Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

people who hate runescape should look at this

cameronx5cameronx5 Member Posts: 7
allright people who hate runescape go ahead and post about runescape in anyway u want because in all ur just trying to put people who play down and sadly its not working too well...runescape was a classic game in which people could just do there own thing and lvl up or whateve. If many of u did not know runescape is making more money then most games out there right now they are making close to 5 million a month and of course its not that great of a game anymore i played it a long time and got very bored of it. yes alot of the things u people say are true so i say go for it!.....but let me tell u this u and many more are just giving jagex ideas and they will continue to grow.....So people who hate runescape and people who love it post here but plz dont rebuke others thoughts...thanx

Comments

• bazworldbazworld Member UncommonPosts: 12

well i played runescape but once i got past lvl 80 i got bored with it i wasted well over 3 years on it

• Gamer09Gamer09 Member Posts: 9
    Seriously it's the worst game i'll ever play. Jagex never listens to the free players and are only concerned with making money. I wouldn't be surprised if they just made runescape p2p.

<b>GAMERS UNITE!</b>
    <textcolor = "PURPLE">

• RaevunRaevun Member Posts: 11

Yes, it's a pretty bad game. But with no download, next to no loading time, zero lag, tons of skills, and a (Yes, I will say it) overall friendly community it does have its strongpoints. Perfect for newbz with terrible computers like me.

You're right, I said the community is good. The problem is most of you don't play the Member version. There are FAR fewer noobs, beggars, hackers, and scammers there. Almost every person I meet I feel the need to add them to my friends list because they all give me a lasting friendly impression. I'm level 110 and have more level 80s on my list than most level 80s.

Why is that? Because in Runescape most (not all) level gaps are bridged. I'm not talking extreme gaps like level 100 to level 50, but between two real players that share the same opinions the friends list can get pretty varied. It's not like in most games where you can reach the max level of (not to point any fingers at WoW) 60 within a few months of playing, and not even religiously. I have played for five years now in December, and am still not even halfway to level 126 experience-wise, which is the max.

Updates every week or two, who can argue with that? Granted, many updates are lame quests or unneeded improvements, but they are there nonetheless. On the topic of quests and updates, there is more gameplay in Runescape than every other MMO I've played combined. Over twenty skills each of which take 13 million experience to max (In the fastest of skills you can get that in about 100 hours, in the slowest but often most rewarding skills this would take about 2-3,000,) and now over one hundred quests. They aren't all fluffer quests like most games where you run to one NPC from another NPC and kill a wolf or two in between. Some take five hours WITH a good online guide, and perhaps weeks without.

Not to mention the equipment. There are tons of variations of armor, robes, leather, and weapons. Sure, the actual character appearances are lacking, but I've seen worse. Some equipment, such as the newer Capes of Achievement, require real time and patience. Others, such as the valuable rare holiday items like the Party Hat, require a healthy Runescape bank account or a looooot of time. And the elusive Fire Cape, which gives great stat bonuses, takes skill, timing, and about two hours of sitting time per shot. Or a friend that's good at getting them.

One thing I hate is the customer support. I sent in an appeal for all four of my black marks (all ridiculously dumb offenses) and all four came back with the same automated message saying that "We apologize, but we have evidence stating that you were in control of your account at the time of the offense." I appealed for customer support mistake, not "I was hacked!"

Yes, Runescape isn't the best. Yes, it can be very immature at times. But there are still a lot of mature players, and the Roleplay and Stories sections of their official forums are always a hoot to look at. It's cheap, fun, addicting, and extensive. I've quit many times in my five year run, and I'm sure I will quit many times in the future. But I know that eventually I will always come back. I would much rather pay 60 bucks for a year of Runescape than 50 for a console game I'll play for a max of 100 hours (which is like playing Runescape only 15-20 minutes a day for a year, for almost the same price) or 150+ a year for a "bigger" MMO. Say what you want, you can have your elves and +5 Warhammers of Thunder. Give me an Abyssal Whip, full Guthan armor, and I'll be set.

EDIT: Ooooh, didn't even read your comment about money Gamers. Explain to me why other MMOs cost 50 bucks upfront with 15 more a month and NO trial, then tell me why Jagex is greedy with a Free To Play version containing most skills, many quests, and a good chunk of the map, while the full agme only costs 5 a month with no upfront?

