Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Combo for Legendary Survivor Title

meltemcemremeltemcemre Member Posts: 20

I am playing the game for a month now and I have ranger/warrior character but I'd like to play from the beginning for the title of legendary survivor which character combo is best for this title. I thought that it may be monk/mesmer but after I read from the forums about mesmer now it seems to be diffucult to play.

Now I'm totally confusedimage. Thanks.

Comments

• ZerandZerand Member Posts: 77

Legendary Survivor you say? After playing a month?
    http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Survivor_title_guide

Look there if you want to know the basics... and so that you know, I don't think you're able to do it. It is one of the hardest titles to get. I don't know if there are even any who has the title :l And if there are, it's only a really small number.

Even to myself I'm a genius

• meltemcemremeltemcemre Member Posts: 20

I saw one in the game and I know how hard this title is but I'd like to try.

That's why I've been asking the best combo for this title. The other titles can be done with other combos but I'd like to be legendaryimage.

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

Well the best combo doesn't really matter IMO the people that have "earn" legendary likely just have a friend or second account on a diff computer grind all the exp for them.

The person going for legendary sits away from battle while the other char kills everything and earns them exp.

Doing it solo requires lots and lots of grinding/farming.  And considering the amount of EXP required to do it, it would seem rather easily to fall asleep at the keyboard or mess up your combo (a keyboard key gets stuck? Lag spikes? hit the windows key, virus scan pops on and minimizes your sceen? or you end up typing in the chat window instead of using skills) and die at least once.  The last one happens a fair amount with me.  I talk while I used to farm and then would die and see "3,4,1,1,1,1,1,1" in the chat text box.

• 3L1TE3L1TE Member Posts: 167

Best combo i have seen for Survivor title is W/Mo

Mine is a R/Mo 1.90 million experience named Il Lmao Il

I think the best is still W/mo tho

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

I was looking around at titles one day and noticed an Assassin and a Paragon that both had "Legedary Survivor (3)". So, I think it's more a matter of player skill rather than what two classes you happen to use.

Also, I think it's a good thing to try for that title early on, so long as you're not quiting if it looks like you're gonna die. Take the death like a man, it just shows you how hard that title is supposed to be.

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

I would probably go ranger and use a lot of pet skills, staying back with a long bow.  It would be difficult to get survivior with warrior because youll be up front always, and you never know when something big is gonna hit you hard. image

I would get used to closing guildwars very quickly, regardless of what you go.  Always make sure you GET OUT OF THERE before you die image  Try practicing it on another character for like a week before making your survivor character, and never play when you are tired.

I used to love playing Diablo II hardcore but I havent gotten too excited about making a survivor character yet. 

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• ZanthoxZanthox Member Posts: 14
    Cheap as it sounds, a lot of time it doesn't have to do with your build, but how fast you can log out/map away. I found if your solo keeping /resign in the chat box and double tapping enter helps.

I got survivors on my Dervish in about 20 hours without much trouble, but I've been playing a long time. I think the ranger idea is good, and I plan on doing just that as soon as a force myself to work on some of my other characters...

~Zanthox Jankins Twinkle'Toes

And also I would like to know if you take this title and after taking the title died what happens? I mean you are already a legendry survivor so you must keep the title dieing after 1,337,500 xp?

I tried survivor title with monk char. but because of lag during a combat i died. And also when you die in pvp does it also count for as death?

Yes, after dying your title remains, and you no longer get additional points towards the next title.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

What is the next title? Are there another title after legendry survivor?
    Originally posted by meltemcemre

What is the next title? Are there another title after legendry survivor?

Well no, there isnt a title after Legendary Survivor (although they could someday add one, maybe).  I was just assuming that your first time through the survivor line of titles you dont make it all the way to the last title.  There are several titles on the survivor track before 'lengendary' that are easier to achieve.

Anyways, I went ahead and started a survivor character!  I am level 11 so far, without dying.  I think the first title comes around the same time as hitting level 20, which I can probably achieve, I think.  I wish I made the character sooner-  With the double XP for capping weekend coming it could be a great time to work on my survivor title.  Anyways, my character is an Assassin/Ranger.  I felt this would be the best because if I were a ranger other players would expect me to pull enemies, which I would not want to do (not to mention, I already have a ranger).  I did not want to go spell caster because they are too squishy and dont have any self heals.  And I wanted to make a factions character, so Assassin sounded pretty good.  I will probably go barrage eventually, but its a hard cap, especially for someone trying to stay alive, so for now I am just using a bow and staying back, although I dont do as well as a ranger or a dagger assassin, I'm no worse than typical PUG members so ah well.

