Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need opinions on a new MMORPG to play

Hey there! i Need opinions on a new MMORPG to play, iv just quit WoW but the expantion looks good but i need all your opinions on other MMORPG's

I was thinking about D&D online or maybe a bit of Camelot..Either way can i want*your opinions on different parts of the games image

Tried EQ and EQ2, not my type don't like the game play and the graphics are not that good imo.. image

Comments

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665
    DDO isn't exactly MASSIVE multiplayer online RPG. At most you'll see a few dozen people spread out on multiple instances of the same zone. However that aside DDO is kinda like eating a steak but without the A1 Steak sauce. Sure the steak is tasty but it is lacking something to make the experience complete. It is a good game that will give you enjoyment for a few months until the other biggies come out.
  • KrypttoKryptto Member Posts: 8

I have played Dark Ages of Camelot for 3 years, and still playing.  The balance between PvE and RvR is the biggest allure for any new player.  The battlegrounds are fun to get into along the way, and prepares you for the bigger challenge of RvR at Level 50.  With the extra experience now being given out in classic lands leveling up is now easier for new players.

Drawbacks, is an outdated graphics engine.  The designers have updated the graphics, but nothing compared to the later newer games.

Huge advantage is that with its age, the game has many "new games bugs" removed.

Good luck, I have found it difficult to find another game around with a great RvR game.  If you are looking for a newer look, you can wait for Warhammer Online to release next year.

• kris323kris323 Member Posts: 22
    do you plan to pay for the game or do you want it free

kris cagle

• flame-manflame-man Member Posts: 58
    you should play guild wars its good its like a bit like wow but more azn

šhÂhËËÑ

• trecetrece Member Posts: 6
    try Regnum Online its in beta stage but it seems it will be great when they release it... and its f2p!!
  • JasmineRoseJasmineRose Member Posts: 178

TBH there isnt much out there ATM, I just recently quit plauing WoW myself and I also played DAoC, I played from closed Beta until about 8 Mos. ago and DAoC isnt really all that great after all of the expansions and screw-ups mythic made, the worst screw-ups were the RVR revisions. I am truly waiting on a better game both Vangard SOH (Sigal) and WarHammer Online (Mythic) provided mythic doesnt mess Warhammer up are both promising up-coming games and I look foward to both. I will personaly play the 1st one to actualy go live. As far as DDO I dont think its all that great, I tried it and I thought Guild Wars was better ,but neither is really a MMORPG. If  end gaming in wow  is what bored you , you should probably wait til something better comes out and try to play some of the games that are currently in beta til a good one goes live.image

• TyrolerTyroler Member Posts: 97
    the best thing they did was the rewamp of the Frontier, old frontier was all about pink pong between AMG and HMG, atleast the new frontier made Keep sieges more fun, connecting all the realms frontiers, Made travelling faster, removed the god awfull 10 min to get back in action waiting 
    for the damn Teleporter to show up, More groups roaming around instead of camping Wall gates. and i could go on

the worst screwup was the ToA expansion, atleast if you were into RvR, it ment tons of extra time doing PvE to be able to compete on higher lvl, ofcause it was a needed expansion since the PvE aspect of the game was lacking. they just shouldent have made it that massive

• RekiemRekiem Member UncommonPosts: 39
    if ur gona pay go DAOC for sure ;)

PLZ CHOSE THE MEH FOR SPELB0rNe BETAZ KTHKXGUDBYE

• rancid_rockerancid_rocke Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by liddokun
    DDO isn't
    exactly MASSIVE multiplayer online RPG. At most you'll see a few dozen
    people spread out on multiple instances of the same zone. However that
    aside DDO is kinda like eating a steak but without the A1 Steak sauce.
    Sure the steak is tasty but it is lacking something to make the
    experience complete. It is a good game that will give you enjoyment for
    a few months until the other biggies come out.

wow that was a really detailed description of steak, now youve gone and made me hungry.... *shakes fist*

• govedotogovedoto Member Posts: 11

L2 is good but dont try it , it takes ages and tons of gridinding and then dlvling in pvp .

I recommend DAoC and EQ2 , otherway just wait for Age of Conan,Chronicle of Spellborn,Gods and Heroes or SUN online . They seems fucking good ::)

2Fast4you

• timrobinson5timrobinson5 Member Posts: 15
    I think DAOC is a great idea. Having played so many of these games over the years, I (and many people I know) are currently undecided as to what to play. I played DAOC years back, but it was one of the best mmorpg's i ever played. You might like City of Heroes if you've never played it, its not got huge depth and does get repetitive but its huge fun for months. I still remember getting the travel powers, having a great time just jumping off buildings, running round with super speed and flying about the place. Graphics are good.

Still cant see the appeal of Eve i tried several times to get into it but the traveling about just seemed a bit of a drag. I guess i've just got too short an attention span lol.

I really liked Horizons when it started but unlike most people i thought the crafting sucked. They bascially just never completed it, i still cant understand why they didnt add more mobs to kill, it was just miles and miles of empty space. Had to give up in the end there was just nothing to fight. I kept watching the patch details for ages afterwards and they'd read 'added another fishing spot' etc......Unbelievable lol !

I loved EQ in the old days but its such a massive time sink and higher levels became impossible unless you were a necro or grouped. EQ2 i've heard has improved but every time you started a new character you had the same quests and the zones although nicely rendered all basically seemed to be one big field....at level 1 you fought a badger and at about level 10 you were fighting level 10 badgers. Nice looking badgers, deer etc, but when i hit about 25th level i dont feel much of a fantasy hero fighting a creature that looks identical to the one i fought at level 1.

