Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

my friend told me how to make money in eu

lorddeath101lorddeath101 Member UncommonPosts: 315

He told me and show me where monster do this weirds thing , they go to water to die .

He said that if you stand in the monster way , it won't touch you .

and told me that I only need to use 1 bullet to kill in the monster head.

and what weapon to buy to shoot short range.

and told me that you can get 9 sweat vials before you shoot it.

I actually saw my friend gather the sweats from the monster and then kill the monster with one head shot.

this is a true event. i wish I had my web cam working to prove it.

Comments

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788
    ITS ALL A LIE AND A SCAM!!!!
  • lorddeath101lorddeath101 Member UncommonPosts: 315

It is so true.

these monster really did go to water to die.

their hit point was only 1 .

anyone could have killed them if they know where the location where the monster go to die. 

• Nimr0d23Nimr0d23 Member Posts: 58
    Maybe something is true in the first post. I saw many times at the west
    side of Atlas some mobs go directly to the water, then die in the
    water. Maybe missing AI?

• GrauhaarGrauhaar Member Posts: 10

Most mobs cannot live in water for more than 1 minute or so. Nevertheless, they try to cross rivers, and they follow you when aggrevated.

It's a common tactic to flee into the water when you can't kill the mob. However, I did not find a way to get loot from the drowned bodies. And since EU is a commercial game (although you can play it a long time without spending money), it is not very likely to have any easy means of making money.

i  did not say  player can loot    monster  who  r in water .

i say  i block them from going to water .   one hit  shot.

thne loot  the body.  

• paige/traderpaige/trader Member Posts: 6

maybe it is

LawL azz :D

• chillybeanchillybean Member Posts: 9
    hehe many ways to make money in eu many ways to lose as well ;)
  • DobbinDobbin Member Posts: 35

Only Four ways to make money in EU.

1- You played since Beta / Pre Gold

2- Scamming

3- Reselling / Trading

4- Uninstall it and put your money in a Jar

• fredypenguinfredypenguin Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Dobbin

2- Scamming
    3- Reselling / Trading

lol ......so true

Bringing the truth,
    Fredy

• KlodvigKlodvig Member Posts: 22

2- Scamming
    3- Reselling / Trading

I would like to add a few ways to make money and adjust the beta option a bit. Still I suggest that if u are intrested in trying out Eu, but dont have a lot of money to invest or have the skill to trade u schould concentrate on trying out  EU like a regular game and make ur own opinion about it. I any way the trying is the only way acctually. If u dont like it I suggest u follow option 4, unistall the game, put the money in the jar and admit it wasnt a game u could handle due to some reasons. Nu use to listen to trolls for opinions.

In order to make money out of beta u have to collect a good amount of items and hold them for 4 years without selling them. + Spend a good amount ingame to get a advantage in skill level. That way u would have been rich and its a nail in the eye for many.

U can also come up with an innovative idea within the game and try to earn ur living that way. Like events to use my self as example. Not making much of money from it but a little. For ur knowledge, Im a player who dont deposit on regular basis, I acctually dont need to depo since I have a functional economy with EU, I do it occationally though to support the game and if I have a little something extra over I could buy something more intresting in vl than in rl. Been playing since early 2005. Have aprox 125k skills. I would consider myself as someone who know a lot about EU. I dont see my self withdrawing the cash I have ingame either since I enjoy having them there and I dont miss them in rl.

Scamming is a way but anyone considering that is . I dont think its that profitable either, not in the long run its more a annoyance for the players. The real problem is the account hackers who hack accounts of players without gold cards. It happens, a bit less the last few months though.

U can also invest in a landarea or similar estates in EU and few seem to have been dissapointed with that. That costs a LOT though.

There is one more way to do it but its hard and require dicipline. Play hard and only skill one area. Create a buissnes conected to the area u have skilled in and advertise ur shop/service. Its possible, hunting is the hardest one to do this in. Crafting is the most expensive as a start. With mining any idiot can survive on a 100usd depo for years if they just sell it for market price and stay away from wasting there money on areas they dont master.

The main reason ppl loose in EU is  that they think they can make money by just having fun and spend no or little thought behind their actions. They approach EU like any other game and scream when they notice they cant surive this way. Hmm a little like going all in on every hand... Max exicitment all the time.

