Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Work has begun on a new hardcore mmorpg for those who may have enjoyed UO, EQ1, and Asherons Call...

Comments

• MassivePvPMassivePvP Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by RyuukoGo

Originally posted by MassivePvP 

I do want to make it clear however, that I will not respond to any questions or responses that have negative or insulting tone to them.  Please ask your questions in a productive manner if you want to be answered. 

What exactly is an insulting tone... is " I'll believe it when  I see it"  insulting?

There are a few upcoming and soon to be released MMORPG's that are/were supposed to attract millions of players they had a lot of hype about them but...to put it bluntly..they suck.

How is your MMORPG going to be different say..from L2,WoW,Archlord,Vanguard.

What are you going to do to keep out botters/farmers?

Saying that you'll believe it when you see it is not insulting in the slightest.  We want you all to see it, and we will show you plenty very soon.  Before we show you too much however, we still have lawyers that need to finish a few copyright procedures and we need a name for our new mmo, as well as a website.  This will all be complete in the near future.

We have plenty to offer as differences between the current offerings of mmorpgs today.  Mobs that "learn" from players and interact with players individually as I described in my original post certainly will be different.  No mmo that I know of allows the players forever shape the worlds dungeons either.  There is plenty more and we plan on announcing all our plans soon once more copyrights are stamped in place!

We will combat farmers easily.  No mobs will respawn in the same place after they die.  A new mob might respawn nearby, but it could be as a chicken or dog!  We firmly believe that this tactic will stop camping/farming problems as those players will be forced to search for their "spawn kills".

sa

• SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290

No, Its not April 1st so It can't be Arpil Fools yet.

Its nice that anyone can make a new character and spout any drivel that they want without proof.

Maybe the OP should go to an investor site to drum up some business.

• ArcaneMarineArcaneMarine Member Posts: 36
    Wow...the bashing some of you lay on this guy!!

If its BS then its BS, but he is only giving a pre-cursor to a game that he may be developing.  If he really has the game in the works then it may be great for us gamers.  If the game never comes to fruition then there's no harm to any of us.  Try and be more optimistic and hope that this game comes out.
  • DanhildermanDanhilderman Member Posts: 67
    OMG! It's AC3!!!!!!!!

Seriously, if you pull this off I will be the first to subscribe.  This is exactly what thousands of left-behind players have been waiting years for.

Please don't be a scam.  This game could be the real deal.
  • Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

{crosses fingers...}

Please don't be another DnL or "Mourning"

sounds cool though.

- Zaxx

• beezeebeezee Member Posts: 149
    Originally posted by Poldano

Meh, practicing for a career in marketing, IMO.

LOL  Keyword being "practicing"!  I mean come on, anyone with any kind of business savvy doesn't come on a website forum post to tout how much money they have or how many people are involved in a project with nothing to show for it.  Give me a break!  If this so called project sees  even a slight ray daylight, I'll kiss his ass in public in the city of his choice!
  • msticmstic Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Vaporware is the newest fad.

And if it takes you 2 months to make a website, I'd put your production of a mmorpg on par with duke nukem forever
    Originally posted by Orca

Tell me when i should pre-order... So you can scam me =)))
    As the others said... Let me see it before i believe it.
    You really have a rush on, to get it done by 2008... If you want it to be on par with todays games in graphics.
    What GFX engine will you be running? And when will we see screenshots of the game?
    You'll be able to play a solo version to get a good feel for the game mechanics this summer. 

We are working on this game 7 days a week for the most part.  We have been working on it already for over 5 months.

The GFX engine as you ask about is a modified version of the unreal engine 3.

By the way, I did my research and wanted to give you all who might be interested a slight clue as to the magnitude that this game is being sponsored already. 

Our mmo will have 3 different bars, one for health, obviously, and it will be red.

The mana or power bar (which we call magic) is bright blue.

And about a month ago, we changed the color and name of our "stamina" bar to the "energy" bar and from yellow in color to florescent green.  We obtained a sponsor and we can say that there will be certain "MD potions" that will help restore your energy.  We can also clue you in that this energy "MD potion" is more recognized in todays world as a very popular soft drink.

More on this and much more in the weeks to come!

• SkiddishSkiddish Member Posts: 103
    Originally posted by Brainy
    1.5 yrs to develop an MMO?  Can anyone say Darkfall?  I heard that before with them.  How many years has it been now and still no product released? 

Darkfall!!

The biggest hope and dissapointment of my LIFE.

I've been following and waiting for Darkfall for years... YEARS.

And yet I can't help but to be excited every damn time claus says it's being released soon. GRRRR.

By the way, I did my research and wanted to give you all who might be interested a slight clue as to the magnitude that this game is being sponsored already. 

Our mmo will have 3 different bars, one for health, obviously, and it will be red.

The mana or power bar (which we call magic) is bright blue.

