Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Game is still crap isnt it ?

2»

Comments

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

Originally posted by Sunrider

Originally posted by bailyes
    Even though I have never played this game, I don't believe that people should be giving such negative feedback about the game. You've got to think about the work that had gone into making this game. Do you think you could make a game half as good as this one by yourself? I'd like to see you try

See, let me be honest with you here.

You go to a restraunt. No you've never worked in one, right? But you know what you expect, you know what you want and you know you dont want to have horrible service, right? So you sit down, you order, you get your food. Well you never see your waitress, you sit there for for 30 effing minutes till you get so fed up with how shit is going you say something. Do you have a right to say something? Have you ever worked the job before?

Granted theres a huge difference between the 2 professions the fact is, is that you know what you want and expect the service to be a certin way but when shit just ain't happening... well you've got a right to complain, i mean, you are paying for it all, right?

This is one of the better posts I've read in a while.  The troube today is that players are expecting mmos to be everything in one package.  The fact is that every mmo is different from design, gameplay, graphics, service, etc. and each player much choose which one fits their preference.  Even the best mmo doesn't have all I want in a game, but does that give me the right to complain?  The worst mmo is probably missing a lot of what I like, and then works horrible to top it off, but do some other players enjoy playing it?  Probably, because maybe they found something in it that they like, even if it is flawed.

I might sit at that restaurant and get fed up with the service, but in this particular case, I am willing to tolerate it because the dish I ordered is a good one.  You just rarely find the complete package everywhere you look.

• jfk070jfk070 Member UncommonPosts: 13

Originally posted by Tymora

This is one of the better posts I've read in a while.  The troube today is that players are expecting mmos to be everything in one package.  The fact is that every mmo is different from design, gameplay, graphics, service, etc. and each player much choose which one fits their preference.  Even the best mmo doesn't have all I want in a game, but does that give me the right to complain?  The worst mmo is probably missing a lot of what I like, and then works horrible to top it off, but do some other players enjoy playing it?  Probably, because maybe they found something in it that they like, even if it is flawed.

I might sit at that restaurant and get fed up with the service, but in this particular case, I am willing to tolerate it because the dish I ordered is a good one.  You just rarely find the complete package everywhere you look.

I know what you are getting at. I've played RFO. Was part 3 different beta's from 3 different countries for this game.

It is graphically stunning in my opinion. After that you get down to game mechanics.

Saddly the content of the game is sparce and the combat system is fairly basic. Many of us have likened it to a techno version of other asian grinders.

My personal opinion, if you are tickled by smooth animations, good effects and neet toys all wrapped up in a slick, eye catching graphical environment, this might be your game.

If game play, PvE, questing, world interaction and persistance are important, this might not hold you for very long.

On a side note, I've had loads of fun in PvP with this game at mid to low levels. It's a blast for RvRvR type pvp. I love their PvP model, just not this TYPE of mind numbing  grinding they lock you into.

• LolueMouaLolueMoua Member UncommonPosts: 20
    It's been a long time since I've last played RFO. Played it through Beta then through it's first launch. I stuck around it for a few months till about June. RFO was never that bad of a MMO in my opinion. The PvP in my mind set was nice and especially the concept of RvRvR. I remember the major conflicts durring each chip war as one race struck at another and all of a sudden the other race pops out of no where and comes in for the steal or something like that. So the Chip Wars were fun when they lasted for the whole 3 hours or so that it was up. Of course that was partly it's downfall as well when all of a sudden Chips were falling within 2 minutes. That's when it started to take it's toll and RvRvR didn't feel like what it used to be. RFO had plenty of promising things comming it's way. But it was to slow in its taking action. Other then the RvRvR system in this game, there's really nothing promising to look forward to. Well, besides some of the nifty looking armor at lvl 45 and above.. but that by itself is a grind.
  • EranuEranu Member Posts: 191

Have to admit id maybe spend a few hours in it if it was free to play however i certainly would never pay for it after playing for the first 2 months at game launch.

Greatness is difficult to appreciate from close up. The great mountain on the horizon is only the ground when you are standing on it.

• frkhot97frkhot97 Member Posts: 393

After two trials I'm giving up on this. Nice graphics but one of the most boring PVE I've ever tried. I can watch TV while grinding with no risk of dieing. I'll give it another try when/if the space battle expansion comes live.

• uncletomauncletoma Member UncommonPosts: 159
    I quit World of Warcraft on july the 4th because is a botring game without a decent PvP. After some searches my decision was: RF Online. I hate korean MMORPG like Lineage 2 and so on but RF Online has a not so good PvE but a fantastic and lovely PvP. And, damn, i need PvP, i'm a PvP addicted!

