Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW is just grinding

Oprah2Oprah2 Member Posts: 118
World of Warcraft is fun until u get to like lvl 30 then you begin to relize that y am i paying $15 a month to play a game that is just grinding and no questing because quest give you barely any xp only way to get some is to grind or go in dungeons so WoW gamers think about like i did and go to a game with more questing and less grinding like Guild Wars really im trying to help you not hurt you. Peace

Comments

• RPG_AshRPG_Ash Member Posts: 11

LOL

What rubbish. I've leveled two chars to lvl 60 and two to 40+ and have never been short on good quests and NEVER had to grind.

LOL

edit: $15 (or £8 in proper money) is a fantastic price for what you can do in WoW.

• HubabubaHubabuba Member Posts: 229
    Originally posted by Oprah2

World of Warcraft is fun until u get to like lvl 30 then you begin to relize that y am i paying $15 a month to play a game that is just grinding and no questing because quest give you barely any xp only way to get some is to grind or go in dungeons so WoW gamers think about like i did and go to a game with more questing and less grinding like Guild Wars really im trying to help you not hurt you. Peace
    Go play Lineage 2 if you want to see what a grind is like leveling in WoW is quick and easy if you want quests then do some research I've seen guides that walk you through leveling to 60 by doing nothing more that quests and for the love of whatever god you believe in you should either cut down on the cafeen or take English again because although I don't usually bash on people for their grammar skills you really need to organize your thoughts so that people understand what it is you are trying to say or perhaps you intentionally made a huge run on sentance to hide the fact that you are trying to plug Guild Wars but maybe if that game didn't suck so bad you wouldn't have to come to the WoW forums to plug it.  Peace
  • Oprah2Oprah2 Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by Hubabuba

Go play Lineage 2 if you want to see what a grind is like leveling in WoW is quick and easy if you want quests then do some research I've seen guides that walk you through leveling to 60 by doing nothing more that quests and for the love of whatever god you believe in you should either cut down on the cafeen or take English again because although I don't usually bash on people for their grammar skills you really need to organize your thoughts so that people understand what it is you are trying to say or perhaps you intentionally made a huge run on sentance to hide the fact that you are trying to plug Guild Wars but maybe if that game didn't suck so bad you wouldn't have to come to the WoW forums to plug it.  Peace

And that is not a run on sentence so think before you make fun of my grammar cuz thats the way i like it
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Nonsense...WoW doesn't even qualify as a grinding game.... never did i find it easier to level up characters and run through hundreds of quests to do it.  I played both sides (Horde and Alliance) to create 5 60's... and I always found plenty of quests to do until I got into the upper 50's  (they quests then were all epic and really only done by 60's)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by Hubabuba

Go play Lineage 2 if you want to see what a grind is like

I second that.

Lineage 2 has a much harder grind than WoW.

I can't speak for higher level WoW quests but at least WoW has decent quests. L2's quests (in my opinion) are crap.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • edisinedisin Member Posts: 21
    life is a grind get used to it
  • retrospecticretrospectic Member UncommonPosts: 1,466

Did you, by chance, play a Troll?

Pun intended.

• ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318

Well, duh, most have been a real challenge for you to figure that out, genius. Let me start by saying that GW isn't even a mmorpg, period. They all have grinding, but in this case, WoW makes it a lot easier and if you think that this one has a harsh grind then I wish you good luck finding one thats easier.
  • retrospecticretrospectic Member UncommonPosts: 1,466
    Originally posted by Shijuki

Well, duh, most have been a real challenge for you to figure that out, genius. Let me start by saying that GW isn't even a mmorpg, period. They all have grinding, but in this case, WoW makes it a lot easier and if you think that this one has a harsh grind then I wish you good luck finding one thats easier.

I always stop reading when I see "get to like lvl 30".  A retarded half-monkey turd baby could get to level 30 just clicking random keys.

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755
    Originally posted by retrospectic

A retarded half-monkey turd baby could get to level 30 just clicking random keys.

Lol.

What game dosen't have a shit load of grind? Please, tell me! I'd love to play it!

• TyrranosaurTyrranosaur Member UncommonPosts: 284

It does get tougher (read: longer) to accrue experience and advance later on in WoW, yeah, and it does have some grinding, like all the MMOs do, but I never understood this attitude that the quests are worthless. This isn't just chess, man! If you want to play a pure game with no other redeeming features, there are plenty of brainless exercises out there....hell, even if the quests offered zilch for experience (which they do not, quests really help stay focused and offer plenty fo xp) they help you to learn the story of both the world and your character.....this is a role playing game, after all!

I'll never understand people who play WoW or any other game but can't even tell you what the basic back story is, let alone why their toon is adventuring....

Current MMOs: Rift, GW2, Defiance
    Blog: http://realmsofchirak.blogspot.com (old school tabletop gaming and more)

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Some people are just stupid. What MMO doesn't have some sort of grind? Maybe there is one but the top MMOs have grinds so your statement is completely irrevelevant. Guild Wars is a completely different type of game... because it uses the skills and the majority of content is for when you hit the max level. To mention Guild Wars (which is a lot of fun) has nowhere near as much content.. the content makes up for the grind..

I'm glad you enjoy Guild Wars but when you say a major MMO has a grind... I have to respond with a big fat Duh!

