Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lol

Me83Me83 Member Posts: 12
lol im the first to say anything in this forum

Comments

• rpgmachinerpgmachine Member UncommonPosts: 36
    2nd! image
  • ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Great, more amateurs create a feeble attempt at a game in their basement. Lucky us::::07::

• HaplosHaplos Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Originally posted by Zorvan

Great, more amateurs create a feeble attempt at a game in their basement. Lucky us::::07::
    This one hit the streets shortly after Meridian 54, it's been around for 30ish years, and while it's very dated it's still played by a loyal following, so I'd think they rate better than your amateur rating
    Originally posted by Haplos

Originally posted by Zorvan

This one hit the streets shortly after Meridian 54, it's been around for 30ish years, and while it's very dated it's still played by a loyal following, so I'd think they rate better than your amateur rating

Actually, I think I posted this in the wrong forum, but can't remember what game I was intending
  • HaplosHaplos Member UncommonPosts: 82
    No major, I just happened to of played it so was familiar with it.  Since I called Meridian 59...54, I can certainly see how you could of thought this was a new one, even if you were in the right forum
  • the_chosen_1the_chosen_1 Member Posts: 33

ohm well idont like hurting other ppls feelings but i have 2 say this game dosent look 2 good srry

why dont u make an update witch changes the whole game i know it is a lot of work but .....

maybe more ppl will play  it and i dont thing so many ppl play this game ake the grafic some more better

i dont know how 2 make games but i can tell u good and bad grafic and this 1 dosent look 2 good

• DelfolioDelfolio Member Posts: 21
    If its free.. it's for me!!  jk.  reminds me of UO
  • KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499
    This game would kickass on gameboy.. IT actually does look like a gameboy game

I'm tempted to play just to see how many people are actually in it =P
  • MagnasMagnas Member UncommonPosts: 21

This was one of the very first graphic  rpg games. Before this is was all text based MuDs so when Drakkar came along it was great. Then Legends of Kesmai, the old NwN on AoL and Meridan 59.

I think its great they kept it running just for nostalgia 's sake. I spent many hours doing the Halbard dance where you could hit and move hit and move and kite a mob:)

Lord IM getting old.

John P Cooper

Do you still play? Haha *wants to try*
  • AthenakamAthenakam Member Posts: 1
    I've played this game for almost 9 years off n' on.  Met many fine fellow gamers and life long friends. Yeah its an old game..but it has a TON of content.  The graphics have been updated although they are nothing like WOW or that genre.  The community is small and long lasting.  You can play for free on alt one for as long as you like, or pay the 4.95 a month for access to other zones.  As a longtime gamer, I'd have to say this game rates as one of my all time top ten favs.  Honestly, I'd take game content and skill-to-play over any game with so called eye-candy graphics. 

Athy

PS

Its been around officially 20 yrs...quite an interesting history as well, if your into the history of MMORGs. 

Lol i'm deciding whether to try this or Ogre Island.. I'm trying to find an RPG that's playable at school

Originally posted by Athenakam

I've played this game for almost 9 years off n' on.  Met many fine fellow gamers and life long friends. Yeah its an old game..but it has a TON of content.  The graphics have been updated although they are nothing like WOW or that genre.  The community is small and long lasting.  You can play for free on alt one for as long as you like, or pay the 4.95 a month for access to other zones.  As a longtime gamer, I'd have to say this game rates as one of my all time top ten favs.  Honestly, I'd take game content and skill-to-play over any game with so called eye-candy graphics. 

Athy

PS

Its been around officially 20 yrs...quite an interesting history as well, if your into the history of MMORGs. 
  • BolmungBolmung Member Posts: 24
    it hasnt been around for 20 years lol the internet was released to the public around 1992...
  • the internet going public has nothing to do with it, it would have been possible to connect multiple people to a game over long distances before 1992, it is possible that whoever said that this has a very long history is right
  • ViolertViolert Member Posts: 33

In other words, this is a very old and simple game and the graphics are extremely pixelly.

It is a historic game, it deserves credit, but it's not for me, I've already been corrupted by the blood and gore games of today.

lmao

But I'm an idiot, so you've been warned <3

• DenearionDenearion Member Posts: 48

lol. This game is just like tibia (not talkin bout community - didn' play)
    It seemed to be just game for some freaks who like old games (to be honest me to like LBA, QII etc.).
    But then...

You can play for free on alt one for as long as you like, or pay the 4.95 a month for access to other zones.
  • ViolertViolert Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by Denearion

wonder whether first gms and programmers are still alive ×D
        LMFAO!!!!! I bet they're alive, but in a retirement home... I can just imagine this old guy saying to his grandkids

"When I was a boy.. I helped make one of them internet games like you play anows..."

and then the kid saying

"Err grandpa? I don't play anything like that, it's old even for a computer game -barfs on grandpa's shoes-"

No offense meant to senior citizens.

But I'm an idiot, so you've been warned <3

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

So, which server should i start on?

I'm in tears, thanks to all of you

/cheers

Wonder if the cologne was named after this? It certainly smells bad enough to be plausible.

• truerune777truerune777 Member Posts: 44

well that games looks alright for something released a long time ago but one thing that bothers me is in the overview it says "killing other players is strictly prohibited"...eh so no pvp?

You have two choices,Die quick or Live tortured...choose wisely...I'll make you regret either choice

• XicusXicus Member Posts: 55

You have another choise actually don't bother going near it.

• TheTruthToldTheTruthTold Member UncommonPosts: 107

Eventually, everyone will leave all their fancy graphic games and come to this. It is the master plan of the evil MMO gnomes. Be watchful of their monkeys, ninja monkeys.

• MartialartsMartialarts Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by nethaniah

the internet going public has nothing to do with it, it would have been possible to connect multiple people to a game over long distances before 1992, it is possible that whoever said that this has a very long history is right

I bet you 1k internet was around before that take me up? It actully started in 1956 goverment use only. then in 80 it was released to many in 1984 it was open for almost all in 1989 it went public and i have played this game called Drakkar when it was by the hour my bill was about $150.00 in real money a month.

And yes i am one of those old players as well