RF Online is my game till WarHammer Online (WAR must rocks!)
  • EaradiEaradi Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by focfhe

This game sux

I agree, this game really was boring.  Grinding and Mining isnt fun

• hogscraperhogscraper Member Posts: 322
    I was in RFO beta and believed that certain things would be changed, (really hoped), and was severely disappointed. The whole potion spamming nonsense really bothered me but from what I've seen in other Korean MMO's its standard fare. What killed the most was that I had several characters that were rendered useless when I couldn't kill the right creatures for my level because I had already passed a certain point and didn't follow the right path. Problem was, I was never told, not in game or in the manual, that certain decisions would render my character totally useless and completely incapable of progressing further.  I heard they quickly fixed some of that(never bothered to follow up and see if it were true) but after spending a month leveling different characters who ended up not being able to kill even the weakest enemies that would give them xp because I didn't level armor or whatnot correctly I got fed up and will not come back.

I love difficult games, but when a game releases and doesn't bother to tell you that you absolutely must do certain things a certain way or suffer serious consequences what's fun in finding that out when its too late to do anything about it??
  • RebornDragonRebornDragon Member UncommonPosts: 121
    RF Online is a pretty sad game. Even the GM's support AFK leveling of skills and such.
  • earthhawkearthhawk Member Posts: 247

If you like mindless grinding, with little to none community interaction, and decent grapics, then RFO is for you. If not, save your 50 bucks and find another game. This game had  huge potential, but is ultimately a let-down IMO. First, it's boring as hell. It's the standard MMO fare of grinding/ killing X, turn in, go grind X more but with a different name and a few more hitpoints. Genius. Where is the innovation that was promised? How am I supposed to be emotionaly involved if what I'm questing/ grinding has absolutely nothing to do with the game's story? My final verdict:

Plus: Graphics are cool looking (who doesn't want to play a sc-fi game with robots, spaceships, and magic?).

Minus: Boring quests, bad gameplay, and very little community.

Verdict: It's like finally bagging that hot chick/ dude and finding out there's no brain to go with that pretty face. You'll go for the experience, but more than likely won't stick around.

:)

• uncletomauncletoma Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Originally posted by earthhawk

If you like mindless grinding, with little to none community interaction, and decent grapics, then RFO is for you. If not, save your 50 bucks and find another game. This game had  huge potential, but is ultimately a let-down IMO. First, it's boring as hell. It's the standard MMO fare of grinding/ killing X, turn in, go grind X more but with a different name and a few more hitpoints. Genius. Where is the innovation that was promised? How am I supposed to be emotionaly involved if what I'm questing/ grinding has absolutely nothing to do with the game's story? My final verdict:
    Plus: Graphics are cool looking (who doesn't want to play a sc-fi game with robots, spaceships, and magic?).
    Minus: Boring quests, bad gameplay, and very little community.
    Verdict: It's like finally bagging that hot chick/ dude and finding out there's no brain to go with that pretty face. You'll go for the experience, but more than likely won't stick around.
    :)
    WoW (ok, it's another MMORPG), this is the description of a lot of MMORPG

RFO isn't easy, maybe players need more time than other games, but it's better than, for example, the boring high-level dungeons in World of Warcraft.

There are games better than RFO? Yes (for example Everquest II, EVE-Online or an evergreen like DAoC), but they are a few. And as PvP/RvR only DAoC and EVE (Guild War isn't a MMORPG) are better than RFO :)

And... Grinding? Well, my main (a lvl 42 Shield Miller) has over 60 millions but i never do grinding. Ok, sometime and if Bellato wins CW, i go to mine, but only when i'm not playng (working or sleeping time :D).

So, guys, don't say that RFO is a grinding game. If you want do it ok, but you can do "money" in other ways :)

And no... not with Ebay :p
  • i8thewormi8theworm Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by neuronomad

I decided to start playing RFO again in between time planning PSU.  I am reinstalling tonight and I hope to give a review of how the game has changed since I last played (at launch).
    I played at launch too (I think I know you :) ) and stopped playing once I realized it was nothing but a grindfest.  I've thought about resubbing to see if any of that has changed lately...

Rimy/Sisae in lots o' games
  • mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747

well my opinion was when they started patching the patches the game was going down hill steeply. Its been about 10 months since i last played it so i would say it is extremely crap now. Not sure though they MIGHT have done something to improve the game BUT not sure