Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did they make a pvp server yet?

Did they make a pvp server yet? Last time I heard they made a bunch of PVE servers but some had typo.. P where an E should of been.  Did they fix that typo yet?

Comments

• karratkarrat Member Posts: 1

no, they didnt fix the typo.

They are still releasing PvP servers with PvE instances in them.

The great paradox of the 21 century.

• PyritePyrite Member Posts: 309
    I don't know anything about a typo.  PvP servers have existed since the game launched.

The most important part of reading is reading between the lines.

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042
    Its Luzarius!!!!!! Watch out mmorpg.com nubs, hes only talking about a FFA server. Nope Luzi, best they've done lately is removed DKs (killing quest givers is more fulfilling then I thought). Battlegrounds are even worse then before, Alterac Valley has become a PVE race. Overall PVP is being discouraged at every oppertunity (Diminishing returns on PVP still exists WTF, in a PVP designed instance no less)
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

yes pvp has no real meaning besides grinding for honor points / medals to buy epic gear....

best PVP ever was Ultima Online factions... (old school)

huge war, fighting for control of the entire map.... you didn't get any real rewards or anything, just satisfaction and a lot of fun...

WoW is too gear dependant, everything is done for better gear, very little real fun in it at end game... just grinding for better gear be it PVP or PVE.

New expansion w/ more levels is going to be nice change, give something fun to do again, but basic mechanics and flaw in design (dependance on gear) will still hold this game back...

open world PVP on "PVP" servers is either people griefing characters much lower level then them, or crashing the server by having more then 100+ in one area.... PVP objectives in zones are step in right direction, but still doesn't have any reward or point, no real permanence, as all people care about is grinding kills to get honor to buy more gear... why raid crossroads or attack astranaar if you'll only get like 5 honorable kills and probably just get ganked by uber ridiculous guard spawn rates...

so until they change the fatal flaw of gear over-dependancy the whole game and especially PVP will suffer...

make towns capturable, controlable, and give it some real reward for your side. remove pvp/pve server distinction, do what UO did and have trammel/felucca "sides" of the server....

that way people can level and adventure in relative peace and then hop to mirror world and fight other players for control of whole world that has great effect on both sides in both PVP/PVE world... make people that are far apart in level have a gimp/buff system.... guy 20 levels higher is "gimped" in dmg / accuracy etc to be on par w/ lower level character, but obviously don't gimp where it's equal just close to it, higher level char deserves to have advantage

make ridiculous gear bonus a thing of the past, so true competition/battle possible... should be person wearing the armor/wielding the weapon make the armor/weapon good not the other way around.... 

• ippoippo Member UncommonPosts: 109
    Must be your first mmo to think wow pvp is any good ^^^^
  • EarleyEarley Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Originally posted by ippo

Must be your first mmo to think wow pvp is any good ^^^^
    What a totally idiotic thing to say. What, are you so desperate to make sure that everyone knows you've played some other MMO that you've lost your mind? I've played them all since MUDs, including UO, AC, Anarchy Online, and Shadowbane (beta and launch), and I think the PvP in WoW is great. But I'm just not some ignorant egomaniac that thinks that my way of thinking is the only way.
  • SmurfMagicSmurfMagic Member Posts: 664
    I just read that quickly and then checked the post date.

Are you nuts? (if i read correctly) there are PLENTY of PVP servers.

PVP and Role Play PVP .

I only play on PVP servers, it makes questing more intersting as you never know who might sneak up and kill you.

• skaiskai Member UncommonPosts: 100
    No such thing as PVP without perma-death and account-deletion after  being killed.  Anything else is carebear.
  • bonafideebonafidee Member Posts: 81
    Originally posted by Recant

No PvP?

Wonder what I was doing in STV tonight then... must have been my imagination.
    Its called ganking greys, then going back to Ironforge and having a chat to your mates, since nothing changed.

You are seriously deluded if you think there is world pvp in warcraft.

I could forgive you if you enjoy the instanced pvp however, but its not my thing.
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by luzarius

Did they make a pvp server yet? Last time I heard they made a bunch of PVE servers but some had typo.. P where an E should of been.  Did they fix that typo yet?

There never was a typo. its FACT that there always were PVP servers.
  • HubabubaHubabuba Member Posts: 229
    Originally posted by luzarius

HAHAHAHAHA

I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you.