Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Graphical error HELP and a quick unrelated question!

RandycatRandycat Member Posts: 64
I'm having a terribly annoying graphics problem, which is that things that are on other sides of hills and stuff (eg-grass) show THROUGH the hills, or sometimes in mid air...is there any way to fix this? Also, is there any way to check how long you've been playing?

Comments

• ottaconottacon Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by Randycat

I'm having a terribly annoying graphics problem, which is that things that are on other sides of hills and stuff (eg-grass) show THROUGH the hills, or sometimes in mid air...is there any way to fix this? Also, is there any way to check how long you've been playing?

- i never had the graphical problem u described. Are u sure u have no driver problem or bad settings? did u try by lowering ur settings?

- for all i know there isn't a command for that.

greetz

otta
  • RandycatRandycat Member Posts: 64
    I just tried playing around with all the settings and nothing happens :(  If it's my graphic card or something, what could be the problem? Guild Wars works perfectly....
    i don't think it's a hardware issue, it might just be some settings.

Do u have a dual / quad core processor? I heard there were troubles with those too. Try setting the .exe of archlord on 1 processor to see if that helps.

Do u have the latest drivers / directx installed on ur system?

If u startup the game u have a slider in the options to set ur graphix, if u played arround with that, there isn't much more to do exept changing some drop down boxes...

greetz

otta
    Not sure what kind of processor mine is, its listed as: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.60 GHz......How would I change the .exe of archlord to one processor if that's the problem? Also, I did install the latest Direct X that came with the game, not sure about the drivers though...
    Originally posted by Randycat

Not sure what kind of processor mine is, its listed as: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.60 GHz......How would I change the .exe of archlord to one processor if that's the problem? Also, I did install the latest Direct X that came with the game, not sure about the drivers though...
      u don't have a dual or quad core. So that's fine. For others to change the processor on a dual / quad :

- Start the Archlord launcher.

- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and choose "Task manager"

- Go to the "Processes" tab, and find "Archlord.exe".

- Rightclick it and choose "Set affinity"

- Now deselect all cores but one (which one doesn't matter), and press 'OK'

- Start Archlord as usual though the launcher

I don't know what videocard u have, but u can easely find out at the site of ATI or GFORCE if ur drivers are up to date, u can just test by downloading the latest and installing them, it can never do any harm, it's wurth trying.

after installing newer drivers pls test with the slider and settings to see if there is ever any improvement..

hope this helps

otta
    You're right, it was my driver, I downloaded the newer version and now it works fine. THANK YOU!!!! On another quick note, does game time (night/day) equal real time? Yesterday it seemed to (didn't play much though), but today I logged in early afternoon and it appeared to be night...