Ohh well

Any idiot can critizise but few idiots can critizise well or with style

• JackFreeJackFree Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by fredypenguin

2- Scamming
    3- Reselling / Trading

lol ......so true

I agree... up to a point. It all depends on how you spend your money and how much you are willing to risk.

One thing to remember though, EU is the only game that allows you to take your real money back out of the game. Like you said in another thread Fredy, you are selling out because you don't like EU anymore. That means that you can sell all your items to other players and withdraw real money to your bank account. Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no other game that allow for that possibility.

So lets say you spent 2 years in EU, and lets assume you are one of the smart ones and never depositied more than $20 per month. After 2 years you will have spent $480 (for 2 years of entertainment). Now lets say you have accumulated, a few sets of armor, weapons, and other gear, maybe an apartment and some furnishings. Nothing fancy since you only spent $20 per month. When you decide to quit, you sell everything you have, lets say you have accumulated  just 3k PED worth of stuff which is not very hard to do. That is $300 that you can take out of EU and put back in your pocket. In the end you spent $180 for 2 years of entertainment. If you played it smart you should be able to at the very least break even.

That example is very real, I have accumulated over 6k PED (market value) in "stuff" (not counting 40K in skill) in just over one year, without spending much more.

Of course if you spend thousands of real dollars to buy over-priced virtual armor and weapons in the hopes of hitting the jackpot, I wish you good luck, you will need

If you play EU with a bit of common sense, you will not be dissapoointed. Remember, noone is going to give you money for nothing. You are paying for a service, the only difference to other games is that you can choose what to pay, from $0 to $10 000...and beyond.

Cheers

[edit]What Klodvig said is right on the money! [/edit]

Well , when the time will come , you will sell out and olny after your money are back in your bank account you will realize how much you lost  after all taxes.  

I have my money back safe in my bank account so I have completed the whole process of selling out and one thing I can tell you : MA don't like ppl leaving their MSM (money sucking machine).  So they will do it harder and harder to sell out

Right now there are ppl still trapped inside the game willing to sell out but for this they need many ESI (Empty Skill Implant)  in order to transfer their skills before selling. MA don't let enough ESI to drop from mobs and that's why the few ESI in auction now have insane prices. In short , if they want to sell out they must deposit again more money to buy many ESI , transfer the skills on ESI using the inserter (a tool used to transfer skills into ESI) which will decay very fast, and then to put ESI  in auction trying to sell them and after  they will pay again auction % for selling them. Then again more % they have to pay when transfer the money back to their banc account.

Bringing the truth,

Fredy

Bringing the truth,
    Fredy

• AtaraAtara Member Posts: 5

FredyPinguin,

I test out several MMORPG's in the last couple of years.

I see you basking on EU in all threads now. If you don't like it don't play it!

Entropia can be free , it will go very slow , but I know quite some non-depositors who can sell out and send a couple of 100$ to their bank account after one year playing. (Do you know any other game  you can do that?)

So they don't need to depost cash, no monthly fee.

Off-course if you want to hunt very big monsters of if you want and upper class armor and clothes ingame it will cost you a lot.

But you really don't need that to enjoy the game.

If you goto a garage for a car, there are cheap and expensive cars. Some ppl can afford the expensive car, some cannot. This doesnt mean that teh less-expensive car cant suit your needs.

If you only be happy with the most upper level things in life you stay very frustrated.

It's the same in entropia, yes there are upper class ppl there who can afford more than others, just like in real life.

I'm playing for over more than a year now, I enjoy it A LOT! I depost a fixed ammount of $ every month. I can do all what I want to do, I have time to grow in the game.

Allthough I also hope to get a huge loot someday,

If I would stop playing now, and I cash-out, I would porbably have a loss. But who cares! I play it as entertainment, not to make profit. But at least i CAN cash out. Other MMORPG you lose your mothly fee 100%.

If you enjoy another MMORPG or any onther hobby, it will cost ya.

You have a complete control about the ammount of money spend, no fixed monthly fee.

And offcourse MindArk is making money, that is what its' all about isn't it, You think Blizzard, sony or any other entertainment company would continue a 'product' if they are making losses?

There are worso thing than death,... I can do all of them.

Originally posted by Atara

FredyPinguin,
    Entropia can be free , it will go very slow , but I know quite some non-depositors who can sell out and send a couple of 100$ to their bank account after one year playing. (Do you know any other game  you can do that?)