And about a month ago, we changed the color and name of our "stamina" bar to the "energy" bar and from yellow in color to florescent green.  We obtained a sponsor and we can say that there will be certain "MD potions" that will help restore your energy.  We can also clue you in that this energy "MD potion" is more recognized in todays world as a very popular soft drink.

More on this and much more in the weeks to come!

Holy Shit!  That's brilliant!  You and your "Team" came up with this 3 bar Health, Magic, Energy scheme?  God damn that's revolutionary!

Keep up the good work fellas!
  • XyangXyang Member Posts: 216

Originally posted by RyuukoGo

I do want to make it clear however, that I will not respond to any questions or responses that have negative or insulting tone to them.  Please ask your questions in a productive manner if you want to be answered. 

What exactly is an insulting tone... is " I'll believe it when  I see it"  insulting?

There are a few upcoming and soon to be released MMORPG's that are/were supposed to attract millions of players they had a lot of hype about them but...to put it bluntly..they suck.

How is your MMORPG going to be different say..from L2,WoW,Archlord,Vanguard.

What are you going to do to keep out botters/farmers?

Saying that you'll believe it when you see it is not insulting in the slightest.  We want you all to see it, and we will show you plenty very soon.  Before we show you too much however, we still have lawyers that need to finish a few copyright procedures and we need a name for our new mmo, as well as a website.  This will all be complete in the near future.

We have plenty to offer as differences between the current offerings of mmorpgs today.  Mobs that "learn" from players and interact with players individually as I described in my original post certainly will be different.  No mmo that I know of allows the players forever shape the worlds dungeons either.  There is plenty more and we plan on announcing all our plans soon once more copyrights are stamped in place!

We will combat farmers easily.  No mobs will respawn in the same place after they die.  A new mob might respawn nearby, but it could be as a chicken or dog!  We firmly believe that this tactic will stop camping/farming problems as those players will be forced to search for their "spawn kills".

sa

Hail to you and good luck to your team! I'm a small game developper myself, (only small because of lack of ressources) i must say you have some really interesting idea down there. I'll make sure to follow the progress of your game, not only as a player: But also as a small team who might be able to help you out in certain area of the game with our 10 years+ experience.

KEEP GOING, AND DON'T LISTEN THOSE LOOSERS WHO CAN'T SEE PAST THEIR NOSES!

What deserves to be done, deserves to be "well" done...

Here is an old screeny that we dug up from just messing around trying to implement our basic avatar into the world we have developed.  Please keep in mind that we haven't got to the part where we will be putting everything together yet.  We just aren't that far along yet.  And when we get that far, then you can certainly expect much more dynamic screenshots.

img219.imageshack.us/img219/9003/beachpj0.jpg
  • wolftamerwolftamer Member Posts: 29

i would definitly love to be the first one in this game too, and what im wanting the most is a forum specificly for this game

because i still love Asheron's Call and thought about going back many times (and may still) but if you setup a way to let some of us know when a website and/or forum is up, it'd be great

have anything setup now? like IRC chatroom for example?

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869

Here is an old screeny that we dug up from just messing around trying to implement our basic avatar into the world we have developed.  Please keep in mind that we haven't got to the part where we will be putting everything together yet.  We just aren't that far along yet.  And when we get that far, then you can certainly expect much more dynamic screenshots.

I can see the concept. It has a very AC feel to it. Looks like a very early picture with little detail. From that pics point you sure have a long ways to go. Still keeping the passion and endurance will be the key. I will watch closely to see if you keep it up (and post your progress here) or fade away.

It's always a good thing to have a goal.
  • BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,026
    Originally posted by rpgmachine

Originally posted by Brainy 

... in UO its the same thing 1 in 20 servers and its still dead?  Doesnt seem so in demand from that perspective huh, otherwise maybe there would be more FFA PVP servers and they would be full and not dead?
    Just have to run the math, its really not that difficult.

I could log into several old school UO EMU servers that have literally thousands of online players right now...FFA PvP is alive and kicking and always will be.

The problem with PvP in MMO's currently is that games are trying to combine a concept rooted in player skill and tactics with the traditional PvE concept of loot based gaming. When decent MMO's that revolve around player skill are developed, the genre will become far more appealing to the FPS crowd as well as the existing MMO PvP communities.

Apparently, there are over 85,000 players simultaneously playing Counter-Strike at any point in time...not to mention the plethora of other successful skill based PVP games out there. Games like the Battlefield series have already combined an RPG progress element of unlocking new weapons and skills to huge success. The math is pretty clear to me...good PvP games are in HUGE demand.

Only time will tell if the MMO developers are willing to break the chain of EQ and upcoming WoW clones and invest the time and resources into producing the next gen of PvP MMO's, but until then I'll guess we'll have to make do with the half arsed shreds of hope that people like the OP provide. Peace.

