, I would encourage you to continue with it. The the best in any pvp really, but still has it's purpose.

This isn't a game where every class has a chance to beat another. There is balance, but it is less apparent than many other games. Balance depends on your team, your coordination, your luck, you gear, and your levels. But there are many times (a am a nuker) that I would bring a tank with me to hunt, just for some protection during some random pvps.

I would say it is much more balanced now than it was in C3 and C4, if you want the short answer.

Good Post Jukan. That is exactly right.

This is not a 1 v 1 game. Get a good group together that has a good balance of classes and then you might be assured victory.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BlaadBlaad Member Posts: 64
    An archer party with Focus, Song of Hunter, DW, Dance of Fire, CoV, and Draconic Bows w/focus will destroy any other party in the game.   Never in the history of L2 has there been a more overpowered pvp party.  Throw in a Warlock, Ring of Biaum, and Ant Queen ring and it gets even worse. Its probably the main reason for the critical damage nerf coming in C5. 
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Gladiators are now the best PvP class in the game. It says so in the guide that came with my L2 box.

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • BlazinBladesBlazinBlades Member Posts: 1,214

I kind of like it, but to be honest though I stopped playing back before C3 so to me this is pretty good. Kind of like getting your nipples tickled while getting the skin flute special from a Bangkok girl, granted that can be a good thing or a bad thing, it all depends on how you look at it, and I guess the same is true for the C5. This is really deep intellectual stuff. Anyone want a hug. Bring it on down now.

Damn byotch dat aint no friggn moon fool, dat be a friggn space station byotch.

• mmaaxxxmmaaxxx Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Cryomatrix

Gladiators are now the best PvP class in the game. It says so in the guide that came with my L2 box.

Cryomatrix
    /agree
  • BlazinBladesBlazinBlades Member Posts: 1,214
    Originally posted by EllChan

I don't know if "balance" is the right word. The advantage of using a nuker to destroy all other classes was more or less eliminated by severely increasing the wait time for sleep to take effect (you get a bar now like a soe) and giving some classes the ability to reduce mp. (both by actually casting a spell that reduces mana and by casting a spell that will cause every cast from that point on to consume more mana)
    So yes, there are a lot of angry mages out there, but the archers have not yet seen a substantial nerf. (unless you count archer/healers because for some reason healers are now limited to weapons they can use without penalty. Yeah.. nerf the healers. wtg! lol)

I would agree that the word Balance would not be appropriate in relation to the C5. I truly speak when I say that the idea of balance being reached in the game will not happen for some time if ever, however I am fine with that since most MMOs have the same balancing problems themselves, and after all it is just a game a toy that we adults enjoy to play, although there are better toys to play with as adults such as girls. You state that you feel the Archer has not had a substantial Nerf as of yet, I disagree with you, I feel the Archer has had its fair share of attention, although I will admit that they have not had as much as others. I am interested in knowing what you feel a substantial nerf would be for the Archer. Bring it on down now.

Damn byotch dat aint no friggn moon fool, dat be a friggn space station byotch.