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Eveonline has no grind does not even have xp to gain , all you do instead is play the game and make coin ...... that why i love it so much no powerleveling .

First of all why do ppl always say gw is not a mmorpg it has a quest, its got a huge map to venture on, you can make parties, you can be in guilds.  In WoW when i do quests i get like 1000xp then i relize i need to get 300000xp more to gain a lvl so how r u gonna do that many quests? Peace brother.
  • ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318

First of all why do ppl always say gw is not a mmorpg it has a quest, its got a huge map to venture on, you can make parties, you can be in guilds.  In WoW when i do quests i get like 1000xp then i relize i need to get 300000xp more to gain a lvl so how r u gonna do that many quests? Peace brother.Diablo 2 has plenty of quests and huge maps, but is it a mmorpg? No. You should be happy that you gain exp at all considering the fact that on most mmos out there, you dont get any exp when finishing quests. However in WoW, you can get items, cash and exp from one single quest. Learn to appreciate that.
  • braamerbraamer Member UncommonPosts: 88

Ha, you obviously have no clue or are trolling. I've leveled multiple 60s, as has my wife and son, and there is plenty to do all the way to 60.

Guild Wars was a joke, IMO.
  • nitebladeniteblade Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by braamer

Ha, you obviously have no clue or are trolling. I've leveled multiple 60s, as has my wife and son, and there is plenty to do all the way to 60.

Guild Wars was a joke, IMO.

I've leveled 30 60's my wife 20 and our 2 sons got 40 each and my great great grandson leveled 50!    Who really cares how many 60's you got? or your wife or kids for that matter?  For you to state that GW is a joke shows me that you are a moron!  GW is a MMORPG!  PERIOD.... I've played said game as for WoW.  They are both great games with their own features.  They both have great content.  To each and it's own opinion is just that an opinion.   I don't care about your opinon or the next person as well as you shouldn't care about mine.  But, I will not read such garbage and let you think that you actually said something meaningful.  Play the game and stfu, stop complaining about grinding and FFS stop trying to compare games!  Everyone knows that MMO's contain grinding, stop stating the obvious. 
  • BawlssBawlss Member Posts: 55
    gw is a lost cause. end of story. the game has very little that is origanal. and since when can in fantasy or anywhere else can you have a warrior monk? or a ranger warrior?
  • RumorsRumors Member Posts: 161
    Originally posted by Bawlss

gw is a lost cause. end of story. the game has very little that is origanal. and since when can in fantasy or anywhere else can you have a warrior monk? or a ranger warrior?
    <Puts on Flame Retardant suit>

<Points to R.A. Salvatores Dark Elf series, about Drizzt Do'urden.  Ranger/fighter multiclass in Dungeons and Dragons Forgotten Realms series lore>

• WoobWoob Member CommonPosts: 50

First of all why do ppl always say gw is not a mmorpg it has a quest, its got a huge map to venture on, you can make parties, you can be in guilds.  In WoW when i do quests i get like 1000xp then i relize i need to get 300000xp more to gain a lvl so how r u gonna do that many quests? Peace brother.

Okay, poor spelling aside, the fastest way to level up SOLO (Read: Tap leveling) is about 4 parts questing to one part grinding, depending on your particular path. The fact that you say you get no experience from quests with zero proof tells me you're probably just trying to stir the pot.
  • CaleSentariCaleSentari Member Posts: 178

Since when are there "limits" on fantasy such as you're suggesting?

Keep in mind the definition of the world "fantasy" before you reply please.

On-Topic, I would say there are things that can be deemed as "grind" in just about every game.  Some people find quests to be grind, others find repeptive farming for exp. or gold "grind".  If you don't like the idea of "grind" MMORPG's probably aren't the best way to spend your time, for personal frustration's sake.

• BawlssBawlss Member Posts: 55
    just because its fantasy doesnt mean you should be able to do things that are imposible.
    Originally posted by Woob

Okay, poor spelling aside, the fastest way to level up SOLO (Read: Tap leveling) is about 4 parts questing to one part grinding, depending on your particular path. The fact that you say you get no experience from quests with zero proof tells me you're probably just trying to stir the pot.I do have proof i played the game for 3 months moron i actually think before i post and have back up information
  • nitebladeniteblade Member Posts: 44

just because its fantasy doesnt mean you should be able to do things that are imposible.

What you say doesn't make any sense, even worse is you believe what you are saying....seriously FFS, don't post anymore, you aren't making any point at all. 

• WoobWoob Member CommonPosts: 50

Originally posted by Woob

Okay, poor spelling aside, the fastest way to level up SOLO (Read: Tap leveling) is about 4 parts questing to one part grinding, depending on your particular path. The fact that you say you get no experience from quests with zero proof tells me you're probably just trying to stir the pot.
    I do have proof i played the game for 3 months moron i actually think before i post and have back up information

Look: Just because you don't know what you're doing and don't bother trying to quest efficiently, doesn't make quests less efficient than grinding. Granted, I'll give you level 59-60, there are some pretty good grind spots and I pretty much run out of quests to do solo. But even then, before that you don't even have to be that efficient. Are you absolutely sure you think before you post? Where is all this backup information?

Also, for future reference: Only saying you have proof isn't proving your point to someone, it's proving to them you're probably wrong and trying to backpedal out of an argument you shouldn't have started.

Peace,

Chris