Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Teaming/Team XP

Hey, I just have a quick question. How developed is teaming in Vanguard, I'm a kind of person who really liked being in large teams, and I always like playing a healer. I remember how much I hated being a healer in WoW and I don't really want to repeat that experiance (I could never get a team in WoW, even as a healer up until the 30's, and even then it usually took forever).

Anyway yeah, interested in knowing if the teaming is good.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

its very group centric, even crafting is cooperative. 

im not sure what sort of details you want though, but lets just say past level 10 you're going to want to belong to a guild.  PUG's dont cut it too much in this game.

im hoping to see large guilds as opposed to these constant small guilds popping up.  mainly because im thinking PvP wise and what it might mean to that community.

this game has one hell of a potential for an incredible faction based pvp environment.  i just hope they start going that route.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • HyoukanHyoukan Member Posts: 307
    Ah, great. I do love that =). I'm hoping to meet some people at release that I can group with alot. Hopefully I'll be able to be some healer, or buffer. Maybe meet a damage dealer friend and stuff, heh.
  • KarandorKarandor Member Posts: 113
    Meh PuGs do fine in the early dungeons. Are they optimal? No, but I've had some great PuGs.
  • MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489
    Grouping not only helps XP, but allows you to gain sympathetic skill points as well. You should be VERY happy with not only you value to a group, but what you get from it as well.

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• HyoukanHyoukan Member Posts: 307
    What's the % of solo XP in Vanguard, like I hate when they half it or less. In AO is was awesome, with a team of 8 you got like %60 of solo XP or something like that. (Maybe not that much, but it made it so having a full team was a great thing, not essential, but still great). If they don't hack the XP to death I think I'll be in love hehe.

(On that note anyone have a guild they're gonna put together at release?)

Oh, and thanks for the great responces, good to see the Game forums havn't got as bad as the General Discussion