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Raevun
    (...)Ooooh, didn't even read your comment about money Gamers. Explain to me why other MMOs cost 50 bucks upfront with 15 more a month and NO trial, then tell me why Jagex is greedy with a Free To Play version containing most skills, many quests, and a good chunk of the map, while the full agme only costs 5 a month with no upfront?
    On "Pay To Play" Or, MMORPG Business Models 101b Raph Koster
  • sparky7483sparky7483 Member Posts: 159

Originally posted by cameronx5
    allright people who hate runescape go ahead and post about runescape in anyway u want because in all ur just trying to put people who play down and sadly its not working too well...runescape was a classic game in which people could just do there own thing and lvl up or whateve. If many of u did not know runescape is making more money then most games out there right now they are making close to 5 million a month and of course its not that great of a game anymore i played it a long time and got very bored of it. yes alot of the things u people say are true so i say go for it!.....but let me tell u this u and many more are just giving jagex ideas and they will continue to grow.....So people who hate runescape and people who love it post here but plz dont rebuke others thoughts...thanx

We are not trying to put people down who play this game. We are merely expressing our opinions about how bad we think RS sucks.

Life is full of choices--dont make RS one of em
    ----------
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by Raevun

EDIT: Ooooh, didn't even read your comment about money Gamers. Explain to me why other MMOs cost 50 bucks upfront with 15 more a month and NO trial, then tell me why Jagex is greedy with a Free To Play version containing most skills, many quests, and a good chunk of the map, while the full agme only costs 5 a month with no upfront?

You get what you pay for.

• M3NT0M3NT0 Member Posts: 2
    They're making the most money? That's just plain out stupid, ever heard of World of Warcraft? Besides, the game is horrible, it's boring, dull and has a horrible community. RuneScape = >:(
  • cameronx5cameronx5 Member Posts: 7
    hahaha let me tell u something have u ever heard of "more people play and pay runescape then even just play wow" WOW is good and all but there isnt much to do on it
  • cameronx5cameronx5 Member Posts: 7

No if u look around on the forums here are some things ur "merely expressing our opinions" that u encounter

"you noobs...u guys suck if u play runescape"

"Runescape just sucks and all the people who play it suck too"

thats just 2 things iv seen please do not say that ur not trying to put people down cause u just plain out are

• sparky7483sparky7483 Member Posts: 159

Originally posted by cameronx5

No if u look around on the forums here are some things ur "merely expressing our opinions" that u encounter

"you noobs...u guys suck if u play runescape"
    "Runescape just sucks and all the people who play it suck too"
    thats just 2 things iv seen please do not say that ur not trying to put people down cause u just plain out are

Lets see... theres only 2 of them and they dont have names or links. Smells like bullshit.

But if u can link me to where you found them, please do and I will believe you.

EDIT: dont use mikem8 as an example-hes a douche

Life is full of choices--dont make RS one of em
    ----------
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• ArkeiArkei Member Posts: 22

You flamers should watch out for people that actually care about the game.

99.9% <3 RuneScape

0.1% >:c RuneScape

You play it now, you get killed by the 99.9%.

• MooslogyMooslogy Member Posts: 19

*cough* WoW makes about 50 million a month, not counting the realm tranfers, the hundreds, maybe thousands of people who buy the game everyday, and the money that is made from Blizzard selling their beautiful product to stores accros the whole world. Besides, most people post because the game truly is a honking piece of donkey shit. BTW, Mikem8, I saw the contents of the your post that was deleted, and that is totally true.

• TheHelperTheHelper Member Posts: 108
    Originally posted by M3NT0

They're making the most money? That's just plain out stupid, ever heard of World of Warcraft? Besides, the game is horrible, it's boring, dull and has a horrible community. RuneScape = >:(
    Im with you on this one  M3NTO        game =    what year are they in i wonder.... stoneage graphics fix em  then ill say maybe that its a good game
  • murdera2k6murdera2k6 Member UncommonPosts: 474
    At first i loved this game, i thought it was brilliant and no game could even touch it. i was 12, i was obsessed stayed for ages playing trying to get the quest done/get the next lvl get the best weopon, but then i opened my eyes. the only game i ever looked at was RUNESCAPE, it looks gr8 but then check out all the other games out there, runescape is rubbish compared. peopl e wo play it arent sad but they just havent looked at other choices. since then ive played WoW, EVE, GW, EQ2 and many other i cant remember. but what u cant get from any other game but runescape is the variaty in what u can do, so many lvls to get up which takes ages, loads of things to make.. u cant get in any game but it lacks in graphics, sound effects, combat, and not enough for f2p (i was a p2p). people can play better games now that are value for money, jagex need to improve fast to compete. this game is for 10 - 12 yr olds i think after 12 they can play more advanced games.

