Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard doing bad or players just whining?

ZertyrZertyr Member UncommonPosts: 263
If you look around forums all over the globe you find more and more people upset with Blizzard and their game. I am trying to figure out if this is due to the huge amount of players they have. Or are they just getting a pretty big unhappy crowd of customers?

Comments

• MakauoleMakauole Member Posts: 12
    I left wow frustrated. I felt like it had become a game for die hard super dorks only. The changes in the expansion confirmed that.  Blizzard is out of touch and in their own world. Victim of its own success.
  • AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433
    Originally posted by Makauole

I left wow frustrated. I felt like it had become a game for die hard super dorks only. The changes in the expansion confirmed that.  Blizzard is out of touch and in their own world. Victim of its own success.
    Haha!  Another raid-happy customer!  Welcome aboard! 

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• LordCaptainLordCaptain Member Posts: 178

Well, I for one haven't played WoW in A Long Time. I really disliked the game, but several of my friends have played for a long while.

Recently, 3 of my friends up and quit. They were quit disgruntled with the new changes, but mostly were finally opening their eyes to the pimping that Blizzard does.

The Exapnsion pack has taken 2+ years to make and really, what are you getting? Nothing really new. New Zones, some retextured Classes and the fun of grinding another 10 lvls. Most of my friends that play are very unhappy about that. They feel they are really getting pimped out of $30 for basically, something that should be a free update. Not an expansion 2 years in the making.

The reason they don't leave is that they have too many friends that play online. Basically, thats the only thing keeping them their and most of my friends aren't even buying the expansion because it's basically a joke.

I don't think Blizzard cares. But mostly, I don't think Blizzard has a creative person on their staff. They just reuse and recycle the stuff thats already their. Honestly, I can't stand the company.

People can enjoy the game, i'm fine with that. To each his own. But honestly, if Blizzard was to go out of buisness tommorow, I would throw a huge party at my house.

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276
    There are always a ton of people that will whine about anything.

IMO the expansion pack is a step in the right direction. It's getting rid of the horrendous 40 man raids and it adopting a 5-25 man playstyle for endgame content.
  • GuileGuile Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by Nadril

There are always a ton of people that will whine about anything.

IMO the expansion pack is a step in the right direction. It's getting rid of the horrendous 40 man raids and it adopting a 5-25 man playstyle for endgame content.

Exactly.

The expansion pack addressed many issues that affected the main game:

PvP rewards are now on par with PvE/Raid rewards.

Huge 40man raid reduced to 25mans+winged dungeons (no more 5hour raids)

Shed load of new content.

Opened themselves to be able to add a lot more content..(Caverns of Time, Arena Seasons, other continents)

The customizabiliy of the items got better, with sockets and spell threads.

IMO the game will only get better, sure half the subscription base is chinese but 4million players US/EU players is more than any other game.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    There will always be players who burn themselves out, once a game becomes a job its time to quit. I know 3 people and many ex-guildies who quit upwards of 6 months ago because we did the end game stuff got our T2 set, Naxx was on the horizon but another 40man dungeon wasn't enough for them.

The 3 people I know are coming back for the expansion and I see a good 6 months worth of playtime in the expansion, if nothing grabs me after this time I'll quit rather then stay and start to hate the game.  As has been mentioned blizz addressed many issues in the expansion and it will only make the game more popular IMHO. 

Latest blizz press release gave the following numbers:

China: 3million subs

North america: 2 million subs

Europe: 1.5 million subs

Others: 1million subs

Total of 8million subs, increase from the last press release.

In a month I predict a blizz announcment saying 8.5-9 million players as players come back for the expansion.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486
    I think that the most of the guys who like WoW and think it's a great game don't sit and watch these kind of forums, while the guys who just quit likes to tell what they thought was bad about it and how it should have became much better if u did this and that. The game is good and they got a big fanbase, some guys just like to tell the world that they think the game sux.

