Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do NOT Play List

Comments

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    The top of my "Do not play list" is CoH.  Boy do I sure hate that game!  And no I am not being sarcastic.

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

--------------------------------------------

People can be split into two groups: arrays and vectors. Both hold data but one is more efficent than the other.

• GnarledGnarled Member Posts: 566

Wish.

A fronte precipitium a tergo lupi

EQII
    Requiiem, Templar
    Neriak

• TraighenTraighen Member Posts: 4
    I think its a great game ...

dsfgh

dsfgh

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

Good list?  This is the worst possible way to determine if you will like a game or not or how good it is.

No matter how good a game is there will always be at least some people who would put it on their do not play list.  So once enough people post all you have is a list of all the games out there and you baiscally shouldnt play any of them...  image

A list with pros and cons from people who have played or read extensively about the games will often provide people with at least a way to compare what they are looking for in a game and what the games out there have to offer.

Taste is so varied you really need to be looking for information about the game in relation to what your looking for, not what other people think of a game or if it meets their taste.

Personally I liked EQ and Lineage 2 while I didnt care much for FFXI and didnt like DAoC at all.  That doesnt mean that DAoC and FFXI are crap, just that they didnt provide what I was looking for a in a mmorpg.  I absolutely hated Shadowbane and it had bugs so it was crap to me but some people loved it so its not crap to everyone.

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386
    Well, it's safe to assume that several of the games I originally wrote were games 1/1,000,000 ppl would like.

Games like Mu are a total waste of time. Many, many, many ppl agree w/ me on that. It's really cool at first, and has alot more different types of weapons than most games have.... wich gives it the psuedo-effect of a real game...... UNTILL you get to mid lvl and see that the game is crap. (and leveling takes a LONG time in that game..... even power-leveling takes a long long long time)

Explorer 20%

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

I also remember the brilliant thing that Horizons was origiannly going to be (and that was years ago), it was far ahead of its time in concept! There's a long ugly story about how it was stolen from the original creator (don't want to get into all that, very sad, very ugly). I was in the beta for it, and could see then it wasn't going to amount to anything in the butchered/lobotimized thing it became. Very sad... Dark&Light has real possibilites!

I also agree with "Darktongue" about Lineage2 which I think is really a joke, come on, it's just got good graphics thats it. The grind is insane, very in keeping with the power-gamer trip that asian players seem obsessed with but the western audience seems alittle more interested in something more. Something with alittle depth maybe?

• Conv3rgeConv3rge Member UncommonPosts: 21

Originally posted by Malkavian

Originally posted by webBear1000

Don't play Dark Age of Camelot
    It's stupid!!!

Considering DAOC is ranked No 1 to our members, I'm not sure if "stupid" is a justifyable reason.

- Malkavian image

Agreed. If you're going to call it stupid at least have some reasons to support this, if this is your honest opinion. If there is a reason that you want people to avoid this game, at least tell us what it is.

-Norshad

http://www.foxfire.ws

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by Norshad

Originally posted by Malkavian

It's stupid!!!

Considering DAOC is ranked No 1 to our members, I'm not sure if "stupid" is a justifyable reason.

- Malkavian image

Agreed. If you're going to call it stupid at least have some reasons to support this, if this is your honest opinion. If there is a reason that you want people to avoid this game, at least tell us what it is.

-Norshad

http://www.foxfire.ws

1. Graphics look ugly

2. Transportation is rediculous (1 horse, that doesn't even move like a horse)

3. Insanely easy levelling(get to level 50 in a matter of 2 weeks, less if your a hardcore gamer)

4. Bleak enviroment (OOhhh look i see trees! And look over there, more trees!)

5. Small world (i dont think i need to explain why it just is)

6. Battle Grounds is a waste of time

7. Stupid tradeskills (it's sooooo boring image)

8. Boring combat (In my oppinion)

This was one of the worst MMO's i have ever played. I couldn't believe when i saw it was first place on MMORPG.com maybe because it was good 3 years ago. Thank god it was only 15 bucks.

