Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was thinking of coming back

joejccva71joejccva71 Member UncommonPosts: 848

I used to play over a year ago on Gareth as Alb. Highest character I had was a level 50 scout and had alot of fun, but got a little bored of it. Well there's nothing else to play really. I played Vanguard and LOTR beta, and both of those I don't think are very good at all so I was going to try to come back to DAOC once again.

Questions:

1 - What has changed in a year?
2 - I wanted to maybe try a different realm instead of Alb, which one and why?
3 - Based on the realm...which classes do you guys enjoy in PvP and why?
4 - Just basically looking for some good reasons to come back once again.

Thanks in advance friends!

Comments

• jeeperzjeeperz Member Posts: 71

I've played all realms and I  Hibs are still my favorite. 

Although with this last patch I am liking my Skald /Mid  better all the time.

There have been so many changes in the past  year - maybe peeking at the archives on the Camelotherald.com would be a better idea.  Just  the last  2 patches have been full of changs. 

I think the Toa changes were more than a year ago so you should be up to date on that.

The Labyrinth of the Minotaur is  huge.   That also brought a new race that is the same to all realms    Many complain that the Lab itself is too laggy - hoever I was just playing in there about an hour ago and had no troubles with lag -- the dang dragon in there was a stinker tho. Got  his remains tho - so I guess I won.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Not sure what things were like a year ago... I just came back in November...and the game was quite a bit different than when I left 2.5 yrs ago. Notable changes....

Bonus experience while leveling...  used to be 2X exp until recently...however you still can get 1.5 X exp in SI and Classic zones, and 2X exp in any RvR zone.

NPC Bards which will boost your speed all over the place.  Also NPCS which will teleport to most important areas in the realm (BG's, Frontier Keeps etc).  Personal Horses.... Bottom line, much reduced travel times....more time for fun.

No more long waits after dying in NF to rez and get back into the action... inside the BG's..the same...you just jump right back into the action.

Tinderboxes, which increase rates you regen mana, health and end drop from humaniod and other mobs in both SI and Classic at a good rate....I got 12 yesterday alone.... oh yes...you can regenerate those 3 things more quickly all the time...even while standing up...(casters love this)

Labyrith of course is new (I don't have it yet... but soon), crafting has been made easier/quicker.... the list goes on and on.....

As to the best class to play..that's really personal preference.  Since my return I've rolled a Light Eld, Bard to 49.5... a Ranger who just capped out of Molvik and is on his way to 49.5 (44.3 atm) and a 50 Vamp who reallly needs to quick slacking and work on his Champion levels...  I've enjoyed all of the classes and will focus on them going forward this year. (not much interest in being a Mauler, the new cow class

Speaking of those... Champ levels now go up to 10.. (was 5) but you'll need Laby expansion to do 6-10.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EuthorusEuthorus Member Posts: 491

As far as the class to choose - if you want an easy start/ restart, pet classes are great for mostly solo play and support classes are wonderful for getting groups.

I would consider either a Skald or Bonedancer on Midgard side

or

Cleric/Heretic or Minstrel on Alb side

or Vampiir or Druid on Hib side

as far as pure ownage I would say Bonedancers are carrying the torch atm - since the last patch they seem to take immense amount of firepower to take down, which in essense translates into relatively fast and trouble free levelling curve.

FUNCOM - putting the FUN in disFUNctional !

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Don't forget Theurigists on the Alb side... pretty tough casters..and those pets drive you crazy...

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• trooper347trooper347 Member UncommonPosts: 86

My thanks as well for the info about current gameplay.