Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, what new mmorpg ideas have you heard about?

I've read about ...

(a) Offline xps
(b) Item (weapons, etc) which gain experience

I'm hoping to see new techniques added to this game. A name only takes you so far (see SWG) and without some truely new mmorpg features it may simply become an also-ran after the initial interest wears off. The two items I've heard about (could be rumors only) have piqued my interest. What have you heard about?

Comments

• FhyreEnyceFhyreEnyce Member Posts: 23

Well If I read things properly the XP bar is gone.  Now killing endless mobs does not leave you with the grinding effect.  At this point when you kill, your skill increases.  I suppose they just exchanged the xp meter for a skill meter but I think it'll work out well.

Economy reflects the economy in middle earth.  midle earth uses silver/gold while elves utilize the gifting system.

Advancement through increasing stats and skills.

Choices made in game will affect the player.  Weight is given to moral choices either towards corrupt or good.

Utilizes private instancing.

Players can write books, letters , parchment as long as they can get the proper materials.

Mobs will drop realistic treasures.  Orc could carry anything while a warg would never carry a sword or armor.

If he Fire don't get ya then the Ice will.

Prophetess of Hour of the Gods
    Age of Conan Role Play Guild
    ~Ashaka Shemei

• FhyreEnyceFhyreEnyce Member Posts: 23
    oh, something else that escaped my memory.  food and drink are not required to persist but can add small buffs or bonus's.

If he Fire don't get ya then the Ice will.

Prophetess of Hour of the Gods
    Age of Conan Role Play Guild
    ~Ashaka Shemei

• GaleenGaleen Member Posts: 4
    Well hmmm new things for MEO. I know the no lvl but gaining skill from killing mob!  I don't thimk so anyone remember a game called UO. You dont need food and drink to survive but they will give small buffs. I like that and that would be new right ? No! It is that dam UO game again. You can make moralistic choices that will influence your character. I like that also... but wait that dam UO had that also.  I guess what I am saying is there is only so much you can add to mmmorpgs that has not been done in someway before. I am very happy though that someone has built on UO's path and not EQ. I have no idea how this game will do but I am waiting in hopes that it is a worthy game.

The book writing  was in UO also. The instanced dungeons is new but also being done by WOW, Guild Wars and EQ@ to name a few. It is not what is in the game that makes it but how the feratures flow and how captivating is the real game play. There are many good ideas here but the answer to whaty kind of game lies in the impolementation of the features. Oh and one last note if devs read this stuff. You have nice detailed graphics but the game could use slightly more vivid colors.

• RaylRayl Member Posts: 8
    I understand MEO will use Turbines AC2 engine and it's funny you should mention the lack of vivid colors. I had always thought that of AC2 and a bit lacking in the color department. I just figured that was the way they intended it to be unti ... I had a friend over that was running an ATI 9800 Pro AND an LCD with the DVI interface. The detail and colors 'popped'. like I had not seen them before (I was running a TI 9600 and non-dvi LCD). Perhaps that engine is so detailed driven that when it's run in a less than optimal environment the place looks a bit dull. Good news it 9800's and high quality LCDs are getting cheaper as timer passes.

• MerodocMerodoc Member Posts: 227
    I hope that everyone here visits www.middle-earthonline.com

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
    - Edward R. Murrow

I unfortunately don't  have an lcd n but do have a 9800 pro