Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

13th expansion

DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586

I read a couple of days ago where some SOE employee for EQ mentioned they're already beginning the culling for beta testers for the 13th EQ expansion.  It seemed to emphasize for higher leveled guilds, big surprise there, so probably the next expansion will be about raiding again.  Might've had a pirate theme as well.  Not the best method to try to entice new players to EQ or returning players to EQ, but I guess SOE gave-up on that.  & I was looking at that Titanium package just a few days ago considering it, oh well. 

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I gave up on EQ a long time ago.

See, the rules are set in place.  Changing them would be desastrous for the game, they have to focus on what they have now; which is raiding.

I personnally will NEVER play a raiding game ever again, but I can't blame EQ for sticking to it.

However, any newcomer putting raiding in their game is extremely dumb, raiders would join their game with or without raiding, if raiding is present but by no mean endgame, they would love it to.  But once the rules are set, you have to stick with them.  So WoW couldn't remove raiding now, it would hurt them.  But at release they could have put raiding as non-endgame or not there and it would have been just as popular if not more.

SWG teaches that you can't change the rules once the game is release.  Raid-free servers is a must in a modern MMO, just like PvE servers...

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

Serpents stone was the expansion for the newcomer, this raiding one is probably more focused on retaining people which they already got.(which makes sense)

• AesperAesper Member UncommonPosts: 90

This is all I have to say:

PIRATES?

Theyre really reachin for content.

EVE Online player since 2007.

"Our greatest glory consist not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

- Oliver Goldsmith

• MalpractiseMalpractise Member Posts: 7
    I gave up shortly after Depths of Darrowshire I think what is was called.  I didn't even get half way through it before another xpac came out.
  • LostHawkLostHawk Member UncommonPosts: 56