Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Hype" Comments

I find it really funny that people slam the game in their 'hype' comments, when no one has even PLAYED the game yet.  They might have played a Myst game, or possibly even played the previous Until Uru game which was released several years ago.  But no one (besides the current CLOSED Beta testers) have ever played this game.  So, how can people say it's not fun, or boring, or anything when no one even knows?

I think people are just afraid of any game that doesn't involve killing, leveling up, or constant grinding.  Anything that goes against the normal grain of MMO is considered 'boring'.  At least that means the people who DO play Uru Live will be the kind of people I'd actually want to spend time with, not the kind that are just out for the next kill/level.

Comments

• charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381
    hi i understand what you mean but i do play it and i love it my only problem now is i cant seem to play it anymore as the site is down and the patch checker isent working :(
  • Taltos_ZadoqTaltos_Zadoq Member Posts: 11
    It isn't working because the game isn't released yet.  Soon they will hold an 'Open Beta' which means you'll be able to play the game before it is released!  If you keep an eye on the website (www.urulive.com) you can find out when the Beta starts!
  • Rreka'alRreka'al Member Posts: 450
    Well, now that it's open beta, I can say this. It wasn't too hard to get into the closed beta, so he could very well have been playing it. I signed up for it, and made it in a week and a half later. =)

• I was a Ajar Beta tester and I am a Beta tester now.  The game is in excellent shape compared to other versions of URU, maybe even the ever stable offline version.  It is, of course, better than Until Uru, and the loading screens are so much faster than UU or PRIME/TPOTS/To D'ni.  They're almost as fast as End of Ages screens.

There was a huge thread on UruObsession about this earlier when MMORPG.com put up a place for MOUL.
  • w1ngzer0w1ngzer0 Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by Taltos_Zadoq

I find it really funny that people slam the game in their 'hype' comments, when no one has even PLAYED the game yet.  They might have played a Myst game, or possibly even played the previous Until Uru game which was released several years ago.  But no one (besides the current CLOSED Beta testers) have ever played this game.  So, how can people say it's not fun, or boring, or anything when no one even knows?
    I think people are just afraid of any game that doesn't involve killing, leveling up, or constant grinding.  Anything that goes against the normal grain of MMO is considered 'boring'.  At least that means the people who DO play Uru Live will be the kind of people I'd actually want to spend time with, not the kind that are just out for the next kill/level.

Yes and No. I agree you don't need to "kill" something to have fun on an MMO. But the issue i see is, if there is nothing more then an online myst game with no other aspect to it, why would i want to play this puzzle game online? when i can go play a free puzzle game on yahoo with a 60 year old granny?

Just , something more then;  walking around solving puzzles is what i want to see. Thats all

• GriloxGrilox Member Posts: 6
    What? Do you really think that you go around a play crossword puzzles or maybe tetris? You don't seem to understand the depth of the puzzles in question. This isn't some sort of chatroom or word search.

Sheesh. Also, storyline = good. That is all.
  • acheroncycacheroncyc Member Posts: 15
    Judging by the screens, it looks like Second Life but with better ground textures.