"If they can make Penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you," - Muhammed Ali

• PunisherXPunisherX Member Posts: 231
    Here is my opinion; I've been playing for about 2 or 3 years now, and I don't hate it. The main way not to get bored with this game is to not play it every single second of every single minute of every single hour and so on and so forth. I can get very bored of this game sometimes, so I take a break from it, then I go back to it and play it until I get bored again, then I just take a break again.
  • NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276
    overall friendly community it does have its strongpoints

Did you just say.... runescape and friendly community in the same sentance? Runescapes community is *anything* but friendly.
  • Rs_PlayaRs_Playa Member Posts: 5

runescape rocks! when i got bored of my main acc i made a pure account designed only for
    pking/staking/killing. If anyone quits can i have their acc/items?

• True_ThornTrue_Thorn Member Posts: 5
    I have to agree with murdera, runescape used to seem amazing...lol a very long time ago... i got to lvl 95 and then i looked at some other games...afterwards i beat myself till i turned purple thinkin about how much time i wasted on such a game...(btw said b4, say it again, bbaadd community!)
  • tyme929tyme929 Member Posts: 1
    can i have your runescape acc plz
  • pk3rpurepk3rpure Member Posts: 86
    runescape has ups and downs. If ur a member (which doesn't cost much) no n00bs bother u and it's almost impossible to do all the quests. The downside it graphics. I rate the graphics 2/10

• pk3rpurepk3rpure Member Posts: 86
    Originally posted by tyme929

can i have your runescape acc plz

U kan have mine soon. lemme just make a mil or 2 for ya

• EzerEzer Member Posts: 10
    I Agree With this Guy

~.:Ezer:.~

• meee2meee2 Member Posts: 6

ok ok i think that somme of u all dont like runescape becouse u cant get any were or u just suck at the game but i think that there are ppl who played the game and got a ways in to it but still dont like the game thats there falt and well ....................cant do any thing about it but some ppl have ent even tryed the game this game is not all that bad iv seen some games on here whos gravics suk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!rune scape is an all 3D game theres no 2D in this game and it does not suck be couse there is like 26 differt skills  thats more then have the game on this site iv played almost all the games on this site there is most defenly better games then this one butt i mean u all rated everquest better then this gamewtf is up with that that game suks bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!also runescape is run on java u have to spend like what 2min with 56k dialup (thats useing the phone for internet) to start the game u dont even have to activat ur acc  but hey 1 game cant complet any one person i mean there will always be ppl who dont like any partilcur game so for u ppl who does not like runescape i would be more then happy to tack ur old accts even what ever ur lvl plz send ur act name and pass to

mxbloomer@yahoo. com  

plz and thxs

• True_ThornTrue_Thorn Member Posts: 5
    Well one good thing about runescape would have to be the skill choices, many many skillz, I got into fishing and all my fighting skillz, did some fletching and woodcutting, and well, i have to say even though bad graphics,sound, and community, there are a fair choice of skillz, many quests (i found these quests very boring and the humor they put in it is just terrible...13+?? its bull i bet half the community is 6 years old seriusly) and not mentioned much is the amazing economy, my first 10m was easy just because so many lazy people who dont want to make 100k more for the time of 5mins...The market forums are always used and its really easy to merchant if u have the skill to just sit and type...or post one thread...

The good               The bad          The ugly

skillz                        Community         Everything

quest number            Community         i cant call them graphics...

market forum             Sound

Combat

The Verdict

"hey guys!, i got five bucks and no life! Lets go make runescape!"

With no offence to jagex cuz they are making at least 5 million yen?peso? nope! USD
  • meee2meee2 Member Posts: 6
    so are u willing to give me ue acct becous i will be more then happy to take any accts that no one wnts any more