I'll probably hit up Elona after I hit level 20, as Cantha can get very difficult and the Afflicted's tendency to chain reaction explode can lead to many unexpected deaths...  Elona has some enemies that patrol a lot, which could be bad for my survivor character, but Tyria is out of the question seeing how I am an assassin, so Elona is my best bet at this point.  :)  Wish me luck!

• ZanthoxZanthox Member Posts: 14
    ^ actually, what I would recommend is to do as many of the 3k xp quests in cantha just around the marketplace. from there up to Kaineng Center there is enough to push you up the last few lvls. I actually brought my D over to cantha to do that from lvls 17 -20 before even doing the Consulate Docks to get survivors.

~Zanthox Jankins Twinkle'Toes

I also would like to ask which campaign is better to start for a survivor title? I mean I recently have a lot of lag in Cantha and also the afflicteds are dangerous. I dont play nitefall yet. To start the char. nitefall campaign is better or not?
  • NovalithNovalith Member Posts: 15

I also would like to ask which campaign is better to start for a survivor title? I mean I recently have a lot of lag in Cantha and also the afflicteds are dangerous. I dont play nitefall yet. To start the char. nitefall campaign is better or not?

I cant tell you which would be BEST, but I can tell you lag in cantha is not an issue anymore, least for me it isnt.  I think that was probably around the time that factions was still new.

Good luck on getting that insane title.  I am working on more achievable goals myself.

Originally posted by Zanthox

^ actually, what I would recommend is to do as many of the 3k xp quests in cantha just around the marketplace. from there up to Kaineng Center there is enough to push you up the last few lvls. I actually brought my D over to cantha to do that from lvls 17 -20 before even doing the Consulate Docks to get survivors.

Thats a good idea   Thanks.  Those missions are always pretty fun and so easy!

I am also very afraid of the afflicated, so I wouldnt blame you for not wanting to stay in Cantha.  You get to level 20 the fastest in the Cantha newbie area and the slowest in the Tyria newbie area.  The Cantha newbie area isnt the safest of the three, but it is probably worth it anyways.

Like Zanthox said, make sure you do the quests around the marketplace in Cantha, regardless of which continent you start at.  There are also a lot of quests where you first hit the mainland in Elona that could be good to do, but they arent nearly as good for XP as the marketplace quests.

I've gotten my assassin to level 16 now, but I'm scared to death of going anywhere, so I havent  been playing him at all for a while now.    I dont think theres any chance in hell that I'll be able to do the full storyarc in Cantha, ever, without dying...  So basically its off to Elona for me, and I'll get as far as I can get without putting myself into too much danger.   Very exciting.

• FalfeirFalfeir Member UncommonPosts: 492

This is what i did:  start a canthan char. can get to lvl 20 quickly, do quests around marketplace. jump to LA, pay someone to run you sanctum cay. This mission cant be run , so join a group make sure u have a mm with you, helps a lot. Tell people you are working towards survivor title, no need to take swears when things get messy. In the desert anyone can run you to the outpost for some fee. ( If you are lucky Moon would be there for no fee (EU servers dist 1 augury usually ). Complete the missions some of them can be run, look for them and beware scammers. Then slay doppleganger for a good 50k xp. Go to baltazars temple or any place with proffession changer. Enter the dragon mission, dont forget signet of capture, you can solo this with henchmen just be patient. Youll end up in droknars.  A lot more elites to capture around this area. You have to be more careful here though. Now you may want to wait for elite weekends for the elites. in one weekend i summed over 500k xp.

the important thing is knowing what you'lll face. wiki also says this so ill keep short. wherever you go go with an another char first. know thy enemy. If they are using enchentment stripping skills dont bring / use any.  One more thing -again wiki also says this- dont try to do this fast. take your time, you'll have to farm eventually and rushing+losing attention can be your doom. play only for short periods when you are fully awake and aware.

i find ele very easy for the survivor title. take earth magic, kinetic+earth armor gives you about 200 AR. there is a earth magic build for hydra farm. you can farm there indefinetly and youll collect a good sum besides your title.

dont have nightfall so i wont be able to comment on that.

This title can give you heart attack, even when you know you can just log off, you usually dont because you think monk will be healing you any minute, 130hp any minute now 100hp...15hp...

I need more vespene gas.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Succesfull combo is good positioning (read let the heroes/hench fight for you and stay in the back while watching the minimap for patrols) and capping elites.

I at last have survivor title. But now the hard part begins

My char is R/Mo and started Factions campaign. But now I went to LA and try to cap elites and do the augury rock mission. Hope I dont die till the next rank.

Any good suggestions for me to have the title quickly?

• UploadUpload Member Posts: 679
    Survivor title, also known as rage leaver.

I have taken the title with henchs so no rage against my title.

And two of my friends also helped from time to time.