Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ferrying ?

tehclamtehclam Member Posts: 11

Hey all. Just started Nightfall. We own all 3 chapters.

1. Will we be able to play the other chapters/missions/etc. with our NF character ?

2. How do we get our NF character to the other maps ?

3. Is that what all the ferrying spam is all about ?

Comments

• AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

1. Yes.
    2. Do a quest from Kamadan and jump on the boat. Info here, "How do I get there?": Tyria and Cantha.
    3. No Actually yes, I'm stupid lol.

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

Actually, #3 is a big YES. Usually you need to complete some quests on Istan before you can get to the consolate docs, which is what opens the door for you to get to Tyria and Cantha. The people who ferry are giving you a shortcut, they have completed the quests and by grouping with you and starting the mission, they are able to short-cut you to the consolate docks.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

Originally posted by NFWolfDude
    Actually, #3 is a big YES. Usually you need to complete some quests on Istan before you can get to the consolate docs, which is what opens the door for you to get to Tyria and Cantha. The people who ferry are giving you a shortcut, they have completed the quests and by grouping with you and starting the mission, they are able to short-cut you to the consolate docks.
    Ugh, looks like I was wrong big time. I thought that by "ferrying" he was talking about people like Droknar runners or those that taxi you to Canthan elite missions, but I guess I don't PvE much lately. Sorry about the wrong answer, I'll edit it out ^^

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

mmm , r u guys sure of this ?

i think the ferry is just to get max armor

im not sure becose i never got that ferry in akamanda , and i didnt brinf any NF char to tyria or cantha yet.

btw i think the ferry to max armor is a exploit for losers

Originally posted by neoteo
    mmm , r u guys sure of this ?
    I think he's right, I heard something along those lines.

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

"ferry" is a word which mean like "teleport" in guild wars. basicaly, person who ferry will teleport you to a location which you normaly have to do quest or gain special acess to get there. they will tell  such as: ferry to the deep, ferry to the dock.:D . to easy for understand, they are like a plane which take you to other country to buy new armo and access . ferry only  can be use for  some specific location which can't be run or walk normaly

runner is more like a taxi, they run you to new location which save you time to walk or fight to that place. runner can be use for  many location but not ferry's location.

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517
    I think it's this one:  gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/The_Time_is_Nigh

But I don't know for sure.  But either way I think it's a Pseudo-Mission (IE: a Quest that moves your whole group there Automatically) as opposed to a Mission which actually requires a Player-Status check before starting.  In other words, a Quest will teleport your whole party to the next area nomatter where your party members are in the storyline, but missions in Nightfall often won't start at all if any member of the party hasn't completed all the required Storyline/Campaign objectives.

Does completing it open up the quests from Deras Tenderlin  and Funwa Shento so you can actually travel to the other Conts?  I don't know, it doesn't necessarily indicate that.  The only thing in the Consolate Docks is Max Armor which there's no way in hell a newby player will be able to afford that Armor unless they know someone with Tons of Plat or Ebay-it.

true about the plat and ebay

but even for a sec char i think its ridiculus wanting to ferry your noob char to the max armor
    the noob island is fun and easy to play
    its my opinion tho

and also in profecies if you wanted to do that , you had to go post searing and then get a runner from ascalon to droks , witch is a long run and requires skill

the ferrying to docks is just a clic , and people make gold with that ...

• tehclamtehclam Member Posts: 11
    Thanks all. I'm not concerned about the armor, etc. I just wanted to find out more info about getting/playing the missions from the other 2 chapters since I am starting out in NF.
  • Torquemada40Torquemada40 Member Posts: 71

Well what about the Droks runs of old? I think it's fine unless it's your first char....

Originally posted by Torquemada40

Well what about the Droks runs of old? I think it's fine unless it's your first char....

as i said , the droks run require skill and its a long run , and you had to be post searing
    in kamadam its just a clic , i think the losers are the ones making money with it , more then those that get the ferry
    but anyone plays like they want , i dont care.

• CaleSentariCaleSentari Member Posts: 178

The ferry talk in Kamadan is usually in regards to getting a new NF character access to the Consulate Docks mission outpost, the only place on the newbie island that has max armor.  Someone who has the quest to enter this outpost, the one linked to earlier, can take someone who hasn't completed the pre-reqs into the Docks mission outpost.  They cannot do the actual mission and be taken to the Elona Mainland, but they do have access to the max armor.

I do believe it is also in regards to "ferrying" others to the different continents from the first chapters.  Can't' confirm myself, as I've only taken one NF character over, and they had the actual quests themselves.  However, I do believe a guildie was able to ferried to Cantha in this manner a week or so ago.

Other than the ferry, following the primary quest/storyline will eventually lead to the quests becoming available, prob after "the Time is nigh" quest.  When they are available, when you zone into Kamadan I believe it gives you a message to the effect of "To travel to Cantha go see so-and-so."  Not 100% certain on that, as too much gaming at some point "stolez my memoryz!".

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517
    I saw plenty of people ferrying there for free.   And most that charge for it, keep it in the triple digits.  Doesn't seem that dishonorable to me.  Meanwhile for Droks, the usual rate now is 8K (tho most people seem to be handling it with Double-Runners charging 3-5K each).  As far as Ripoffs go, Droks is by far the biggest rip off in the game and the devs made it worse by Super-buffing all the mobs that block the run.
  • Torquemada40Torquemada40 Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by iller

I saw plenty of people ferrying there for free.   And most that charge for it, keep it in the triple digits.  Doesn't seem that dishonorable to me.  Meanwhile for Droks, the usual rate now is 8K (tho most people seem to be handling it with Double-Runners charging 3-5K each).  As far as Ripoffs go, Droks is by far the biggest rip off in the game and the devs made it worse by Super-buffing all the mobs that block the run.
    Double-runners? All I remember is having a slight problem with shadows smiters KDing you along with some giants. Did they buff the mobs to harden the run?