It'd be a shame for something that's actually f2p
and from UbiSoft to boot, gets more and more obscure by the day.
Let's get some basics
The proper link to the official website, news, guides and forums;Official website
**The other one which is shadowbane.com is termed as the 'product site' and acts just as an introduction page with outdated contents.1.
For starters,create your own ubi.com account by accessing the Account Manager
** take note that the page only supports Internet Explorer web browser and it really can't seem to work on FF or Opera. >_<:
If that link can't seem to work for you, try this
one because it seems that this one is supported for other browsers than IE.
When you're done with the account validation, proceed to click on the 'Add a subscription' button to activate your SB's FREE subscription.
Game client's download & resources' links;PC version from GameDaily
**The one from gamedaily.com is good for download managers and resumable. You can copy + paste the link by viewing the download 'Properties' after you start the download manually through your browser.PC version from GamersHellMac version from GamersHellOfficial starter guideSB Catacombs (SB fansite) char builds' guide
** A MUST read BEFORE you go hacking and slashing at mobs or even other players!
**SB Catacombs' Char Builder Tool/CalculatorRivkah's Shadowbane NotesThe Morloch WikiGamersGrove's SB fansiteHere's a repost from the official forums on the how-tos;How to get to Test #2782703
- 07/16/06 06:30 AM
Accessing the Test server requires editing two text files, and instructions are below. BE AWARE THAT THESE FILES ARE CASE SENSITIVE.
You will need a separate install for Live and Test since they frequently run different versions. If you want to play both Test and Live make a copy of your existing Live directory and rename it Test or something similar.** TAKE NOTE OF THIS PART PLEASE OR SIMPLY IGNORE IT IF YOU PLAN TO FOCUS ON THE TEST SERVER FOR A BIT. - chakl337
Locate the Shadowbane
(depends on the choice you made at installation time) directory and edit the ShadowbanePatcher.cfg
file (use Notepad or similar editor, not Word) so that it reads:
packages All CacheBig CacheSmall
Then, again using Notepad edit the ArcaneIP.cfg
in the ShadowbaneConfig
directory so that it reads:
PORT= 6000** yes leave the other details ALONE - chakl337
Two other things to know:
- Both Gold and Experience rates are much higher on Test.
** Hence the reason why... It's almost like 15x rates so you can experiment with possibilities,reroll, spend all gold to skills and repeat with no anxiety whatsoever. Faster way to start getting a feel of SB's brutal PvP scene too. Anything you choose, there's more good to it than not - chakl337
- Test can be "wiped" (all data deleted) from time to time. (Many Test players look forward to this.)
** Need I remind what the word 'test' means? I rest my case...
Credits goes to Ben_SBG. Refer to http://ubbforums.ubi.com/showflat.php?Cat=...sb=5&o=&fpart=1
for confirmations.For those with existing Shadowbane installation! FOLLOW THESE STEPS!
1. Make a copy of the Shadowbane folder and rename it something like ShadowbaneTEST.
- Mac users, right click on the shadowbane folder and select Duplicate.
- PC users, right click on the shadowbane folder, select copy, then right click and paste into the ubi folder housing the current shadowbane foler.
2. Download the ArcaneIP.cfg file for the Test Server (available here
3. Extract ArcaneIP.cfg from the zip file and place it in the Config folder in your ShadowbaneTEST Server folder, overwriting the existing file (i.e. ShadowbaneTEST/Config).
4. Download the ShadowbanePatcher.cfg file for the Test Server (available here
5. Extract ShadowbanePatcher.cfg from the zip file and place it in the ShadowbaneTEST Server folder, overwriting the existing file (i.e. ShadowbaneTEST).
6. Create a Shortcut/Alias to the Shadowbane application located in the ShadowbaneTEST folder and use it any time you wish to help us on Test!
Avarix - Keown - Stary - Reason - Grace - Zune - iLife
Stinging - Skrye - Raptorcloak - Earwen - Shintoism - Celery The Shadowbane Tavern My Slice of the Internet
Edited by Ben_SBG (09/26/06 10:10 PM)