Off-course if you want to hunt very big monsters of if you want and upper class armor and clothes ingame it will cost you a lot.
    If you goto a garage for a car, there are cheap and expensive cars. Some ppl can afford the expensive car, some cannot. This doesnt mean that teh less-expensive car cant suit your needs.

If you only be happy with the most upper level things in life you stay very frustrated.
    It's the same in entropia, yes there are upper class ppl there who can afford more than others, just like in real life.

I'm playing for over more than a year now, I enjoy it A LOT! I depost a fixed ammount of $ every month. I can do all what I want to do, I have time to grow in the game.
    If I would stop playing now, and I cash-out, I would porbably have a loss. But who cares! I play it as entertainment, not to make profit. But at least i CAN cash out. Other MMORPG you lose your mothly fee 100%.

You have a complete control about the ammount of money spend, no fixed monthly fee.
    And offcourse MindArk is making money, that is what its' all about isn't it, You think Blizzard, sony or any other entertainment company would continue a 'product' if they are making losses?

Hi Atara,

if you read my post here you will see that I no longer play EU bacause I don't  like anymore what MA did from it, this was too much , nerfing VU anfter VU . 

EU it is a skill based game and I when I joined I set up some personal goals . MA started to nerf one by one : amplifiers, skill gain, ESI, shopkeepers, mobs AI , the peds from the loot and so on.

So EU it is a skill based game , right? When MA nerf the skill gain how do you feel about this? Well I didn't feel good to see that my goals are no longer duable in months instead now it will take years !!!!!!!! So now it will take much longer time to reach my goals because of the skill gain nerfing. This means i have to deposit much more $ just because MA nerfed the game and they will continue to nerf it from all directions. Well this is something I am not confortable with so I sold out now before it is too late. Your skill now will be deavluate by MA so your hard working skill won't have so much value because MA didn't make this game so you can sell out and really make profit. I am not even sure you will cash out 70% of what you deposited, but maybe you are confortable with this

Enjoy

Fredy 

Bringing the truth,
    Fredy

• AtaraAtara Member Posts: 5

FredyPinguin,

Hi Atara,

if you read my post here you will see that I no longer play EU bacause I don't  like anymore what MA did from it, this was too much , nerfing VU anfter VU . 

EU it is a skill based game and I when I joined I set up some personal goals . MA started to nerf one by one : amplifiers, skill gain, ESI, shopkeepers, mobs AI , the peds from the loot and so on.

So EU it is a skill based game , right? When MA nerf the skill gain how do you feel about this? Well I didn't feel good to see that my goals are no longer duable in months instead now it will take years !!!!!!!! So now it will take much longer time to reach my goals because of the skill gain nerfing. This means i have to deposit much more $ just because MA nerfed the game and they will continue to nerf it from all directions. Well this is something I am not confortable with so I sold out now before it is too late. Your skill now will be deavluate by MA so your hard working skill won't have so much value because MA didn't make this game so you can sell out and really make profit. I am not even sure you will cash out 70% of what you deposited, but maybe you are confortable with this

Enjoy

Fredy 

Hello,

To he honest, I really don't care how much I can withdraw if I ever stop playing.

I'm not an Entropian to make money, I'm there because I have fun.

I can agree, if ppl start playing Entropia with the goal of making easy money they are wrong.

If would be to good to be true. And we all know if something is to good to be true, ... wel it usually is

My goals are not getting skilled as the Warrants ubers, I'm just having fun , that's it. (I would indeed get frustrated if those were my goals)

They are playing for a long time and they get rewarded for all the time they put in.

It's like when you bought Microsoft shares in the eighties, you have pretty good 'profit' nowaday's.

If Microsoft wasn't a success they could loose their money.

If you buy Microsoft shares today , you can still profit (or lose) tthe risc is less, but can never gain as much anymore.

So ppl that are buying now (if I follow your vision) can blame the economy or Microsoft for not gaining as much money anymore...

Same in Entropia , If they put in all their time (and a lot of money) they just get rewarded now. , If you wan't to be on their level it will cost you a shitload of PEDs' ($$$) to get there.

There are worso thing than death,... I can do all of them.

FredyPinguin,

Hi Atara,

Enjoy

Fredy 

Hello,

To he honest, I really don't care how much I can withdraw if I ever stop playing.

I'm not an Entropian to make money, I'm there because I have fun.

