Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I Play This?

nickynicky Member Posts: 9

I Was Looking At The Game Website And I Thought It Looked Quite Good But I Didnt Want To Download It As It May be A Waste Of Time If I Dont Like It.

So I Thought Id ask On Here And Find Out How Great it is From People Actually Playing it. Id Like To Find Out About The Battle System And How The General Gameplay Is So If Anyone Could help Then Id Really Be Grateful!

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    By The Time You Received An Anwser Here, You Could Have Already Downloaded The Game And See For Yourself. Only You Can Decide If The Game Is Fun Or Not. I Had A Blast Playing It For 2 Years. So Just Give It a Go.

On A Sidenot, Most People Only Type Capitals At The Start Of A Sentence

• JoesmoeJoesmoe Member Posts: 17

AnOtHeR pOsT says the economy is like Good SWG.

Is this true (i.e., automatic harvesting and player based economy and a excellent crafting system and sugar plums and brown paper packages tied up with string? PLEASE!? PLEASE!?)

Im sorry, I just miss SWG... *sniff*

• Navi032592Navi032592 Member Posts: 79

I will just tell you,for now just play Ragnarok Online,when Ragnarok Online 2 starts then switch..!! See ya!!

• wojtrosinskiwojtrosinski Member Posts: 4
    Yes you should play RO . It's cool game. Nice players, nice graphic and nice items .
    If you will play this you won't change game fast

• gpkyogpkyo Member Posts: 20
    you should try it Ive tried it i quit after 6 months,lvl 99 cool, thought there should be something for lvl 99 to do but it turns out u just kill people and farm, just like other mmorpg guild war was only fun the first 5 times u play it, party is so boring everyone just beats down one guy in a split second, then switch to another. but it was really fun from lvl 1-70 if you know where to go exactly and people to help u. that reminds me of the times in diablo2 where someone just rushes me to hell and i build a new character otherwise i wouldnt have created 3 other characters and quited this game on the third month.

• duppesmduppesm Member Posts: 5

I recommend this game alot. This game is what got me into the world of MMOs, before this game i didnt even know online games existed.  I played this starting from about 5 years ago in the japanese open beta which lasted for a couple of months. It was great. Although I couldnt level a character above level 60ish because it got so tiresome and you would have to play a whole day to get 1 level, I would make many characters because the classes are all different, and the different builds for each of the classes were really nice.

Dont expect a WoW, FFXI, EQ, or something on those lines with box prices and huge projects. If you just want to have fun screwing around instead of going hardcore, I think you'll like RO. I still sometimes come back to RO when Im bored.

• KenobeeKenobee Member Posts: 32

Hi.

Hate to steal your thread Nicky but would rather make it in this post than make another thread. :S

I used to play RO about 2-3 years ago. I then left for L2 with my mates, moved to WoW when that came out too. Suffice it to say, I quit the garbage and decided to try RO out again until Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning hits the scene, and I was wondering a few things.

Here goes;

1. What major content has RO gone through in 2 years?
    2. How many people still play? And if so which is best server to start over on? (iRO ofc)
    3. Is everyone a bot now? :/
    4. Is it really worth playing this game, i.e. will I be able to get into the events this game has in reasonable time.

Originally posted by Kenobee

Hi.

Hate to steal your thread Nicky but would rather make it in this post than make another thread. :S

I used to play RO about 2-3 years ago. I then left for L2 with my mates, moved to WoW when that came out too. Suffice it to say, I quit the garbage and decided to try RO out again until Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning hits the scene, and I was wondering a few things.

Here goes;

1. What major content has RO gone through in 2 years?
    Lots of content has been added. new classes, LOTS  of new areas, new monsters, new weapons, new cards. lots of things added.
    2. How many people still play? And if so which is best server to start over on? (iRO ofc)
    quite a lot of people, didn't really drop a lot.
    3. Is everyone a bot now? :/
    Nope
    4. Is it really worth playing this game, i.e. will I be able to get into the events this game has in reasonable time.
    Yes, in a few months. Get yourself a weapon with hydra and mummy cards and a reasonable level and you should be just fine.

• KenobeeKenobee Member Posts: 32
    Thanks mate, appreciate the answer!

• ByromByrom Member Posts: 236
    no
  • KaibyakuKaibyaku Member Posts: 65
    This game has been refined to its absolute prime. Its as fine and crystal clear as it ever will be. Its a solid, basic, fun MMORPG. I played this game in the open beta and kept playing for about 3 or so years after that. This game is awesome, and I only hope its predecessor Ragnarok Online 2, is just as good. Its a good game for any MMO fan, and its good for the casual gamer.

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

I like the new sample movies for RO2.  The music is really catchy and makes the heart beat.  It uses violins really well which is so rarely done nowadays.