I think you missed the point.  I said FFA PVP, not just PVP.  Good point with Counter-Strike but you are proving my point not yours.  Counterstrike like WoW and ever single successful PVP game to date are all Concentual PVP based.  Meaning pvp at your convienence or timetable.  You can still play Counter-Strike against the CPU which is PVE?  You can play WoW against the CPU which is PVE?  Niether of these are you forced to PVP at any point until you are ready to do so.  Additionally an important part of that same dynamic is that PVP is taking place against other players at approximately the same level and equipment.

Its not like you are playing against some grey armored newbs 40 levels below you, and griefing them so they quit the game.  That isnt even really pvp to me, but the FFA PVPers oooooo so like that.  Which again is why I will say that no FFA PVP game will ever be successful. EVER

If you are trying to say that PVP based games are successful then yes I would absolutely agree with you and there is absolutely tons and tons of evidence to support that PVP games are and can still be successful.  Just not FFA PVP.

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726

do garage games even stand a chance against todays big guns?

Does david bowman now teach how to make shell mmo companys?seems like theres bean a few springing up.
    you do know eve online was a garage game, right? i would say its a "big gun"
  • n2k3156n2k3156 Member Posts: 523
    GL in your endeavor.

You'll have my support when you can show us something genuinely concrete, otherwise all you have is just a good idea.

NGE Refugee.

• mrbloodfiendmrbloodfiend Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Elnator

No offense here but I'll believe it when I see it.  There have been so many 'next UO's' touted about the industry that I have just flat out stopped believing that anyone is capable of pulling such a feat off.

I do wish you luck with your project, however. 

The people who are capable dont take risk (Sony, MS, EA, etc.). They have the resources to do truly innovative and interesting games that are on the cutting edge but would rather duplicate successful titles that are stupid (WoW, EQ, etc.). They could spend money for a very dynamic world on the order of UO but wont take the risk.

The people who will take the risk dont have the resources, number of employees and usually the experience to do it successfully. Shadowbane being the biggest example of that. The big guys are risk adversed. The little guys love risk but dont know what they are getting into.

• HoodedmanxHoodedmanx Member Posts: 8
    Could you please add character housing. i want something of ownership so that we have something more to fight for.
  • tummblertummbler Member UncommonPosts: 267

I like the mountain dew sponsorship idea you have there. Discreet sponsorship is the key though. And Ive been waiting for a mmorpg with crafting at as much of cornerstone as you say this one is. !!!!BEST OF LUCK!!!!

p.s. Some of the repliers stated that it is unprofessional to quote your financial statures at this point in your business. But it is a very good idea in my book seeing how pessimistic the lot of the mmorpg community is after seeing vaporware/dissapointment time after time. And i believe posting in these forums is also an essential part of a business savvy in your branch to take into such high esteem. HardCore gamers(which alot of the time are part of an web based community - aka mmorpg.com) are indeed at the center of a MMORPG and determine the success of mmorpgs.

YAY.

----------
    nogold.org....

• damond5031damond5031 Member UncommonPosts: 445
    I smell something fishy going on here, I have an idea that someone is sitting in front of a  computer right now laughing thier ass off about all the interest thier fake game has garnered on the mmorpg forums.. I could be wrong but I don't think so.
  • MW2KMW2K Member UncommonPosts: 1,036

Here is an old screeny that we dug up from just messing around trying to implement our basic avatar into the world we have developed. Please keep in mind that we haven't got to the part where we will be putting everything together yet. We just aren't that far along yet. And when we get that far, then you can certainly expect much more dynamic screenshots.

You mention you have investors, sprite and 3D artists, etc, for this venture. But, you can't use your own site or server to host your pictures yet? No company uses imageshack to host *anything*.

Call it a trivial point if you will, but it's one that stands out to me.

Originally posted by Ulujain

Here is an old screeny that we dug up from just messing around trying to implement our basic avatar into the world we have developed. Please keep in mind that we haven't got to the part where we will be putting everything together yet. We just aren't that far along yet. And when we get that far, then you can certainly expect much more dynamic screenshots.

You mention you have investors, sprite and 3D artists, etc, for this venture. But, you can't use your own site or server to host your pictures yet? No company uses imageshack to host *anything*.

Call it a trivial point if you will, but it's one that stands out to me.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!   We have a winner!

Hey MassivePvP,  why don't  you spend some of that so called 3 million (lol) on trying to become at least semi professional.  I don't know what pisses me off more...This ass-hat who's feeding us this bullshit or you game starved knuckleheads who believe it
  • Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Okay everyone. The fishy part has produced more results then the believable parts. Especially after I took a look at the supposed "screen shot" of their game. It looked VERY familiar to me. I bought a game making BASIC programming language a few years back called "Dark Basic". VERY GOOD program too, if you know how to program in BASIC language, you can make some pretty good games with it pretty easily.

Anyhow, take a look at this demo/game featured on the "Dark Basic" website itself...

http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/?m=showcase_view&i=69

Sorry to break the bad news people, because it almost seemed like some good ideas for an mmo. :-(

- Zaxx