I can agree, if ppl start playing Entropia with the goal of making easy money they are wrong.

If would be to good to be true. And we all know if something is to good to be true, ... wel it usually is

My goals are not getting skilled as the Warrants ubers, I'm just having fun , that's it. (I would indeed get frustrated if those were my goals)

They are playing for a long time and they get rewarded for all the time they put in.

It's like when you bought Microsoft shares in the eighties, you have pretty good 'profit' nowaday's.

If Microsoft wasn't a success they could loose their money.

If you buy Microsoft shares today , you can still profit (or lose) tthe risc is less, but can never gain as much anymore.

So ppl that are buying now (if I follow your vision) can blame the economy or Microsoft for not gaining as much money anymore...

Same in Entropia , If they put in all their time (and a lot of money) they just get rewarded now. , If you wan't to be on their level it will cost you a shitload of PEDs' ($$$) to get there.

This is my point , the general from Warrants spent 4 years to reach the lvl he is now but now after MA nerfed the game a beginner would need at least 7-8 years in order to reach his lvl.

My goal was not to reach his lvl , I just wanted to max my MK V and didn't expect this to hapen in less than one year . Before MA nerfed the skill gain I was +7 k in rifle and all these in a little over 1 year of hunting hard core between 6-8 h daily. So after my calculations I would have been maxed out my MK V in about 2 years.  

But MA didn't like the idea that soon they will have an army of ppl who maxed out their weapons and will hunt economicaly so they nerfed the skill gain in order to slow us down , make us spend more money for same amount of skills.

Enjoy

Fredy

Bringing the truth,
    Fredy

Well , when the time will come , you will sell out and olny after your money are back in your bank account you will realize how much you lost  after all taxes.  
    I have my money back safe in my bank account so I have completed the whole process of selling out and one thing I can tell you : MA don't like ppl leaving their MSM (money sucking machine).  So they will do it harder and harder to sell out
    Right now there are ppl still trapped inside the game willing to sell out but for this they need many ESI (Empty Skill Implant)  in order to transfer their skills before selling. MA don't let enough ESI to drop from mobs and that's why the few ESI in auction now have insane prices. In short , if they want to sell out they must deposit again more money to buy many ESI , transfer the skills on ESI using the inserter (a tool used to transfer skills into ESI) which will decay very fast, and then to put ESI  in auction trying to sell them and after  they will pay again auction % for selling them. Then again more % they have to pay when transfer the money back to their banc account.
    Bringing the truth,
    Fredy
    Come on Fredy, you really expect to come out even or with a profit? Do you expect any other game to give you any of your investment back??? EU is the only one that allows you to take anything with you when you quit. Be happy that you can take anything out at all! Noone forced you to deposit the money you did.

You paid for a service, and were allowed to determine your own price, now you expect to make money selling out because you paid too much???

The fact that ESIs are so expensive is the fault of resellers, not MA. You can also thank the resellers that drive up the price of skills, especially when you are selling out. It takes a bit of work to sell everything, I agree, but please someone answer my simple question...

what other game allows you to sell all your ingame items and skills and then withdraw the earning to your real life bank account???

I would be interested to see how much you are worth in PED, and how much you deposited.

Cheers

Hi Atara,
    Enjoy
    Fredy

Once again, if you can take 70% of what you put into EU back out again, how is this a bad thing? Even 50%, 30%, 10% anything is better than what you can take out of any other game.

I am very comfortable with this.

Cheers

Originally posted by JackFree

Hi Atara,
    Enjoy
    Fredy

Once again, if you can take 70% of what you put into EU back out again, how is this a bad thing? Even 50%, 30%, 10% anything is better than what you can take out of any other game.

I am very comfortable with this.

Cheers

lol ....if you play another game online you deposit , let's say 15 $ monthly after 1 year you spent 180 $ for entertaiment. Now if you play EU and you transfer same amount of money NO1 can guarantee you will have your money back. If you do a mistakea and your accounts gets locked what you will have back? NOTHING ! 

One more aspect , it would be very heavy to have fun in EU with 15 $ monthly if you are a harcore gamer and have time to play almost every day.

