Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is the pvp system in this game?

how is the pvp in this game is it forced or open pvp? or can you choose to pvp or not? and can you get ganked or trained or ksed or griefed? I am interested in trying this game but learned my lesson on past games lol no open or forced pvp for me lol. Could some one let me know please so i dont wast my time and money on a game im just going to quit very quick?

Comments

• RuffyDRuffyD Member Posts: 23

I think its like World of Warcraft's normal servers, where you decide if you want to PvP.

• loopylizardloopylizard Member Posts: 40
    Sweet! thanks man i may give it a try then ;)

• LidaleLidale Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by RuffyD

I think its like World of Warcraft's normal servers, where you decide if you want to PvP.

Actually its a little of both from what I gather... some open pvp areas with some consentual/no pvp areas.

Though I kinda hafta agree with the grief issue.. in open pvp you definately attract a "tough" crowd... or wannabe tough crowd.  Needless to say u'll find those type of idiots in any big online game.

• TarsickTarsick Member Posts: 41

Originally posted by Lidale

Actually its a little of both from what I gather... some open pvp areas with some consentual/no pvp areas.

Though I kinda hafta agree with the grief issue.. in open pvp you definately attract a "tough" crowd... or wannabe tough crowd.  Needless to say u'll find those type of idiots in any big online game.

so avid PvP fans are idiots?

here's an idea. instead of griping about the PvP community, which by the way play PvP games, how about playing a game without PvP.  there are plenty of great non-PvP games out and coming out that anyone would be interested in playing.

simple huh? this way everyone gets what they want and neither side has to listen to the other cry(carebears) or laugh at them uncontrolably(PvPers)

or just play Spellborn and we'll see each other in the mines^^ (i prefer this option)

• loopylizardloopylizard Member Posts: 40

Well i think the % of players who want open pvp is only like maby 25% or less, of all the people playing mmorpgs. Most people like acasional pvp but dont like to be forced into it, which is like 50%. And then you have those like me who utterly hate pvp, like probuly 25% or more. I am not really sure of my nunbers just guessing mainly from what i have found and heard in all the games i have played. but i think i am fairly accruate. I think there is a very simple solution to this probulem, all games should come out with non pvp servers or at least pve servers with a duel system like in wow and eq which gives people a choise if they want to pvp or not, and also have open pvp servers for those who do like pvp like most of the really good games have. I know in wow they have both pve and pvp servers its prolly like 50/50 but wow does a lot to reward and incurage people to pvp. Ever quest had pvp servers to go along with there pve servers but they were only 3 of then out of like 40 and they were sparcly populated. Ryzom started out as a pvp game but had to change it to pve to get a lot more people to play so they wouldnt go busted lol. There is a new game comming out called last chaos which just added non pvp servers as well. This way we all can play the games in our own style for our own tastes with out any one griping about being ganked or pked or griefed or being carebear. After all games are out there to make money and the more happy players they have the more money they have commng in and the better reputation they will gain in the mmorpg comunity. That was the perpos of this post to find out if spellbrn was an open pvp game or not so i can decide wether or not to play it before i spend a lot of money for nothing. After playing an open pvp game from now own that is the first thing im going to do before i buy a game is to find out if its open pvp or not. I dont intend to be a sucker agian lol. Iif you dont know something the best way to find out is to ask then you can dicide whats best for you thank you all for the info.

• ZubaZuba Member Posts: 141

i came up with a idea about placing npcs at certain areas (flagged) and you will be transported at the arena where you will be able to fight a certain player that you accepted thier challenge. i dont know if its accepted or not.

but what i do know is pvp will be in the game on one server list there will be pvp in the mines, where plan from many members are talking about rare items and minerals to gather that is only found in the mines the same with a boss monster.

consensual fighting is not PvP. do not confuse the two.

consensual fighitng is great for non pvp games.

spellborn was designed intentionally as a pvp game. yes there will be consensual fighting in it. i really enjoy full pvp games but believe spellborn's implementation of pvp will reward player skill and make combat meaningful. sure people wont like it because it comes down to competition. there will be competition in the mines and the victors will be rewarded for their skill.

thankfully, the devs aren't faltering any in their vision. so none of the horrible "pvp ideas"  some people have that would work well in a non pvp game, will be implemented into spellborn.

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659

Originally posted by Tarsick
    spellborn was designed intentionally as a pvp game.

PvP is an integral part of the game, but so is PvE which is what the game main focus is on. So I would not call it a PvP game, it is not that simple. Calling it a pvp game gives the wrong impression, methinks. But we will have to see to be sure.

--
    Delanor

• ZubaZuba Member Posts: 141
    no way is it complete on pvp. it was built on pve and exploring on the 'shards'. there is more talk about the bugs you find in pvp like runnig through an enemy until your standing on the exact spot where the enemy standing, according to what members say is that they want this fixed. also talk about jumping in pvp.

• LidaleLidale Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by Lidale

so avid PvP fans are idiots?

here's an idea. instead of griping about the PvP community, which by the way play PvP games, how about playing a game without PvP.  there are plenty of great non-PvP games out and coming out that anyone would be interested in playing.

simple huh? this way everyone gets what they want and neither side has to listen to the other cry(carebears) or laugh at them uncontrolably(PvPers)

or just play Spellborn and we'll see each other in the mines^^ (i prefer this option)

I didnt say every pvper was.  Alot of assholes are attracted to those and you my friend seem like one of those "I OWNED YOU BTCH" type of people.  TBH I love pvp games though the experience can be ruined by some idiot corpse humping you and blurting childish extremities.

• OnijinOnijin Member UncommonPosts: 50
    The only sad part about the goign to the mines to fight for the loot and so on is the fact it's a straight up rip from RF online, wich sadly is what makes that game highly retarded. Aswellt he fact there's no story to it, atleast TCoS is offering us story. 

actually its always been my policy and it will be guild policy in Spellborn that there is no trash talking. so no, i wouldn't be gloating over your corpse if i i happen to kill you

i play pvp games for fun. its the competition that attracts me. with a full time job, college and a girlfriend i am never in the top ranks of players because most games, as they should, reward time spent in game and i simply don't have as much time as others.  this doesn't deter me or detract from the game

i also think so of you should read more of what the developers have said. yes there are integral aspects of exploration and PvE both of which are cornerstones of MMOs and i wouldn't play one that didn't have them.  but there will be shard conquest, which can't be won just by exploring or killing NPCs

think about the combat system, manual targeting, rotating teirs and skill decks. all of this is clearly built to make the game about skill. NPCs are a far cry from a true test of skill with their scripted A.I.

the information is out there. ofcourse people can extrapolate diffent things from what the devs say. in my opinion, from what i've read, this will be the best PvP game available for a while. guess i'll get a better picture sometime this month when beta starts.

but there will be shard conquest, which can't be won just by exploring or killing NPCs

They took it out of the game. At release there will be no shard conquest. Maybe later. When they have solved all the problems they hinted at.

--
    Delanor

• Scy22Scy22 Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by Delanor

but there will be shard conquest, which can't be won just by exploring or killing NPCs

They took it out of the game. At release there will be no shard conquest. Maybe later. When they have solved all the problems they hinted at.

They took shard conquest out of the game?  Give me a quote or it didnt happen.
    Originally posted by Scy22

Originally posted by Delanor

They took shard conquest out of the game?  Give me a quote or it didnt happen.

Ok, but only when you ask nicely. It is on their forums somewhere and it will take me just as much trouble to find it as you.

--
    Delanor