I have a mate who swears D&D online is superb he's all the way through, but i had a couple of go's and gave up because i like to solo sometimes. I think you really need to group for this.

Final fantasy, i just could never get into this it was a nightmare, Lineage 2 nice but ridiculous grind game which is the case for most of the oriental games. Ive heard Vanguard is like old EQ but fairly hard core (not for me again). Dungeon runners looked like a laugh but i cant get it to run. UO Kingdom reborn looks interesting, if you havent played UO (its the one i started with), its a great game, but dont expect great graphics. Matrix online sucked when i played the beta, auto assault i just couldnt get into, star wars galaxies just got completely trashed, saga of ryzom is probably worht a try. Oh i did love Wow by the way but jsut ran oout of steam  when i'd tried all the characters, classes and starting zones, and got my hunter upto about 50th.

Just started back on guild wars as it looks nice, you can solo and you dont have to pay anything !

Theres been a load of others i've played but thats the highlights, hope that helped, i'd like some advice myself lol !
  • XoshuaXoshua Member Posts: 127

Ok heres my 2 cents...  First of all I have been playing a fair bit of MMO's and this is just my opinion, it doesn't mean the game is terrible or amazing...

I started my first MMO in Runecape years back, yes runescape...  Good at the time, I won't lie, all your friends played it, PKing for your items, was cool shit...  But times have changed, I wouldn't concider it for a P2P but Iv'e never been a member so no say in it...

After Runescape came EQOA for PS2...  Tried this game...  Was SO fun...  SO FUN...  I mean it was better than Runescape and it had quests and wasn't too shabby...

Well here comes my MMORPG top...  After EQOA I was dreaming of this game since FF8 was out...  I saw pictures of it in my Playstation Magazine...  FFXI...  I know it's hard to LV and it has a lot of asians (which will come in later), but god was it fun...  NM's, MISSIONS, QUESTS, AF gear...  The game was so good...  I think either FFXI or EQ (which I never really played) had the best outcome...  I mean, FFXI was so FUN during the first years, and probably still is, it consumed my life...  Crafting actually was fun, hard but fun...  I mean I don't know it just was fun...  I could go on how good that game was, if anyone wants to know, ask me...

Then came little MMORPG's, see I moved to a new city and I made friends and got them into it hardcore...  And I DELETED my old character and made a new one on a new server which was REAL dumb of me...  Couldn't get him back and I really regreted it...  Was a lv 55 pld, had some AF gear...  But I was dumb and deleted it...  It's hard to get back into FFXI at lv 1...  Plus the advance job leveling is even more time consuming, not only do you have to level your Warrior to 30 you have to put more time into another job...  So That was the end of FFXI... 

So I tried other games that were free, even betas, like City of Heros, and villians, minions of mirth lol, Shadowbane, I'm missing some but you get the point, all the "free" MMORPG on this site lol... 

Ok now no offence to the asian games, I loved FFXI, but I really can't stomach the new asian ones like Hero Online, or Flyff, etc, you get the point, when I get a MMORPG i look for classes, diverse classes, not blademaster and 5 others...  There has to be classes to choose...  I usually look for Paladin in a game, don't know why, just love it...  But I have been trying Anarchy Online and it isn't half bad,,,  It's fun to play with, might be the fact my roomate is playing it as we speak lol...

EDIT:  Missed L2, tried it but the click, move thing wasn't my style...  It looked fun though but wasn't for me.

I tried EQ2, but my computer wasn't up to par so it was laggy...  Wasn't my type of game, even though I liked EQOA, firgure that out lol... 

D&D Online was fun too...  Played with friends for a while...  Eventually got bored because it just was town then quest, then town then quest...  but fun game anyways... 

WOW...  Well this game was pretty fun...  Played with some other friends, alot of my FFXI friends in real life hated this game because the graphics but it was a decent game...  I mean PVP kicked ass, and instances, and the community was funny.  We had some funny ass convos in our guild back in the day...  hehe...  But eventaully I got bored, not because the game, I was starting to ignore my girlfriend so I put WOW on hold, and then when I tried to get back into it, everyone moved on...  Sad tradegy...  Anyways...

Tried Guild Wars...  Loved it, it was fun, PVP and PVE but the lv cap is too small...  The missions were funny to watch but everyone always tried to skip them... MOVIE SKIPPERS lol...  but it got repitive so I stopped...  Good graphics though, and could run smooth...

I'm looking at DAOC but I have no credit card...  I'm 17  so that's out of the question...  DAOC looks fun though...  I'm more into the WASD movement not the clicking...  but I did LOVE diablo 2...  That was a fun game...  but anyways...

It's all in opinions to your best game...  I think MMORPGs are starting to become overmade...  Like back in the day there were only a select few of MMORPG to choose so the players weren't so scattered...  I love community the best, but to get community you need players, to get players you need a stable game...  I'm not saying the free games are stable but the Top Companies that makes games USUALLY make them stable...  I'm looking at Warhammer and Age of Conan...  We will see though...  they need to stop making so many different MMORPG because there going to lose interest... 

These were all OPINIONS, don't base anything I just said as OFFICIAL ratings please...  Thank you and have an awsome day...  Lol happy hunting!

PS- friends make a difference as well, if one of your best friends play a game it really does alter how fun a game is...  BYE  

Time to fix this genre.