In EU you can piss your 15 $ from some miutes to let's say 2 weeks max. What are going to do the rest 2 weeks untill the next deposit? Chat ?  no skills

Sweat ? too boring after several months

Enjoy EU  

Bringing the truth,
    Fredy

lol ....if you play another game online you deposit , let's say 15 $ monthly after 1 year you spent 180 $ for entertaiment. Now if you play EU and you transfer same amount of money NO1 can guarantee you will have your money back. If you do a mistakea and your accounts gets locked what you will have back? NOTHING ! 
    if you play another game you spend $15 per month... no chance of getting any of it back, why should you its all just for entertainment.

if you play EU you spend $15 per month ...you have a chance to take some of it out again and you still have entertainment.

If you break the rules in another game you will get locked out... no refund!

if you break the rules in EU you will get locked out... why would you expect a refund???

Fredy, if you send me $1000, there is a possibilty that I will send $2000 back to you. How about it? Sound like a quick way to make some money? Would you be upset if I did not send you $2000? Or would you kick yourself in the butt for confusing "possibility" with "guarantee"...

Cheers

if you play another game you spend $15 per month... no chance of getting any of it back, why should you its all just for entertainment.

if you play EU you spend $15 per month ...you have a chance to take some of it out again and you still have entertainment.

if you break the rules in EU you will get locked out... why would you expect a refund???

Fredy, if you send me $1000, there is a possibilty that I will send $2000 back to you. How about it? Sound like a quick way to make some money? Would you be upset if I did not send you $2000? Or would you kick yourself in the butt for confusing "possibility" with "guarantee"...

Cheers

Ok, so what guarantee, MA gives to you ? You don't even own any  items in EU, even if they are in your inventory ! Read carefully entropia Universe EULA !  

Bringing the truth,
    Fredy

Cheers

Ok, so what guarantee, MA gives to you ? You don't even own any  items in EU, even if they are in your inventory ! Read carefully entropia Universe EULA !  

MA does not give any guarantee, why should we expect one??? You are not making sense, why should MA handle your deposits any differently than other games handle their monthly subscriptions??? The only difference is that you choose how much to pay in EU, other games have a set fee.

The EULA is very clear in my opinion, and everyone who is playing EU agreed to play by those rules. If you do not agree with the EULA, you should not be playing EU.

It all comes down to the fact that people expect to make money playing EU, and not because MA say you will make money.  It is possible, that is all that MA say.

I have read the EULA, unlike many people who play EU. I agree to the rules laid down in it. If I do something that is against the rules, I can expect to get locked out. Sounds pretty resonable to me.

It is only a game, it is supposed to be fun. I guess the fun ends when you sink $12,000 into it in only 16 months. 

The point that should be made to people to inform them about EU is that you are free to choose how to play, how much to spend and most important, if you should play at all.

Spreading the truth?

Here are some truths:

1. You can play EU with a monthly deposit of what any other game charges.

2. The best thing about EU is that it is FREE

3. You can actually do things that earn you money (not alot, and very boring activity) without depositing. Esentially getting "free" money.

4. You can take your money back out of EU.

5. You can play and pay as much or as little as you want.

The rest is up to you, you decide if you want to spend $20 or $2 000, just don't be upset when you do not become rich playing EU.

At the end of the day it is just a game... I work for a living to pay bills, buy food, and maintain a certain standard of living for my family and I. That is real and important.

EU or any other MMO should be played for fun, at least that is how I see it.

Cheers

Well if EU it is "FREE" I expect to cash out AT LEAST the money I deposited, isn't that logic?

EU it is "FREE TO JOIN" ! But it isn't  quite free to play ! If you want fun then you have to deposit and then EU it is not a FREE game anymore, right? Even you , Jack, have to deposit in order to have fun .

Bringing the truth,
    Fredy

Ohh....Jack , let me tell you another truth:

The time will come when you will quit EU and then I wonder: will you just stop playing from one day to another or try to cash out some money you invested?

Probabbly you will try to cash out and in this case I can tell you won't be able to cash out not even 60% of your deposits. Why? because in order to sell your skills you need lots of ESI (Empty Skill Implant) ! And here come MA again controlling this by lowering the ESI drop rate which leads to inflated and overpriced ESI prices. Last week ESI prices were sold in auction with 1100-1200% but this week prices are 1300-1600% !!!

In the end you can not say that EU was a FREE game !

Call EU  a FREE game ONLY if you play for some weeks and you only sweat in that time !

Bringing the truth,
    Fredy

I AM BACK.