Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beckham moves...

2»

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Razorback

Is there anything on this planet more boring than soccer.... apart from David Beckham of course...
    Ok and apart from Forula One motor yawning....
    Yeah, American football is more boring Imo
  • ginfress01ginfress01 Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by Razorback

Is there anything on this planet more boring than soccer.... apart from David Beckham of course...
    Ok and apart from Forula One motor yawning....
    David Beckam's wife
  • CptDogtoffeeCptDogtoffee Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by baff

The average I.Q. in Britain has just gone up.

Has Jade Goody died ?

David Beckham won't be able to play for the US team as he's represented England at full international level.

Still, the US has some good homegrown players so there's no reason why they shouldn't improve upon their performances.

• EggFteggEggFtegg Member Posts: 1,141
    Originally posted by CptDogtoffee

Has Jade Goody died ?

David Beckham won't be able to play for the US team as he's represented England at full international level.

Still, the US has some good homegrown players so there's no reason why they shouldn't improve upon their performances.

Wasn't there supposed to be some American kid with some really serious talent? I remember some rumour - did Arsenal try to buy him or something?

A cynic might say that Americans don't generally like sports which they can't beat the rest of the world in (particularly Mexico). That might be unfair, but it would not be unreasonable to expect more Americans to get into soccer if their national team started doing better in international competitions.

The US had a pretty rought time at the last world cup. Tough group, bad start. They did better than England in the world cup 5 years ago though, only to losing to Germany in the Quarter Finals (which IIRC by rights they should have won - if Torsten Frings hadn't got away with the goal-line handball- now they know how England feel in these competitions).

• MW2KMW2K Member UncommonPosts: 1,036

Freddie Adu is the guy I think you mean. Young guy from Ghana, American citizen now.

• EggFteggEggFtegg Member Posts: 1,141
    Ah yes, that's the guy. Currently playing for Real Salt Lake. Can't move to a British club until June this year when he turns 18.

• evolution03evolution03 Member Posts: 8

Money can explain all the things

• Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356
    Originally posted by EggFtegg

Originally posted by CptDogtoffee

Has Jade Goody died ?

Wasn't there supposed to be some American kid with some really serious talent? I remember some rumour - did Arsenal try to buy him or something?

A cynic might say that Americans don't generally like sports which they can't beat the rest of the world in (particularly Mexico). That might be unfair, but it would not be unreasonable to expect more Americans to get into soccer if their national team started doing better in international competitions.

The US had a pretty rought time at the last world cup. Tough group, bad start. They did better than England in the world cup 5 years ago though, only to losing to Germany in the Quarter Finals (which IIRC by rights they should have won - if Torsten Frings hadn't got away with the goal-line handball- now they know how England feel in these competitions).

I can't believe we lost to Ghana...

I'm glad the U.S. team is getting a new coach.

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

• CptDogtoffeeCptDogtoffee Member Posts: 17
    Don't get too down over losing to Ghana. The African teams are really starting to get their shit together & are producing some of the best footballing talent.
  • HAMMERS38HAMMERS38 Member Posts: 248
    i couldnt really care, i reckon his dopey wife had a lot to do with the decision. means more money for her to go shopping with. i am just glad he didnt come to west ham.