Originally posted by Godliest

I think that the most of the guys who like WoW and think it's a great game don't sit and watch these kind of forums, while the guys who just quit likes to tell what they thought was bad about it and how it should have became much better if u did this and that. The game is good and they got a big fanbase, some guys just like to tell the world that they think the game sux.
    Agree, people always remember the bad but forget to talk about the months even years that they enjoyed the game and had good fun.  but thats true for all game.

• retrospecticretrospectic Member UncommonPosts: 1,466
    Originally posted by Zertyr

If you look around forums all over the globe you find more and more people upset with Blizzard and their game. I am trying to figure out if this is due to the huge amount of players they have. Or are they just getting a pretty big unhappy crowd of customers?

On many boards, especially one that allows people to post who don't play, you hear more squeaky wheels.  I think that Blizzard does listen to smart players and implements changes that they feel are helpful to class balance.  That being said, I think that most game companies have to somewhat ignore their playerbase when implementing changes.  A lot of whining is just that...whining.  Players will complain about anything, even if a change would unfairly benefit their class/race/profession.

I hope that makes sense.

• HubabubaHubabuba Member Posts: 229

Yet you continue to read WoW forums....  LOL poor little troll

Originally posted by Anofalye

Haha!  Another raid-happy customer!  Welcome aboard! 

Haha!  Another troll, I really can't beleive people continue to read and post on forums for a game they feel is so bad.  Just curious, do you do this on every game you don't like, or is wow special?
    Originally posted by LordCaptain

Well, I for one haven't played WoW in A Long Time. I really disliked the game, but several of my friends have played for a long while.
    Recently, 3 of my friends up and quit. They were quit disgruntled with the new changes, but mostly were finally opening their eyes to the pimping that Blizzard does.
    The Exapnsion pack has taken 2+ years to make and really, what are you getting? Nothing really new. New Zones, some retextured Classes and the fun of grinding another 10 lvls. Most of my friends that play are very unhappy about that. They feel they are really getting pimped out of $30 for basically, something that should be a free update. Not an expansion 2 years in the making.
    The reason they don't leave is that they have too many friends that play online. Basically, thats the only thing keeping them their and most of my friends aren't even buying the expansion because it's basically a joke.
    I don't think Blizzard cares. But mostly, I don't think Blizzard has a creative person on their staff. They just reuse and recycle the stuff thats already their. Honestly, I can't stand the company.
    People can enjoy the game, i'm fine with that. To each his own. But honestly, if Blizzard was to go out of buisness tommorow, I would throw a huge party at my house.

Wow, 3 people in a row that have responded to this thread that doen't even play WoW.

If I didn't play WoW I would certainly start.  I mean a game that makes such an impact on you that you continue being active members of the forums long after you quit has got to be one fantastic game!!

• zensaberzensaber Member UncommonPosts: 787
    you were born retarded right, like slow in the head just can't wrap your mind around people disliking a popular game?
  • jezvinjezvin Member UncommonPosts: 804
    I think people don't like the fact that a pretty good game interms of lvling up turns into a crapy raid fest item grind.

-------------------------------------------------
    Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 33.33%

EKSA
    -------------------------------------------------

• bonafideebonafidee Member Posts: 81
    Originally posted by jezvin

I think people don't like the fact that a pretty good game interms of lvling up turns into a crapy raid fest item grind.
    Exactly. The best thing i ever did in world of warcraft was level my first character from 1 to 60. Then the cracks began to show. easy examples are being forced to group/raid to get anything done, the gear grind, gear > skill. I really dont like what happens at 60 compared to the pre-60 game. Warcraft sucked me in being casual friendly, but level 60 definatly is not, playing a character running around in blues at 60 in a battleground is torture for example. But there is only so many times  you can do the same quests on new characters. I did raid for about a year after the 1 to 60 grind, but i still regret it. Ive got out before the expansion which is the "same old, same old". Fun from 60 to 70, then nothing, gear gear gear !
  • The-RavenThe-Raven Member Posts: 234
    Originally posted by jezvin

agreed

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    With 8 million subscribers you are going to have a lot more whiners and people defending the game.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730
    WoW is meant to make money.

