Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lovin it !

Took a 2 week detour to check out Vancrap and went back finishing the champ mission for my Vamp.

This is like the Claritin clear commercial moment - the blurred, plastic and baren world of Vanguard is a stark contrast to polished clear textures of DAOC client. Just glad to have this MMO still going strong.

FUNCOM - putting the FUN in disFUNctional !

Comments

• silly2k2silly2k2 Member Posts: 63
    Totally agree with you there.  The sad truth is its nowhere near what it was thanks to wow :(

it's sad, but now mythic are working on WAR focus on daoc will only ebb away :( 

/me salutes DAOC for the fantastic game that it was and the amazing community that it built. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by silly2k2

Totally agree with you there.  The sad truth is its nowhere near what it was thanks to wow :(

it's sad, but now mythic are working on WAR focus on daoc will only ebb away :( 

/me salutes DAOC for the fantastic game that it was and the amazing community that it built. 

Of course WoW would have drained away players regardless of circumstances, but Mythic really did much more damage with the TOA expansion and some other bad decisions like not implementing the player friendly changes we now have much sooner.

I left DAOC to play Lineage 2 and COH long before Wow was released after it became apparent that TOA had completely changed the game I really loved.  ( I was hugely against raiding back in those days)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• noblotnoblot Member Posts: 287

Population seems to have picked up lately on classic, with all the latest changes.

Certainly Mythic have been keeping quite a pace up on fixes and changes lately - can complain about the effort they are putting in at the moment.

• majochmajoch Member Posts: 599
    I just re-subbed last week as well and I am real happy with the game now.  My biggest gripe in the past was lack of quests and it seems they have addressed that somewhat.  Also am seeing a bit of a population growth as well.  I picked the co-op server and am seeing people wherever I go regardless of realm.