Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Once again, AoC Delivers. CES Trailer

RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

http://videogames.yahoo.com/predownload?eid=499972

This is link to the new CES Trailer just posted about an hour back on the official forums. I just thought I'd give you guys some hope for 2007.

Just FYI, this is not DX10. This is DX9 Trailer. DX10 version of the game is on display at CES, but there havent been any proper video releases of it yet.

Enjoy. :)

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.

Comments

• XApotheosisXXApotheosisX Member Posts: 277
    oh my ... I may have found my new MMO home.
  • FlodgyFlodgy Member Posts: 108
    Awesome.. a new trailer, well, this is certainly something worthwhile to test the speed of my new connection with!

Thanks for the heads up Raz, been following this game since it was announced.
  • shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Good find thanks for posting Raz.

Looking great, who knows whether we'll see anything good come of it but regardless, it continues to impress.

• DanielleSubeDanielleSube Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by shae

Looking great, who knows whether we'll see anything good come of it but regardless, it continues to impress.

If I may add a substantive contribution.

Looking great, who knows whether we'll see anything good come of it but regardless, (sic) it continues to impress.

Psychoanalysis appears to show that pain plays no part in the formation of the purposive aspect of the instinct drives.

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061
    Age of Conan is surely looking the business, I can't wait to be playing it.
  • b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441
     (enough said)
  • MW2KMW2K Member UncommonPosts: 1,036

Hmmm, I may even give this one a go when it comes out. Funcom have learned a lot from their mixed experience with AO. Plus, I have a thing for sorcerers named Xaltotun.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    We saw some selective shots there.. no UI, no close up fighting, that video was usless told me nothing about how the game plays.. just how the devs staged a scene.

My experience with DnL, DDO and VG has ment I dont get exicted by feature lists or videos any more, only playing the game will do.

Originally posted by Ulujain

Hmmm, I may even give this one a go when it comes out. Funcom have learned a lot from their mixed experience with AO. Plus, I have a thing for sorcerers named Xaltotun.

I can't wait to hear Shae's full and detailed analysis on this post. Ulujain do you think she will write something pretty soon, cos I have to go to bed in an hour or so. I am so excited if Shae offers us her technological wisdom and game-playing experience. Please try and persaude her to share her authoritative pearls with us. I am sure it will be devastating.

Psychoanalysis appears to show that pain plays no part in the formation of the purposive aspect of the instinct drives.

• jadasinjadasin Member Posts: 6

Pathetic attempt to get you going again shae, don't stress over it. You handed it to both of them in the now deleted thread, I hope you just ignore and move on this time around.

Vidy = Amazing btw! Can't wait to see more, more and more of the big C.

• BodyARTBodyART Member UncommonPosts: 14

It's a good thing I started wearing depends to shorten bathroom trips during gaming, Because that trailer was a pants wetter.  .  I just hope it performs as well as it looks on average hardware when beta/retail rolls around.  I don't want to have to upgrade my system again.

Oh, and great find!  thanks for sharing! 

• KeridwanKeridwan Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by jadasin

Vidy = Amazing btw! Can't wait to see more, more and more of the big C.
    I agree with jadasin and am surprised she only has 3 posts under her belt:  Vidy = Amazing btw! Can't wait to see more, more and more of the Big C.

Femmes Fatales - The Power of the Feminine in the Art of MMO

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244
    i guess im the only one who saw something with 5 year old graphics, and nothing in the way of gameplay?

the scenery was nice however. sadly, i dont play games to go sightseeing. ill probably play, but if it doesnt play better than it looks im not going to play beyond whatever time comes with the box.
  • MW2KMW2K Member UncommonPosts: 1,036

No, I saw a lot of that too. But I'll keep an open mind on the game though.

Originally posted by Ulujain

No, I saw a lot of that too. But I'll keep an open mind on the game though.
    Wow Ulujain, you are fab and really cool. I hope we see you in Age of Conan, maybe our guild/clan can form some kinda alliance.

• FlywheelFlywheel Member Posts: 60
    This and tabula Rasa are now the only 2 games I have to look forward to after playing Vanguard beta.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• AshkentAshkent Member Posts: 772
    I'm a huge Conan and Robert E. Howard fan. Can't wait for this game. I'm just afraid all the leet dudes and phat lewt hunterz are gonna ruin the experience for me

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628
    Originally posted by Xennith

i guess im the only one who saw something with 5 year old graphics, and nothing in the way of gameplay?

the scenery was nice however. sadly, i dont play games to go sightseeing. ill probably play, but if it doesnt play better than it looks im not going to play beyond whatever time comes with the box.

Sigh,  cant convince em all I guess. I am glad though that the general vibe from this thread was that everyone is anywhere from 'Meh its ok' to 'OMFG w00t!'.

EDIT: For the guy who thinks theres just 1 video of age of conan out there, go to www.youtube.com and search for Age of Conan. This is an ingame trailer, not a gameplay video.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.

• End_of_a_eraEnd_of_a_era Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by solareus

Originally posted by End_of_a_era

I dunno the art direction looks bland boring and generic and the graphics look about 4 years old :
    lol right, look at the youtube video and do a comparison to tsomething like , o i dont know , vanguard

AoC is going to own your life !

Who said anything about vanguard? I mean most of it is Single Player anyways lol, looks crap tbh. The models look horrible and the animations look even worse.

imageimage

• KaptainZergKaptainZerg Member Posts: 322

If the game turns out to be cool from a gameplay perspective I will shut up and maybe even join the cheerleader section. But, there is nothing in this trailer to get excited about unless you are a large investor in FunCom, in which case you should be worried because it looks like Age of So Bland is going to bomb.

As others have said, the devs know how to stage a battle scene but nothing else about the game is revealed. I can promise you that if you ever participate in a large battle with fifty or more avatars in a tight area your char won't be happily jogging into the crowd in real time, lol.

Even as an action video that we all know doesn't look like what we'll see in game this trailer sucks. FunCom can't even lie well. But hey, have fun cheering.