On RO1, its getting better every 6 months.  Before when it was in international town updates it got boring fast, but after CJ internet took over its been a turn for the better.  The last crap update was Advanced Second Job Classes.  It was originally intended by the designers to make the cap 150, and offer 3rd classes; but if they did that, people would get to 150 too quickly (Samsung's decision).  So they did a cope out move and made advanced second classes with 2 new skills, you have to reset your level to 1 and all you get is new clothing color.  Thats when CJ Internet bought out Samsung.  Now we got new sprites for those classes and alot more skills. 

The rescent updates are getting better too.  Ever since Episode 10.1 and 10.2 the game has been getting better to play.  You notice the grind less and less.  There are roughly 20 new quests per update.  There is Bio-Labs which makes it so being in a party is rewarding and challenging.  All the monsters in Bio-Labs are worth 100k exp and need a party to take down.  Also they are stealable for such tough beasts making any class useful in a party.  Like this type of party, 2 bards, 1 dancer, 1 priest, rest Blacksmiths and Alchemist.  Bard uses Impressive rift, and dancer bard pair double the exp.  Then the 6 blacksmiths and alchemist use thier buffs to increase stuff for axe/mace type weapons and jump the monster with the priest for 150% more exp.  So you end up getting 500k exp from 1 monster, making each person in the party get as much exp as a 2 man party.  Then there are some new quests that are kinda hard but very rewarding (1 million exp, and 100-500k zenny).  Ohh and some of the new monsters are nice to level on like Metalrings.

In the Noghalt update 10.3 there were alot of new fun things.  First Taekwon is just wow.  Alone they suck, but as a group of 5 or more they are godly with kihop and stuff.  Then they have thier kicks making them dynamic.  Like have 5 kick stances on at the same time, and when one comes up bamm click the hotkey, waste 2 sp for a 250%-400% damage with a status effect.  Its hard though cause you have to know which one to use, like if you have a roundhouse kick and misclick to heel drop, you lose the kick.  Then the other 2 classes are also pretty fun.  Soul Linker is awesome for parties.  The spirit form adds some effects that are cool to be in.

They also added in cooking into the game.  Its like blacksmithing though :/.  I wish they would make it like trade skills in other games and rank it.  Still the stuff you can cook are great.  Wahahahaha 205 str is possible.

Then there are the mid-level dungeons that are like biolabs, Thanatos Tower and the Dragon Den thingy.  They also added some difficult quests.  I am on 1 right now where I have to find someone in Thanatos Tower after I spent about 20 hours on it already.  I think its the last part though.  Still the monsters in Thanatos are so difficult to try and go it alone, even as a rogue hiding.  The reward from what I read is awesome, a new mask and oodles of exp.

Anyways ya I would try it again.  The next update adds even more.  Estimated to hit the US in March.  With Ninjas and Gunslingers and a new town.

Edit- Gravity is really making thier presence known as the fourth highest grossing mmo publishing company after CJ Internet took over.  They donated 9 million dollars(about as much as EVE makes in a year) to Perpetual Games to help them finish Gods and Heroes.  Also all the existing games are getting revamps.  RO has the updates after Episode 10, and ROSE just for ROSE Evolution which from what I hear is a huge update that changed the very mechanics of the game.  They also are about to release a pleathora of new games.  Time N Tales, Requiem Online, Ragnarok Online 2, Paper Boy, That other one that looks like Xeno Saga, and Stylia. All slated for a 2006-2007 release in Korea.

On a side note, did the International (iro)  server got replaced? I myself am from europe, and a few years ago (about 2 or so) I could play on iro just fine, without any lag. Now, I get a 1 second delay, which hurts a lot, so I'm forced to play on EuRO (not that there is anything wrong with EURo, but over 60% of the community is german, and most of them downright refuse to speak english, most of them don't even try)

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440
    You are experiencing the results of more people in the US connecting to the internet, and the US government refusing to update 50 year old lines which is part of one of the government agencies here.  I forget which one.  Since George Bush is too busy making a mess in order to cause press.  Effectively wasting all our tax payer dollars from public works to something that shouldn't have happened in the first place.

• eXmeeXme Member Posts: 19
    no

• zeroxp415zeroxp415 Member Posts: 9
    i ahve never played this game before i want to download it because all
    my friends play but, i dono if it is fun tho can u guys give me some
    info on how fun is this? or some background information so that will
    have me playing too

wz

• mpogamermpogamer Member Posts: 10
    Play this game, trust me. I know. You just have to get use to it, and it's easy to get use to this game. Very recommended.

Love Ragnarok Online. Waiting for RO2.

• microburstmicroburst Member Posts: 15
    RO is fun to play, lots of maps and monsters to interact with.
  • xxbooxxxxbooxx Member Posts: 15
    omg my friend plays this game he is obsessed

Boo