FFXI- 30Warrior/13Monk
    Server- Lakshmi
    Linkshell- Drunken Chocobos (www.drunkchocobos.com)

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • KnowledgeKnowledge Member UncommonPosts: 140

Okay...I'm going to try and make this an intelligent post and not sound like a flame.  I have been playing MMORPGs for about 8 years now (wow I'm getting old) and I have played the lot of them.  There may have been a few here or there that I overlooked but trust me, I'm an MMORPG expert.  I have beta tested most of these games as well.  I've watched them grow, I've watched them keel over and croak.  I've been excited about certain ones,  I've lost interest in others, and there's some I just completely despised.  All the while, no matter what game I played, there were always two types of people (not limitted to these two but these two definately existed):

1. People who loved the game.

2. People who hated the game.

Even as an MMORPG expert I am still at no liberty to tell someone not to play a game.  Every game has its ups and downs, some more than others, but remember that just like when you see some ugly person you wouldn't give a chance to there is a person in this world that thinks that ugly person is the most beutifull of all God's creations.  image

All in all, there's definately games that I have played that I would not play again but those same games have faithfull players who worship the digital grounds their Game Masters walk on.  In conclusion, my DO NOT PLAY list consists of only this:

If you don't like it, don't play it.

True Knowledge is Knowing that you Know Knothing!

• HammerhandHammerhand Member Posts: 28

I say we disreguard any post with requests to add games to this list if they can't come up with a reason why other than "its stupid". If you can't give at least some examples as to why you think a game "is stupid" then don't bother posting. Thanks.

I would have to say I would agree that DOAC is on my list as a game I was dissapointed with. It is exactly the same as every other MMORPG, the only difference is the battlefield which is different and a pretty good idea but nothing to base a whole game around. I played it for about 2 weeks and haven't be able to bring myself to log back on. Oh and it really pissed me off when they changed my name and there was nothing wrong with it.

I would also have to say SWG is another game I was highly dissapointed with. I played the game for almost a year and the only things that kept me going was the idea that I could play as my favorite chars from the movie. Also I really had hoped I would have a chance at becomming a jedi which I late found out I never had a chance. The worste thing about the game though is that even after a year or more after the game release the same half of the game that was broken from the very beginning was still BROKEN. They just kept adding more and more BROKEN parts to the game and never bothered to fix what was already broken before they added more broken content. This is very unexcusable to me but hey that is just my two credits right?

I think the game I am hoping that will be the game I am looking for is Ultima X Online, there is finally a game that appears to disreguard every one elses feeble attempts to be good at every aspect of a mmorpg and just focus on a couple things. Hopefully when they do this the things they focus on will be very high quality.

• AprillyAprilly Member UncommonPosts: 124

Originally posted by Knowledge

Even as an MMORPG expert I am still at no liberty to tell someone not to play a game.  Every game has its ups and downs, some more than others, but remember that just like when you see some ugly person you wouldn't give a chance to there is a person in this world that thinks that ugly person is the most beutifull of all God's creations.  image
    All in all, there's definately games that I have played that I would not play again but those same games have faithfull players who worship the digital grounds their Game Masters walk on.  In conclusion, my DO NOT PLAY list consists of only this:
    If you don't like it, don't play it.

I agree with you completely.  One persons trash is anothers treausre.

That which does not kill you only makes you stronger.

• CthulhuXXCthulhuXX Member Posts: 9

I would also recommend not playing DAOC.

The basic problem is that in order to be competitive you need the following:

1. The ability to run two instances of DAOC simultaneously so you can have a buffbot to buff the stats of the toon you're actually playing.

2. TOA, the newest expansion, which only works if you also have the Shrouded Isles expansion.

3. Tons of hours to waste in TOA obtaining and activating the artifacts without which you are nothing but a duck with a big red target on it's head in pvp.