They want to keep people playing and paying month after month.

They don't really care if a good percentage of players are upset, because their subscription numbers keep going up.

People would complain if each class was perfectly balanced, you had servers soley based on play style (Raiding, Social, BGing, etc), and you were instalnly exalted with every faction.
  • JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818
    Upset players don't play MMORPGs for long.  They quit.  If you're playing a game for much more than a week and claim you're upset, you're a liar or quite pathetic.   You''re having a lot of fun if you log in day after day after day.
  • auoteauote Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Ruthgar

WoW is meant to make money.

They want to keep people playing and paying month after month.

They don't really care if a good percentage of players are upset, because their subscription numbers keep going up.

People would complain if each class was perfectly balanced, you had servers soley based on play style (Raiding, Social, BGing, etc), and you were instalnly exalted with every faction.
    I agree with you.Yes,I spent so much money for that game ,but  World of warcraft is the wonderful game on everthing aspect.I play the game about 2years.it is our favorite.But i should work.i have a good idea,if you empoy me to level up for you when you are working and sleeping,i think i can do this as work.lol.what do you think about?
  • BattlecatBattlecat Member Posts: 84
    WoW is a good game but anyone knowing blizzard must go with the "Ignores the playerbase to implant their own views" option. Blizzard is well known for not listening to customers.
    Originally posted by Battlecat

WoW is a good game but anyone knowing blizzard must go with the "Ignores the playerbase to implant their own views" option. Blizzard is well known for not listening to customers.
    You can maybe listen to a 100k playbase but a 8million player base.. impossible.. blizz has plans, they still have not ruled out houseing and hero classes,and have said they aim to release a major expansion every year after TBC.

Blizz have yet to break any of their games and I dont think they want to start now.  In my experience players are very short sighted and want it all now but cant see how it will effect things down the line.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Originally posted by Zertyr

Not read any replies, just dropping in my own two penneth!

You would have to factor in a lot to try and understand the complaints, but the biggest factor for any game (or any other product for that matter) is going to be numbers. When i was in retail years ago, the store i worked in sold a perticular 3 piece suite and it turned out that it became the suite with the highest number of returns compared to others. When we looked at the numbers, you could understand why we still sold it as although it had three times the number of returns compared to all the others, it sold over five times the amount of any other suite, which more than compensated.

As long as Blizzard can keep the ratio of complaints fairly small compared to it's player base, they have nothing to worry about. Keep in mind that if only 5% of players were to feel a bit peeved with the game from time to time, that is in the region of 400,000 players, which is more players than a lot of MMO's could ever dream of getting to subscribe in the first place.

Personally, i think that Blizzard do a lot to keep people happy with regular surveys, and of course there are the test realms to try things before release. My question to the people that complain would be how many have used these tools to let Blizzard know what they want from the game in the first place? How many complainers have filled out the surveys or actually used the test realms to let the devs know what they think rather than just a way to play new content before everyone else?

Then of course you will have your perecentage of people that will complain just for the sake of complaining. I have lost count of the amount of times you see a player complain and complain about a game, but still continue to play it regardless, i mean how seriously can you take their comments.

Blizzard cannot, at the moment be doing that bad a job as they are still gaining far more players than they are losing and at the end of the day, that is the real measure.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807
    Well heres my take on it if its ok with everyone. I have been playing on and off for a year and a half.....i dont hardcore grind...i mean come on my main is only lvl 32 but lvls dont mean much to me. I find WoW ok...i mean i love warcraft in general and its great to go and read one of the novels then jump in game and be like "that one dude got killed right here...look.....no dont walk away from me LOOK!!!!" lol but still i dont like most of the quests, dungeons are ok but i hate how the lower lvl ones dont drop that great of gear. In my eyes the expansion will bring both joy and chaos to WoW and its fans.
  • brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Blizzard reminds me of what SOE did. 10% of subscribers whine, piss and moan about not enough end game content, and the devs go berserk on raid gear/encounters. Its truly sad how 10% of a population can destroy a really good game.