Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pvp?

is there pvp in this game?

Comments

• DeviraDevira Member Posts: 5

Yes there are a few pvp areas in EU, but i don't believe there are many who would play this game for the pvp content. Each time you fight you are losing money, in the form of spent ammo and weapon/armor decay. Because of this any fighting including pvp costs money..

One pvp area for example is the oil rig area. Periodically barrels of oil spawn in this area which can be picked up and sold for cash. Pvp often occurs in this area because people are fighting over being able to pick up those barrels and ultimately make money. Thus the pvp has an ultimate goal of making money there.. so the use of ammo and weapon/armor decay is worth the risk to try and make more money.

EU is a complex game which i wouldn't suggest is ideal for the dedicated pvp player, but to answer your question yes it is available.

• mbaarsmbaars Member Posts: 5

As a add-on...

There only is one area in which it is possible to kill other players and loot them (grab their belongings). This is a toxic zone, for which you require a medic shot before entering. So don't expect to find any noobs there. It will be well skilled players and these are well armed when entering this area...

And don't expect to have a friendly 'hi, do you mind if i kill you?'... Maybe afterwards :)

All other area's have pvp in which killing others is for fun or for the 'most kills in a row before being killed' HOF-notify. And of couse the oil rig mentioned before...

• chillybeanchillybean Member Posts: 9
    THere is pvp in this game but ya gotta pay da cos to be da boss
  • XantoniaXantonia Member Posts: 7

There is also a continent where other than specific land areas it is mainly PvP.

There is even a hall of fame for people who kill the most others before dying themselves, but as the others stated it all costs money

• fredypenguinfredypenguin Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by orodeon

There are currently 3 PvP zones in Eudoria continent (only in PvP 3 if you get looted you loose all your stackeble items) .

There are also avatr owned land areas set in PvP mode so it is safe to die there

But realisticaly speaking you as a noob don't stand a chance to win a fight VS some1 who play this game since 2003 who owns items (weapons and armors) worth  +30 K US dollars.

Bringing the truth,
    Fredy

• ToastCHGToastCHG Member Posts: 4
    PvP 3, as stated above, is an area where your stackable items in inventory.  One avatar justed killed and looted another

worth over 5,000 PEDS.  That's over $500 U.S.!!  I usually stay out of that area because I like to mine and hunt, but would hate

to be the one who is hunted! LOL
    PvP 3 from EU is like no other PVP from any other game: IN PVP 3 YOU LOOSE REAL MONEY WHEN YOU ARE LOOTED AND YOU WILL BE LOOTED 99,9% THIS IS A FACT

Bringing the truth,
    Fredy

• DobbinDobbin Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by fredypenguin

There are currently 3 PvP zones in Eudoria continent (only in PvP 3 if you get looted you loose all your stackeble items) .

There are also avatr owned land areas set in PvP mode so it is safe to die there

But realisticaly speaking you as a noob don't stand a chance to win a fight VS some1 who play this game since 2003 who owns items (weapons and armors) worth  +30 K US dollars.

Yep so true, none of these so called ubers could hold their own in say Unreal Tourny - or any game with skill. PVP is about $$$$$$$, nothing more, equipment , skill can be bought for big bucks - no real skill involved.
    Originally posted by Dobbin

Originally posted by fredypenguin

Yep so true, none of these so called ubers could hold their own in say Unreal Tourny - or any game with skill. PVP is about $$$$$$$, nothing more, equipment , skill can be bought for big bucks - no real skill involved.

+ ubers who patrol the PvP 3 own items you will never ever loot because they don't drop anymore from mobs. MA saw that these items are too efficient for players so they stop then from dropping. One of these items is Mod FAP (mega healing kit) which now it is sold for 25-27 k $ in other words 25 000-27 000 US real dollars  for some pixels

Now think about what you can do with those money in real world?

Fredy

Bringing the truth,
    Fredy

• TorschenTorschen Member Posts: 78

Yup, there is no adrenaline rush like seeing a green dot on radar when you are in PVP3, especially if you have mined/looted good amount of stuff you propably will loose next minute.

As a fps, UT player specifically I find this mixed fps/rpg/pvp in EU I a bit silly though.

• ZippoMattZippoMatt Member Posts: 5
    Ya you want to talk about an insane heartpumping adrenaline rush like torchen has said, go to pvp3 and hit a large claim in there and then see a green dot on the radar meaning that another participant and most likely pker is right next to you and most likely has seen you... This person can loot you if they are lucky enough to shoot ya down ;P 

Come check out Entropia Universe!!! @ http://www.entropiauniverse.com or http://entropiaforum.com - Thanks - Zippo