Now, normally you would expect that at the highest lvl you can get to (50), you would at least be competitive against the other players. In DAOC, that is no longer the case. You have to shell out the money for two accounts and all expansions and spend months obtaining stupid artifacts before you will be competitive.

And since DAOC is going downhill anyway, and good-looking games are fast approaching, all that money and time would be a waste on DAOC, in my opinion.

Was a great game, but it's been ruined now.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253
    Horizons is not that badimage

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• holycannoliholycannoli Member Posts: 236

Rathma you forgot the hordes of gank squads, the rampant buffbotting, and the rampant cheating in the form of 3rd party radar programs.

DAOC is just a shadow of it's former self. I used to play and I just had to leave after over a year. It's really gotten out of hand now. BTW if you don't know what buffbotting is, it's using a 2nd and sometimes 3rd account to give your main character near-insane buff levels, and this practice is so common now that those that don't do it are in the minority. Same thing with radar cheating. It's become the norm.

Too bad :( I used to like that game. 

• holycannoliholycannoli Member Posts: 236

You think Horizons isn't that bad? Do you know how it was originally designed? There's just no comparison. Current Horizons is just a shell of it's former self (even moreso than current DAOC compared to old DAOC), and it's not even PvP any longer! Two hints of it's former self: there were to be angels, some other good race forgot the name, demons and vampires as playable races as well as some quad-wielding insect race with 4 arms. And the smaller races could ride the bigger ones, like a goblin riding that insect race into battle. So much potential gone down the drain...

So far the only other MMORPG that seems to come close is Dark and Light.

I just hope they don't go and butcher D&L too!

• ThoronThoron Member Posts: 2

It's stupid!!!

You moron lol, DAoC is the best mmorpg ever played yet... beats the shit out of anyone, no1 is close to it

• XbeastMxXbeastMx Member Posts: 9
    Thank god I beta tested Horizons and realized before release that it would suck terribly. Has an awesome crafting system but how in the heck are you suppose to sell your crafts if there is no adventuring, which sucked during final beta. On top of all that it's so buggy it gives you the creeps unless they finally realized what an update is...

I'm not going down there. Do you know what those things can do? Suck the paint off of your house and give your family a permanent orange afro.

I'm not going down there. Do you know what those things can do? Suck the paint off of your house and give your family a permanent orange afro.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

ShadowBane

I pray to God no one has to go through the experience I did

• FoGxyFoGxy Member Posts: 33

Great list.... But I would put Horizons at the top.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FoG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FoG

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Originally posted by MurtBijani

ShadowBane

Too late....

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

imagegot it!

we must join forces to stop others from experiencing that terrible feeling!

• DaryoonDaryoon Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by MurtBijani
    ShadowBane

So much potential ... down the tubes.

I enjoyed what it could have been more than I enjoyed what it was. I was gone before my 30 days (that came with the game) expired.

Spooooon!!!!

Spooooon!!!!

• horridhorrid Member Posts: 129

terrible list.  Why is it that mmorpg players consider a game bad if they only had fun in it for a few months and not years?  I could say EQ should be on the list, I hate that game!  But I enjoyed it for years.  If I had quit after lvl 20 I would still look back at those first 10 or so levels and still think that was one great game.

Games worth playing for a few months, get some fun out of them then move on.

Shadowbane, Horizons, AC2

• AltimitAltimit Member Posts: 82
    I got the impression they were talking about games that are fun for more than a couple weeks...

• KevinRKevinR Member Posts: 35
    I am just waiting for my Horizons account to end on the 16th April. I have played the game since Beta on the EU servers. I have now given up hoping that the combat lag and storage problems will be fixed. Trying to get information out of AE and GN is nearly impossible, they answer the questions they want and ignore the rest. There are 3 players left in our guild and they are all leaving this month. The only other game that I gave up on in the first few months was Earth and Beyond.